Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times

Advertisements

Whoopee.........less wind coming off FOX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Looks like John just heard the news>>>>>

YouTube - John Boehner's crying spells .wmv

Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
I'm not a fan of Beck but this is the best news Beck could ever ask for. The best thing to ever happen to Howard Stern was to be kicked off radio because he made far more money in satellite. Likewise, this is a virtual gold mine for Beck. He can pull a Stern and sign a 100 million dollar contract with Sirius or XM in addition to producing his own television show. Just look at this forum, Beck has a mad following moreso than any other conservative talk show.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm not a fan of Beck but this is the best news Beck could ever ask for. The best thing to ever happen to Howard Stern was to be kicked off radio because he made far more money in satellite. Likewise, this is a virtual gold mine for Beck. He can pull a Stern and sign a 100 million dollar contract with Sirius or XM in addition to producing his own television show. Just look at this forum, Beck has a mad following moreso than any other conservative talk show.
Exactly!

Beck was born in radio & will probably die in radio.

Also, this maybe just an attempt to stir those libs up & get em goin crazy. I'm sure his behind the scenes Fox News reports would be pretty awesome if he were to decide to go that route.

Glen Beck ain't going anywhere but up from here ya'll.

Didn't Beck already have a satellite radio show?

Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Exactly!

Beck was born in radio & will probably die in radio.

Also, this maybe just an attempt to stir those libs up & get em goin crazy. I'm sure his behind the scenes Fox News reports would be pretty awesome if he were to decide to go that route.

Glen Beck ain't going anywhere but up from here ya'll.

Didn't Beck already have a satellite radio show?
Agreed, Beck is totally smiling. Now he isn't locked into a long term contract with Fox. This is a bad example but it reminds me of Johnny Depp and 21 Jump Street. Depp became a movie star and wanted to leave Fox but had 2 more years on his contract for that show so he was obligated to stay even though he would have made far more money being set free and making movies early on.

There are so many Beck fans who would sign on with satellite or tune into his own show to keep up with him.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,396,054 times
But who else will show me in the form of pictures how my fork is related to terrorism?!!?

Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect the pressure on Murdoch about Beck outing the naked emperor, his radical friends, and their plans became too much. Folks may not like Beck but at least he is not a coward or a puppet.

The truth has no agenda.

What is the agenda of those who revel in the silencing of the truth?

Beck is getting fired because he's alienated so many advertisers with his paranoid ravings that Fox doesn't want him any more. Low ratings & lack of advertisers is why Fox is letting him go.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 AM

401 posts, read 473,792 times
He is 5,000 times (no sorry 50K more) **street savvy** than an Starbuck drinking, bicycle riding, granola eating, hybrid driving, obama loving, nancy kissing, idealistic person.

When the SHTF, I will take Beck. Sorry. I know he is extreme but he is practical.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:38 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Left-wingers are just as hateful and spiteful as they claim right-wingers to be. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I used to watch the Beck show and found it to be interesting even though i didnt agree with a lot he said, however as we dont get Beck up in Canada i only get to see him when on vacation,
Just got back from a month long vacation to Florida and watched Beck almost every night and found his content has changed from some one who used to bring up interesting and controversial topics a few years ago to now some one who sits amid many black boards trying to explain bizarre conspiracy theories that i dont think even his most admiring fans have a clue what he's talking about.
I think ratings,sponsors and boring program content was his ultimate demise on Fox network.
However i'm sure he'll get a spot on Satellite radio or some obscure radio network,Maybe he could get a job on Rush's network
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies