Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
good god. was that for real?
It's from The Blaze so probably not.

Partisan hack sources like The Blaze or American Thinker lie more often then even The National Enquirer and have even less journalistic integrity. Never trust such a source unless it is backed up by a real source in the main stream media which follows the industry standard journalism code of ethics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
It's from The Blaze so probably not.
that's what i was thinking. I browsed the site and it looks to be run by abject nutcases.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You are hilarious, really. The issues facing TUSD are huge, and go back to the beginning of the year. Sorry, but posting some random sound bite without adding what is going on in that school district is odd. I know you just like to find fault with every public school distict, that's your MO, but really, this district is imploding. If you want an intellectually honest conversation about what is going on there, then fine, but this reactionary nonsense is silly.
Did you ever consider that the reason the district is imploding is because of a garbage curriculum like this?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
You are hilarious, really. The issues facing TUSD are huge, and go back to the beginning of the year. Sorry, but posting some random sound bite without adding what is going on in that school district is odd. I know you just like to find fault with every public school distict, that's your MO, but really, this district is imploding. If you want an intellectually honest conversation about what is going on there, then fine, but this reactionary nonsense is silly.
Why would we need to know the workings of the school district, in order to find fault with this radical textbook?

You act like this oughta be swept under the rug, simply because there are other problems in the district. I don't see the sense in that.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
and you know this based simply on the link provided , or are you personally familiar with this issue?

it just seems like one of those things that's too bizarre to be true.
This has been a radical revolution for the minds of the young for a while now ( at least a decade).

From 2008:
Ethnic Studies program at Tucson High School, Part II.

2009:
http://www.politicsintheclassroom.co...ed-discipline/

From 2010:
Ethnic-studies bullies gaining clout in Tucson

http://www.elindenews.com/news/2-new...tudies-program

Anytime Ward Churchill is involved it is both radical and staged.
Riot Police Called in to Restore Order at Tucson School Board Mtg. ( Ward Churchill was there )

Another radical movement for so-called ethnic studies in Santa Cruz,NM
UCSC students renew 40-year old movement for ethnic studies - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Since when is teaching racism acceptable in schools? That appears to be exactly that these programs are doing.
http://www.limitstogrowth.org/articl...-prohibitions/

http://www.saynotoillegalimmigration...cist-teaching/

Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Open letter to Dr. Pedicone and TUSD board from UA Faculty - Three Sonorans (http://tucsoncitizen.com/three-sonorans/2011/05/02/open-letter-to-dr-pedicone-and-tusd-board-from-ua-faculty/ - broken link)

TUSD Governing Board delays vote on Mexican-American (formerly La Raza) studies, again. « The Cholla Jumps

7 People Arrested at TUSD Board Meeting | Crime | Davis-Monthan AFB News

TUSD program called illegal
Nothing here to justify the use of the textbook in question.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Did you ever consider that the reason the district is imploding is because of a garbage curriculum like this?
We have no idea exactly what was read. The youtube link says it was a text book, I have no idea if this is true or not. Do you?

Quote:
Why would we need to know the workings of the school district, in order to have an opinion on the textbook?

You act like this oughta be swept under the rug, simply because there are other problems in the district. I don't see the sense in that.
The debacle going on in the TUSD at the moment is about this curriclum. And no, I don't think it should be swept under the rug at all, but discussing one tiny snippet of a sound-bite does is pointless when the problem is much larger than that.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
no, but the ones that aren't are brow beaten and chastised. They are the silent majority that go along to get along with the marxists that have taken over their union leadership positions.
b i n g o !

Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
The debacle going on in the TUSD at the moment is about this curriclum. And no, I don't think it should be swept under the rug at all, but discussing one tiny snippet of a sound-bite does is pointless when the problem is much larger than that.
So if you're an expert on the situation, you could enlighten us, instead of trying to thwart discussion on the matter in a condescending way.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJohns View Post
Then maybe that person can "exert" some pressure to get something done.
That is exactly my point, thank you. I am so tired of everyone whining incessantly about how terrible public education is, and nit-picking every little thing. Unless these people start doing something proactive, then I will continue to have little regard for their opinion.

Now I am seriously off to my PTA meeting where I am going to contribute toward public schools in my own small way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies