Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
diversity. we all benefit.
Unfortunately, who else will do the slave labor for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And.... here's the dumbest post I've seen on this forum (that's saying alot).
What are you talking about?

If you don't listen to rap music you probably shy away from the thug lifestyle it promotes.

I you don't engage in homosexual unprotected sex, you will avoid contracting AIDS.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What are you talking about?

If you don't listen to rap music you probably shy away from the thug lifestyle it promotes.

I you don't engage in homosexual unprotected sex, you will avoid contracting AIDS.
Stereotyping.... great. Seems to be the theme on these boards the past week...

Actually, I listen to ALL forms of music, including rap/hip hop. I don't walk around with my pants halfway down my ass and I don't act like a thug or hang around thugs. BTW, REAL thugs usually don't do anything with their lives, let alone make it in the industry.

As for the homosexual comment, that's just disgusting. I'm NOT saying the act of homosexuality is. The fact that originally, you just said 'AIDS for gays. The problem cures itself.', sickens me.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Here's another take on this story:

Cali Swag District | Cali Swag District Star Killed By Jealous Twitter User? | Contactmusic

Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Some aspects of negative, hate-filled "gangsta" culture helps breed an atmosphere of resentment against those who have not succumbed to the depths of ghetto despair.

A similar example:

YouTube - ESPN analyst Jalen Rose levies 'Uncle Tom' charge against black Duke players

Perhaps the success of Cali Swag District empowered a "hater" to act out against a kid who simply was trying to better himself and raise his family out of poverty.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Some aspects of negative, hate-filled "gangsta" culture helps breed an atmosphere of resentment against those who have not succumbed to the depths of ghetto despair.

Perhaps the success of Cali Swag District empowered a "hater" to act out against a kid who simply was trying to better himself and raise his family out of poverty.
What does any of that have to do with your original post?

The Cali Swag kid wasn't killed over gangsta rap culture.

We now know it was OVER A FEMALE has nothing to do with "hater" GHETTO JEALOUSY because the kid was "RAISING HIS FAMILY OUT OF POVERTY".

Everything else you're posting about this kid is conjecture. Nothing factual at all. What's the purpose of this rant anyhow?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What does any of that have to do with your original post?

The Cali Swag kid wasn't killed over gangsta rap culture.

We now know it was OVER A FEMALE has nothing to do with "hater" GHETTO JEALOUSY because the kid was "RAISING HIS FAMILY OUT OF POVERTY".

Everything else you're posting about this kid is conjecture. Nothing factual at all. What's the purpose of this rant anyhow?
Forget it dude.... just forget it.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
As an "older" white guy, I don't get the attraction to rap (or tattoes either, for that matter). But back many years ago I was listening to the Rolling Stones on our living room stereo console. My father walked into the room, stopped, listened for about five seconds, and then said, "I don't know how anyone can listen to that crap."

My opinions will at times cross cultural and generational boundaries, but it is done with great hesitation. That hesitation is thanks to my father and his unsolicited, long-ago thoughts on the Stones.
Compared to rap, your father would probably say that the Stones are musical geniuses!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Compared to rap, your father would probably say that the Stones are musical geniuses!
My iPod covers everything from Bach to the Beastie Boys and to be quite honest with you, I have no idea why this thread is taking a turn for bashing rap music.

The kid who died didn't die because of his music.

It has nothing to do with why he died.

So is there any reason to keep dragging this out?

If someone wanted to make a "lets bash rap music" thread, all they had to do was post a "Let's bash rap music thread".

But to use rap music as a reason to justify disparaging this dead kid's choice of vocation makes absolutely no sense. And it's irrelevant to the reason for this story being posted.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
My iPod covers everything from Bach to the Beastie Boys and to be quite honest with you, I have no idea why this thread is taking a turn for bashing rap music.

The kid who died didn't die because of his music.

It has nothing to do with why he died.

So is there any reason to keep dragging this out?

If someone wanted to make a "lets bash rap music" thread, all they had to do was post a "Let's bash rap music thread".

But to use rap music as a reason to justify disparaging this kid's choice of vocation makes absolutely no sense. And it's irrelevant to the reason for this story being posted.
Rap "music" is being bashed because it's well-deserved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies