Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Here's to hoping that the day comes that you become as enlightened as you claim to be now ..
Same to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:00 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Even when it's in reference to people who are raped or murdered for being gay? Or would you say it's legitimate in that case?
The words for murder and rape are murder and rape just like it is for anyone else..

Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I predict there will come a time when you will look back on the things you have posted on forums like this...and feel ashamed.
One can only hope. But, to recognize that the things one has said/posted/argued for are crap, one's mind needs to be opened. And somehow I don't see that happening with some of the posters here.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Same to you.
Thank you .. and while you're at it, try not to be too blinded by your attempts to shape public opinion .. as it may, one day, get in the way of the truth.

Case in point:

There was once a time that it was thought that the world was flat. They didn't have any proof or scientific evidence .. they just knew.

The same holds true for gays ..

Enlightenment can be a frightening thing for those who may be too fearful of the truth.

I can imagine your frustration .. you've been led to believe something your whole life only to have someone come along and present the very real possibility that all of this time, what you believed was a lie ..

Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Quote:
Thank you .. and while you're at it, try not to be too blinded by your attempts to shape public opinion..
Hmm, last I checked this is called a "Forum" or "Discussion Board".

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
Were you born blind? .. be specific

Using the "blind" argument is a fail .. Eyesite can be repaired ..
Eyesight can be repaired - SOMETIMES. And sometimes it cannot. And whether it can or not depends on the nature of the problem. Sexual orientation, OTOH, cannot be changed, 'corrected', 'repaired' or 'improved' ever.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The words for murder and rape are murder and rape just like it is for anyone else..
That can't work .. The gays want a "special" word that can be used to describe "only them"

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Thank you .. and while you're at it, try not to be too blinded by your attempts to shape public opinion .. as it may, one day, get in the way of the truth.

Case in point:

There was once a time that it was thought that the world was flat. They didn't have any proof or scientific evidence .. they just knew.

The same holds true for gays ..

Enlightenment can be a frightening thing for those who may be too fearful of the truth.

I can imagine your frustration .. you've been led to believe something your whole life only to have someone come along and present the very real possibility that all of this time, what you believed was a lie ..
Funny that one's flawed interpretation of the Bible plays into both scenarios.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Adultery is wrong not because you're having sex but because you're lying to your spouse and being secretive. You're breaking a vow. There's nothing inherently dishonest or secretive about homosexuality, and there's no vow being broken if you are not engaging in homosexual relations outside of a marriage.
I could buy a dress for my wife and not tell her, is that adultry? My wife has lied to me and kept many secrets. I don't believe she has slept with anyone else, there is a huge difference.

I believe physical love between people of the same sex is wrong, partially because my Bible tells me so, and because it is unnatural.

I have no hate for you or anyone else, I just disagree with your viewpoints on these issues. I believe marraige is between a man and a woman.

One thing I have learned, is that communication stops, when one side starts insulting the other side. Whether by calling names, or accusing someone of lying, true communication stops at that point.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Funny that one's flawed interpretation of the Bible plays into both scenarios.
I suppose it could .. that is .. if what I know to be true was bible based.

Trouble here is, that it's not.

I think that once straights and gays can get beyond the bible, and the skewed and flawed science of the day, they might come to understand that in todays society, kids really do get the short end of the stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies