Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's really quite an elementary concept .... especially when dealing with proven, habitual liars ...... it's called preserving the evidence. It's called proof.
What makes you think that every evidence has been destroyed?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just like glen beck. he's constantly saying that on his show..look it up! do your research! didn't he crow about how many hits some website got after he told his viewers to 'research' some cockamamie scheme he dreamed up?

tee hee
I take it you don't know anything about verifying what you've been told eh? Just take someone else's word for it?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If they don't release something, then they just don't have it. Why are they playing these games?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I take it you don't know anything about verifying what you've been told eh? Just take someone else's word for it?
I didn't say that.

Please go back and verify for yourself what I was responding to.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM

15,137 posts, read 8,673,964 times
Quote:
So you would rather not have any glimmer of humanity and being considerate?
I don't know how you read that into what I said. I was simply calling a spade a spade .... or in this instance .... calling BS .... BS.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
It's really quite an elementary concept .... especially when dealing with proven, habitual liars ...... it's called preserving the evidence. It's called proof.
That's ridiculous. Those who accept that bin Laden was killed this past weekend don't need proof. Those who don't believe it won't accept any proof. And to dismiss the proof, they would fall back on that argument, "dealing with proven, habitual liars." There's no level of proof that is acceptable to those who DON'T WANT to believe.

And the elementary concept is this: People who are truly civilized treat the remains of their enemies with respect. Just as they want their enemies to treat their fallen comrades. Behaving well and doing the right thing simply because it's preferable to behaving badly. No other reason.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just like glen beck. he's constantly saying that on his show..look it up! do your research! didn't he crow about how many hits some website got after he told his viewers to 'research' some cockamamie scheme he dreamed up?

tee hee
I think Beck's admonition to his viewers to research things for themselves is a good thing. I think telling them where to look things up is self-serving when Beck has an agenda. And Beck always has an agenda.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Well .... probably due to the fact that it is unlikely that there will be an independent "deep sea diving" LE forensic team dispatched to verify the identity of the alleged body of Major Boogie Man ... Osama Bin Laden. Surely, the DOD and the Pentagon are ALWAYS honest ... and would NEVER lie .... but just to cover your bases .... to dispel those conspiracy theories ya know? All of those "Truthers", "Deathers", "Birthers", "Tin Foil Hatters", "Whackaloons" out there just don't trust the US Government and the Military to tell the truth .... CRAZY, I know ... but there are some people out there that actually believe government is capable of telling a fib.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:

He complained about extending any respect on humanitarian grounds.
No ... I did not. I was merely suggesting how insanely ludicrous it is to murder Ten's of Thousands of people in the name of serving justice ... bag the boogie man after 10 years .... and then dump the evidence on the way home .... in the deep blue sea ... precluding any possibility of independent verification. In short, it's called "Neural Activity".

Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
No ... I did not. I was merely suggesting how insanely ludicrous it is to murder Ten's of Thousands of people in the name of serving justice ... bag the boogie man after 10 years .... and then dump the evidence on the way home .... in the deep blue sea ... precluding any possibility of independent verification. In short, it's called "Neural Activity".
Again, what makes you think that all evidence has been dumped? It probably is one of those secrets you and I could see as lies. But what exactly would you like to do? Talk is cheap, those engaged and responsible for decisions are the ones who must decide what is best.

As for humanitarian grounds versus not, you took an issue with somewhat respectful burial of the dead, based on the grounds that we have done terrible things. I had to disagree. Just because we have had a tendency to, doesn't warrant that we must, at every opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies