Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How's about addressing the content of the textbook instead of attacking the messenger ?

You agree with this kind of curriculum ?
Well said!

The deflection is getting really out of hand from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The "BLAZE" was started by Glenn Beck.......so it basically has ZERO credibility just like Beck does!!!!!!

As well as some posters who tout this crap as factual, to fuel their personal political agendas. .

IF it were true there would be additional credible links provided for verification by the OP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blaze_(web_site)
Ummm......did you bother to look at all the other links provided throughout this thread? They all cannot be discredited.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:34 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
No, no indoctrination here <sarcasm>

Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
b-b-b-b-b-ut the school board meeting was faked, I tell you! It's faked because it's from the blaze!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The "BLAZE" was started by Glenn Beck.......so it basically has ZERO credibility just like Beck does!!!!!!

As well as some posters who tout this crap as factual, to fuel their personal political agendas. .

IF it were true there would be additional credible links provided for verification by the OP.

[b]]Error
I try to picture the posters as I type and I am guessing you are a child or new to posting ? Most people Don't use bold type for the whole message .
Anyway , why do you give Glen Beck zero credibility , what has he been wrong on ?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I try to picture the posters as I type and I am guessing you are a child or new to posting ? Most people Don't use bold type for the whole message .
Anyway , why do you give Glen Beck zero credibility , what has he been wrong on ?
The typical kneejerk Obamatron response:

"Beck has been wrong about everything."

Their tinfoil hats are on extra tight lately.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Watch this short video of a school board meeting, in which a woman is reading excerpts from a textbook said to be used in at least 5 ethnic studies curriculums in Tuscon. The book is used to teach children as young as 3rd grade. The profanity and calls for overthrowing the government are particularly disturbing. (Content Warning)

Bloodsucking Capitalists: Emotional Reading of Excerpts at Tucson School Board Meeting From a Book Used in the Controversial Ethnic Studies Curriculum for Grades 3rd – 12th (Content Warning) | The Blaze

I don't think this is what most people imagine "Ethnic Studies" is about. It is not teaching children about their ancestors' culture. This is a radical political agenda, if ever there was one. Another example of public school indoctrination and obscene use of children to further a political cause.

Glenn Beck had that lady on his show, day before yesterday, discussing this very thing.

Nothing to do with Capitalists. This is straight up Progressive.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Beck has actually been proven very wrong on many, many occasions. Not all the time, of course, but a free thinking, independent mind who has a moral foundation that frowns upon lying should be extremely skeptical of anything related to him because he regularly makes dubious conspiracy theory links that are designed to propagandize his radical right-wing agenda.

Speaking of which, if The Blaze is actually right (I'm yet to see an article from them that didn't omit or spin significant amounts of info), then this curriculum is some of the worst radical left-wing propaganda I've ever seen. Reminds me of those extremists in Texas forcing right-wing propaganda through the school systems. So, I guess it's possible to get this sort of drivel through, no matter one's political view.

Can anyone post an independent, credible source for this video and situation? Whenever I encounter radical leftists, they seem unrepentent in this absurd belief, so I'm not surprised if it is true.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
good god. was that for real?
It's from Glenn Beck, sooo...? But, on the other hand, shouldn't kids learn the real lessons that would help them become "good business" people?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's from Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck was at the school board meeting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies