Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Good, tell that to the many Muslim men who have killed their daughters in America in "honor killings".

Like the one in TX who killed his two teenage girls for dressing in American garb and talking to boys.

Of course after they do it, they get out of the US ASAP.

Because performing "honor killings" isn't the best way to get a fresh start.

Or the Muslim TV guy in Buffalo who beheaded his wife because she was divorcing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 02:42 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Oh good greif!!! Are you just being obtuse on purpose???

Big difference!!! We're not killing people because of the differences between our states!! What are you .....12 ??
Where did I say anything about Americans killing each other?

First off I was agreeing with you.

My point was Americans in their own country when they relocate to another part of their own country, if they whine and complain about how things are better off back home are told "if you don't like it here, go back where you came from".

Someone who relocates from NY to NC and then complains or expects NC to be just like NY, or wants to see NC become NY.

So if Americans are expected to adapt to a new regional area within their own country why should foreigners think that America has to kowtow to their culture and accommodate their beliefs.

I was using Americans relocating within their own country as example as how people have to adjust to their new surroundings, not the other way around.

No reason to be so rude.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:45 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
You know Americans will hear the same thing when they leave one state for another and start whining about the new state and comparing it to home.

The locals will tell them "go back home", especially popular in the southeastern United States and told to transplanted northerners ...LOL.

So if Americans are told within their own country to accept your new place to live or go home, then it is good enough for someone who comes from another country.

If you don't like our laws leave, but don't impose your way of life on us.

We get a few urban transplants who complain about our lack of "diversity" and Starbucks. If they wanted "diversity" and Starbucks so badly, why didn't they stay home and enjoy it?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:05 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We get a few urban transplants who complain about our lack of "diversity" and Starbucks. If they wanted "diversity" and Starbucks so badly, why didn't they stay home and enjoy it?
I think you understand my post, I don't know where CK there thought that I was saying Americans kill each other when they change states.

My point was they either adapt to the new state and location, or if they can't they go back where they came from.

As should foreigners who come to the US and find it not to their liking.

And just as Americans who move out of the US, they shouldn't expect the new country to be America.

Not a hard concept.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's EXACTLY what you're advocating.
No, i'm not. I'm saying that Muslims shouldn't be coddled, and they shouldn't expect to be coddled in a majority Christian nation.

Whenever a certain segment of society starts to feel "left out"...eg: Homosexuals.....they start to complain that their rights are being infringed upon. All we need in this country is for Muslims to start concocting claims of oppression and denial of rights, when in fact neither is happening. It's best that we keep opportunists tamped down to a minimum so as not to give credence to their erreneous and unfounded complaints.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Where did I say anything about Americans killing each other?

First off I was agreeing with you.

My point was Americans in their own country when they relocate to another part of their own country, if they whine and complain about how things are better off back home are told "if you don't like it here, go back where you came from".

Someone who relocates from NY to NC and then complains or expects NC to be just like NY, or wants to see NC become NY.

So if Americans are expected to adapt to a new regional area within their own country why should foreigners think that America has to kowtow to their culture and accommodate their beliefs.

I was using Americans relocating within their own country as example as how people have to adjust to their new surroundings, not the other way around.

No reason to be so rude.
Not trying to be rude. My apology.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:15 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not submission....it's called "live and let live." Their rights end where mine begins. And so far, no Muslim American has ever improperly encroached upon my rights. In other words, leave people to their own devices, and mind your business.
"Muslim American" is an oxymoron. One cannot be both as Islam includes both a (violent and intolerant) religion and a form of governmental rule which is founded on a religious basis - sharia law. It's totally incompatible with Western-style democracy and the freedoms we have here.

And "their own devices" as you cite often include innocent-killing explosives. As evidenced by the explosions in Afghanistan this morning ("Taliban bombers kill at least 80 at a paramilitary training center in Pakistan, claiming the attack is the 'first revenge' for the U.S. raid that killed Usama bin Laden..." ) , they don't care who they kill. And guess what? YOU ARE ON THAT LIST! So keep on with your 'live-and-let-live' attitude. The best you can hope for is that you will never hear the blast which takes your life.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
There's no question there are Muslim terrorists. But they are a small minority. Not all Muslims are like that.

Treating all Muslims like terrorists is like treating all Christians like the Westboro Baptist Church people.

I see Muslims every day, in the coffee shop, on the metro, on the way to work, at work, etc. and somehow I manage to get home without being bombed or what have you. There are a TON of Muslims out there that have zero interest in violence or terrorism of any kind. People really need to stop painting such a broad brush.

Yes, terrorism exists and it happens but there are still way more peaceful Muslims around just trying to go about their day-to-day business.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 05-13-2011 at 05:39 AM..

Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
It's called historical and current fact and it's called foresight. It's called knowing your enemy. Something you're completely oblivious to.

If you actually think we "fear " Islam, you're even more comical than I first suspected.

Difference is, we're not spineless jellyfish.

Oh and by the way, Islam amd Muslims have absolutely zero respect and zero intentions of ever living a life of "live and let live."; where their rights end, where yours begins.

The fact you think that's a reality if laughable. You truely know nothing about Islam and Muslims.

But soon enough you will learn.

The Muslim way is like this......

"Your Rights End Where Islam/Muslims Say They End, Because Islam/Muslims Supercedes All Others and Is Superior To All Others (Infidels and their cultures and laws).

Your naivety is sad and comical, all at the same time.
Completely accurate description of a minority of extremist Muslims. Completely inaccurate description of the vast majority of Muslims in America. Just talk to one of them one day. Ask them if they believe that. Get to know them. See how many of they really talk in terms of "Your Rights End Where Islam/Muslims Say They End, Because Islam/Muslims Supercedes All Others and Is Superior To All Others (Infidels and their cultures and laws)".

Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Bigotry??

YouTube - Former Egyptian-Muslim converts to Christianity

Cowardice??

YouTube - Iran Infuriated by Film of Woman's Stoning

Why do you let these people off the hook??? Why do you turn your ire upon people like me who are tired of the terror threats .....tired of the stuff you see in these videos!!!
I am. And I work for a human rights foundation that reports stuff like this. But a lot of people that work in the office are Muslims that are just as vehemently opposed to violence as you and me. Stop generalizing what a few Muslims do to all of Islam because it simply isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies