Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
This was a CIA operation. It's SUPPOSED to be secret.
And obviously a well kept secret, Obama and his team are amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No one on the left was worried about divisiveness when Bush was in office. I am giving Obama and liberals the same respect that was afforded Bush and conservatives for eight years.
fwiw I did not have hatred of Bush in 2001. Its his blind followers who post without fact, that are an aberration. The last few days I've see so much Obama hate on this forum from far right quislings, and it seems to be founded on no facts, just the fact that he didnt live in Kansas all his life. I find that VERY sick and sad.

He is president, and deseves some respect. For those who hate him so much, maybe they should go back to school or do something productive, instead of watching Trump on E! channel.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
This is a big mistake and it will come back to haunt Obama. I’m on his side on a lot of issues but not this time. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED PROOF! And I feel like Osama shouldn’t have been given any respect and traditional Islamic post mortem handling shouldn’t even been considered. His body shouldn’t of been dumped at sea and it should me in a morgue.

1.) The government can’t be trusted. This action will fan the flames of conspiracy.
2.) Sometime around reelection criticism will force the President to provide proof. And he will give in just like the birth certificate issue.
3.) Releasing a picture of a dead enemy won’t be inflammatory but it’ll be a show of force.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This is a big mistake and it will come back to haunt Obama. I’m on his side on a lot of issues but not this time. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED PROOF! And I feel like Osama shouldn’t have been given any respect and traditional Islamic post mortem handling shouldn’t even been considered. His body shouldn’t of been dumped at sea and it should me in a morgue.

1.) The government can’t be trusted. This action will fan the flames of conspiracy.
2.) Sometime around reelection criticism will force the President to provide proof. And he will give in just like the birth certificate issue.
3.) Releasing a picture of a dead enemy won’t be inflammatory but it’ll be a show of force.
Do you really think that releasing the photos now would appease anyone who wants to believe in the latest conspiracy du jour?

As someone else said earlier in this thread, this was a CIA operative. Don't you think that it's possible that they may have more information on this subject than you do?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

I applaud Obama for giving Bin Laden a proper funeral, America should not be portrayed as savages
to the rest of the world.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I applaud Obama for giving Bin Laden a proper funeral, America should not be portrayed as savages
to the rest of the world.
A proper funeral for what or whom?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
fwiw I did not have hatred of Bush in 2001. Its his blind followers who post without fact, that are an aberration. The last few days I've see so much Obama hate on this forum from far right quislings, and it seems to be founded on no facts, just the fact that he didnt live in Kansas all his life. I find that VERY sick and sad.

He is president, and deseves some respect. For those who hate him so much, maybe they should go back to school or do something productive, instead of watching Trump on E! channel.
And your eyes have been and continue to still be closed shut...

Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
A proper funeral for what or whom?
Try to follow along young fella....

Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Excellent question!

WARNING LINK PHOTOS ARE VERY GRAPHIC!
Iraq War Casualty Pictures
Ummm...

Uproar Leads Democrats to Pull Flag-Draped Casket Ad - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203715,00.html - broken link)
GOP criticizes new Democratic web video - CNN

But they wanted to get reelected...

Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
I dont know why some citizens have a hard time just supporting Obama's decision (at least initially). All these complaints from people who dont quite grasp the difficulty in making some decisions. Just imagine yourself in his position. Perhaps in the long run this works? He's a smart president, just maybe . . . maybe . . . he knows what he's doing?

The military experts thought it would be best to scorch the earth when it came to eliminating Bin Laden. Obama thought different, it was a risky decision but a better one. Just shut up and trust Obama for once.

Last edited by FreshFresh; 05-04-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies