Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 01:18 AM

106 posts, read 157,584 times

Advertisements

Anyone looking for the definition of an Uncle Tom can look no further than the creator of this topic.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
Anyone looking for the definition of an Uncle Tom can look no further than the creator of this topic.
The ironic part is that many conservative members have slammed the OP. Kinda backfired on him. If you are going to engage in buffoonery, make sure you know what you are doing.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
Having an independent thought for a black man is NOT ALLOWED amongst his people.

That's Mr. Tom to you dude.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...
When people act like racists they are racists.

i am a white independent who will vote again for obama. I voted for the right reasons and will continue to do so. It was not done to make history, etc.

He has never used the race card by the way.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The ironic part is that many conservative members have slammed the OP. Kinda backfired on him. If you are going to engage in buffoonery, make sure you know what you are doing.

Well Mr. Faire....I tell ya.....if my purpose in creating this thread was to garner favor from anyone, you'd have a point. This thread, like many others, was just me putting my opinion out there. I let the chips fall, as they say.

But what you keep wanting to ignore is that it has struck a chord on BOTH sides of this issue.

The shame is that some people cannot have a debate or discussion without "going there".....without attacks and insults.

Conservatives don't agree on everything and neither do all Democrats. So what did YOU expect? Obviously something that I did not. We can't even agree on pizza toppings, let alone politics.

I got exactly what I aimed for.......a thriving thread that many have participated on (you included thank you ) and people thinking.

If people ARE NOT tired of being called racist for no reason, then I'd be wrong.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 05-02-2011 at 07:15 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
When people act like racists they are racists.

i am a white independent who will vote again for obama.

He has never used the race card by the way.
Good for you sir...."You one of those that the race card does not bother".

His supporters do use it....all the time. The guard dog media uses it for him....all the time. And he does nothing to stop them. Because he feels it works in his favor. So, he does use it without getting his hands too dirty.
Smart.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
Since you love correcting grammar so much, I just want to point out that it's "hit a chord", not "hit a cord". Thanks, and good night.
No...thank you sir!

Just shows no one is perfect. I'll take 99 percent any day!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 AM

43 posts, read 482,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...
quit co-signing white ppl and caring what they say. Ur acting like AmeriKKKa gives a **** anyway.

My brotha, "No justice, No Peace". As long as there are troops in the Ivory Coast, WhiTe Police Shooting Up Black Children in Our Communities (reservations), Bombs being dropped on Somalia, Afganishan, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, and the whole world over.

It don't matter one god-dam bit who's the president and WHAT white folk who voted for him think. Load up the Ar

Old 05-02-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxLoc View Post
quit co-signing white ppl and caring what they say. Ur acting like AmeriKKKa gives a **** anyway.

My brotha, "No justice, No Peace". As long as there are troops in the Ivory Coast, WhiTe Police Shooting Up Black Children in Our Communities (reservations), Bombs being dropped on Somalia, Afganishan, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, and the whole world over.

It don't matter one god-dam bit who's the president and WHAT white folk who voted for him think. Load up the Ar

HUH!!!????

Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 AM

17 posts, read 11,358 times
The person who started this thread, is either NOT black or an Uncle Tom. The post uses the premise that if we take his base line of argument as fact and its not, that one black president has made a mess of it, then all black presidents would do equally the same. This is like saying that because Bush screwed up his presidency and will be among the top worst presidents in US history that no white man should ever be president again. And I can say this because I am white. It is faulty on so many levels that it is not worthy to argue. Being racist and hiding behind I can do it because I am the same color is not OK, I doubt he is black and if he is in fact black he has many mental problems to over come. He is like the Jew who defend the Nazi, or white who says that no white should hold power because someone in the past has used it to suppress blacks. Faulty from beginning to end. There have been people like Wayne Williams how hated black people and was black him self. If the poster is black I suspect he hates being black and thus discredits the whole race. He is a sad example of how race hate can even make people of that race hate their own race. GET HELP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies