Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 06:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Why didn't Bush do any thing with this info. Seems he gets info and stuffs it somewhere, maybe in his wood pile down at the ranch. Remember the people wanting to fly planes but didn't want to land or take off.
And lets not forget what Bush did with the info warning him of the 9/11 attack.
BUSH WAS WARNED BIN LADEN WANTED TO HIJACK PLANES - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Why didn't Bush do any thing with this info. Seems he gets info and stuffs it somewhere, maybe in his wood pile down at the ranch. Remember the people wanting to fly planes but didn't want to land or take off.
what info did bush have that you think he should have acted upon, and what, exactly, should he have done with this info?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Lord Balfor does have a way of getting to the heart of the matter and making a concise and eloquent response, doesn't he? I'm proud that our president chose the "surgical strike" option as opposed to bombing; the international community can't accuse us of callous bullying or imperialism.
Hopefully those Navy Seals are having lobster, steak and champagne...I'll happily contribute my taxes to that celebration!
IMO, our Secretary of State deserves recognition as well; we all know how much diplomacy is required in the Middle East. A hearty "Job well done" to all!
I most certainly agree about the Navy Seals. A former co-worker of mine is an ex-Seal and I think the world of those guys.

Ken

PS - Thanks for the compliment.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Actually there is a conflict now. Rumsfeld says that but Peter King just said on O'Rielly that it did. Maybe Rumsfeld doesn't want to get arrested.
LOL

Ken

Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
what should bush have done with this info, jojy?

lay it out for us. strip-search muslim-looking people? shut down airports?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Dude, as a truther, in your eyes not only did Bush create 9/11, he summarily created all the tools (Patriot Act, Secret Camps, Water-Boarding) to fight terrorism and everything else afterwards. Bush was the mastermind behind everything that's occurred for the last 12 years, basically.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Actually there is a conflict now. Rumsfeld says that but Peter King just said on O'Rielly that it did. Maybe Rumsfeld doesn't want to get arrested.
I'm not sure what makes Peter "Unapologetic IRA Supporter" King somebody who would have all that much useful knowledge of what was going on in Gitmo and with the "unlawful combatants" compared with Rumsfeld.

I still don't think we have enough info to determine whether the black site prisons and waterboarding actually led to the killing of Bin Laden. The fact that a prisoner disclosed a nickname of one of Bin Laden's courier while at a black site doesn't mean that the nickname was disclosed because he was at the black site.

We should wait until more facts are in.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I'm not sure what makes Peter "Unapologetic IRA Supporter" King somebody who would have all that much useful knowledge of what was going on in Gitmo and with the "unlawful combatants" compared with Rumsfeld.

I still don't think we have enough info to determine whether the black site prisons and waterboarding actually led to the killing of Bin Laden. The fact that a prisoner disclosed a nickname of one of Bin Laden's courier while at a black site doesn't mean that the nickname was disclosed because he was at the black site.

We should wait until more facts are in.
PeteKing

He's on the HLS Committee (Chairman). He probably is privy to more information now than Rumsfeld is.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

Ken
What's so funny? He is the Chairman of the Homeland Security Committee.

Welcome to The House Committee on Homeland Security | The House Committee on Homeland Security
Twitter

It wasn't like he slipped. O'Reilly asked him twice.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
What's so funny?
Your comment about Rumsfeld "not wanting to be arrested".

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies