Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well when did the feminist movement start, well before the last decade. In 1960 5% of birth were out of wedlock compared to 40% now. If it were attributed to "man hating feminists" why the increase. Maybe the 40% is due to misogynists deciding the only thing women are good for is pump and dump.

The point is with 40% increase in out of wedlock births it cant really be argued that feminism is going to cause human extinction due to a refusal to have children. It seems that its the men that are missing in this equation.

Do you really believe women are being taught to hate family? Thats why so many are having children.
Having children and being a family don't necessarily go together.

You have your theories, and I have mine. You think it's the man impregnating women then leaving. I think equally it's a matter of women being told that they don't need a man to raise a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
You don't think that the 40% of out-of-wedlock births is because of worthless deadbeat men who can't take responsibility for their own actions and disappear from their pregnant girlfriends' lives?
The % of babies born out of wedlock varies widely from income and ethnic groups.

Blacks have the highest % of their babies born out of wedlock, at around 70%.

Hispanics have about 50% of their babies born out of wedlock.

Among non-Hispanic whites, the figure is 28% and among Asians, around 15%.

According to the Virginia Project, high income people have 6% of their babies born out of wedlock, middle class families have about 25-30% of their babies out of wedlock and low income people have about 44% born out of wedlock.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
You don't think that the 40% of out-of-wedlock births is because of worthless deadbeat men who can't take responsibility for their own actions and disappear from their pregnant girlfriends' lives?
How about those women NOT get pregnant until they have a commitment from the man? Or they pick a man that won't abandon her. Or already has children by multiple women.

If I hear "baby-daddy" one more time, I may hurl.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:14 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How about those women NOT get pregnant until they have a commitment from the man? Or they pick a man that won't abandon her. Or already has children by multiple women.

If I hear "baby-daddy" one more time, I may hurl.
I don't understand why some people think they're ready for a lifetime job of parenting, but don't want the commitment and stability of a marriage. It seems to me that between marriage and raising children, raising children would be more difficult and would be easier if married, and being married would also benefit the children too.

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
You talk as if women could foresee the future.

Commitment doesn't make a man a father. How many times you see women who were married, got divorced and can't support the kids because the father won't pay child support?

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
but the central theme of the Feminist movement focuses as much or more energy in promoting abortion as you do equality in the work place. One could reasonably conclude from that that you celebrate killing a baby as much as receiving a bloody promotion or a pay raise. So deeply ensconced in your own delusions of equality ... you can't even be honest with yourselves with regard to your own lack of morality.
OH.NO.YOU.DIDN'T? Your perception on feminists, or pro-choicers, or women's view on abortion is sick, perverted, and disturbing. Seriously, this type of opinion is pathological.

Quote:
And the contradictions .... oh the great irony .... you hate men that behave like men ... yet you want to be one all at the same time. Your clocks are running backwards.
I don't hate men, I have never wanted to be a man. I don't hate anyone, even people who hate me and my beliefs. I do feel sorry for them, but hate? No.

Quote:
You've enthusiastically abandoned the fundamental nature and instincts which define the female in almost every species on the planet ... while you demand that the world acknowledge the legitimacy of your self delusions? Please!
I'd love to know how you have determined that we have "enthusiastically abandoned the fundamental nature and instincts which define the female"? Which of us are feminine as opposed to not. Which of us are mothers and which not? Which of us have careers? Which of us stay home with their children? You are making an awful lot of broad generalizations because we call ourselves feminists, but the truth is you have no idea, and I can guarantee you I know some of the posters here, and we represent a very wide cross-section. You are way off base.

Quote:
You won't permit a challenge to your integrity or morality ... that is why any challenge is relegated to "hating women". Had it ever occurred to you that the behavior and attitudes being challenged are not "womanly" so therefore "hating women" is a thoroughly empty accusation?
So you get to define which behaviors and attitudes are womanly? Okay master, let us know when you have drawn up the list. How seriously do you expect to be taken when you spew such nonsense?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
You don't think that the 40% of out of wedlock births is because men-hating feminists have decided that the only thing men are good for is to donate sperm?

It is mothers AND fathers that we should all be concerned with. It's called family - something that many modern women have been taught to hate.
I know you can't but could you show PROOF/ FACTS (those inconvenient things) that "modern women"" hate families" ???

SHOW PROOF! C'mon, show facts, numbers, stats, studies...not one article from ONE person either.... show some REAL proof.....???

Well, c'mon...back it up !!!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,678,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, it's because of women who are certain that they don't "need a man" to be a mother. And if you're a highly paid Hollywood actress who can pawn your kids off on a nanny, I guess that's true. But other women get the idea that they can do it too, on a lot less money.
How nice of you to take the responsibility to be a father off the man's shoulders. I guess now men don't have to stick around and care for their own children.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You talk as if women could foresee the future.

Commitment doesn't make a man a father. How many times you see women who were married, got divorced and can't support the kids because the father won't pay child support?
Why did they get divorced from the "right" man?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:24 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,226 times
Quote:

By the way, where is the demand that men be fathers to their children and take an active, equal role in child-rearing? These anti-woman individuals fall eerily silent when it comes to fathers taking an active role in their children's lives and giving their kids moral guidance.
Good afternoon,

I am a big fan of the women rights movements that gained voting rights, employment rights, freedom of lifestyle choices for women, etc. These things were necessary, and I also wish an Equal Rights Amendment was passed so any violators of equal rights between the genders could have the weight of the Constitution against them.

I am not a fan of the current form of feminism being pushed by NOW and others. I am 100% for equal child rearing for mothers and fathers. Groups like NOW are fighting against state legislation allowing men to share child rearing with presumptive 50/50 custody. This is an example of "feminism" moving from being an equal rights agenda to being a "more rights for women" agenda.

The term feminism itself is exclusive to one gender. If people are for equal rights for both men and women, why not call themselves equalists? It does not compute for me to call myself a masculist yet be concerned with both female and male rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies