Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
There will never be a wedge between them as long as the extreme Muslims are so willing to kill in the name of Allah. I truely think most Muslims fear the extremists and are afraid to speak out for fear of death.

I know for a fact that there are extremely radical Muslims right here in the good ol USA, I just don't know which ones they are. Do you know how to differentiate the good from the bad, other than the bombs strapped to their bodies?
Send Pastor Jones over there to straighten these guys out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Totally agree!!!

Yet, his supporters on this, and the other threads on this subject can't see that. They applaud him for standing up for "free speech", no matter who gets killed in the fallout.
It appears that you cannot differentiate between loathing his actions while fighting for his right to them.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
There will never be a wedge between them as long as the extreme Muslims are so willing to kill in the name of Allah.

Sure there will! Every time they blow up their fellow muslims, they make new enemies among their former friends.

Quote:
I truely think most Muslims fear the extremists and are afraid to speak out for fear of death.
In some places in the world that is undoubtedly true. I think it needs to be a part of our strategy to shrink those places.

Quote:
I know for a fact that there are extremely radical Muslims right here in the good ol USA, I just don't know which ones they are. Do you know how to differentiate the good from the bad, other than the bombs strapped to their bodies?
By their actions, ye shall know them. It's not a crime to be a radical, but it is a crime to commit acts of terrorism. I think our people have been doing a damn good job of preventing attacks, actually. So it cannot be that hard to differentiate.

I just think the last thing we need is to alienate those elements of the muslim community that are willing to help us out.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are right, we should pray for him. We should pray that the Lord will remove the venom from his heart, and from the hearts of his supporters (supporters in real life and here on the CD forum).
If those who are called to pray for him do I would hope they'd not do it publicly. As I said, the man needs to be ignored.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
If those who are called to pray for him do I would hope they'd not do it publicly. As I said, the man needs to be ignored.
Being ignored does tend to have a profoundly negative effect on narcissists.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
those elements of the muslim community that are willing to help us out.
It's been 10 years since 9-11. Where are they? Like the other poster said, they are either in fear of their lives to speak out or the support it. One of the two.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Sure there will! Every time they blow up their fellow muslims, they make new enemies among their former friends.
New enemies yes but even more scared.

Quote:
In some places in the world that is undoubtedly true. I think it needs to be a part of our strategy to shrink those places.
You mean like being at war in three Muslim countries?

Quote:
By their actions, ye shall know them. It's not a crime to be a radical, but it is a crime to commit acts of terrorism. I think our people have been doing a damn good job of preventing attacks, actually. So it cannot be that hard to differentiate.
Maybe not for the Government who has eyes and ears on them but what about the average American who does not.

Quote:
I just think the last thing we need is to alienate those elements of the muslim community that are willing to help us out.
If only it were that easy.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
It appears that you cannot differentiate between loathing his actions while fighting for his right to them.
At no point have I ever suggested he be denied his right to say or do whatever he wants. You, and all the others who are "defending his right to free speech" are ignoring that with freedom comes responsibility and that includes taking responsibility for the consequences of one's imprudent actions. He was told what would happen and asked not to go through with it. He disregarded that plea. The outcome was predictable and innocent people died in the chain reaction that resulted. Many people posting on this subject have their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that inescapable fact.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's been 10 years since 9-11. Where are they?
Quietly helping out our forces and law enforcement personnel. Do you really think we stop these attempted terrorists attacks all on our own?

Why do you want to jeopardize that?

Quote:
Like the other poster said, they are either in fear of their lives to speak out or the support it. One of the two.
Again, these are not our only choices. Again, you show the radical's propensity towards rigid, binary, totally unrealistic thought processes...

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
New enemies yes but even more scared.
Not always true. Clearly SOMEONE is helping us out, our we could not have been as successful as we have been in stopping their attacks on our own soil.

Quote:
You mean like being at war in three Muslim countries?
We aren't at war with Iraq or Afghanistan. In fact we support the current governments of those countries.

Libya is a UN police action in which our role is, thankfully and for once, limited.

Quote:
Maybe not for the Government who has eyes and ears on them but what about the average American who does not.

If only it were that easy.
What makes you think they aren't cooperating? If I were them, I wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops either.

That's why I got so pissed about those stupid hearings. Didn't anyone get the hint from the FBI to keep quiet about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies