Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The go get the loan from a bank...NOT a government funded program.
Riiiiiight, because corporations don't get any money from government funded programs, why should individuals wishing to further their education?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Riiiiiight, because corporations don't get any money from government funded programs, why should individuals wishing to further their education?
Not in this fantasy thread....

Unless Constitutionally mandated,the fedgov. is not responsible.

Simple but then everyone's sacred cow gets gored.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
get rid of INCOME tax and bring back USAGE taxes(fees)..make the interstates TOLL roads...make the libraries fee based...you use them you pay for them

reform education...make it 1st though 8th straight Academics..then make 9th though 12th CAREER(job) pointed....eliminate taxpayed sports program..you want them then parents(of the althletes) FUND them DIRECTLY...zero federal funding..only direct local funding

eleminate SS..and make a manditory individual savings program

eliminate all the globalist liberal freetrades..and bring back import tarrifs

make all public offices(all to include governors, house of reps, house of the senate, potus,,even SCOTUS) 5 year terms with a term limit of 2.4 terms(12 years)(two 5 year terms and an additional 2 years in case it was from an assumption of command)...and if you get booted/resign you LOSE all benefits(unlike weiner who will collect his house pay for the rest of his life, with free medical)

Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Things I like:
1. Department of Defense
2. Department of State
3. Department of Treasury
4. Department of Justice
5. Veterans Affairs

Things I want gone:
1. Social security
2. War on Drugs
3. EPA
4. Department of Education
5. IRS

Old 06-20-2011, 01:26 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
5 Things it can do as per the constitution
Feeral Level only

Defense (OURS) only ( close the bases around the world)
General Welfare (Natural Disaster Relief ONLY, infects diseases and or epidenmic)
Protect our borders Immgranton Control
Protect Individual LIBERTY and restrain the power of government against the individual.
Write and enforce laws on those who use force on others.

5 things to ban.
War on drugs
War on poverty
The Federal Reserve
Welfare programs (social security, welfare, food stamps, medicare, corporate welfare)
Government attempt to manage health industry.

the list of bans needs to be longer then 5.

but if given the choice I give you 5 more
Department of transportation
Department of education
Department of labor
Department of energy
TSA!

the only thing that i would disagree with is that we do need some kind of safety net for the poor, but i would change the format. it would be barracks style housing (good enough for our soldiers) actual food, and donated clothing if needed. it would serve all those citizens who are truly needy and not gaming the system. NO CASH, NO FOOD STAMPS, NO CORRUPTION.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:

I'm all for goring cows now.... Don't get me wrong..

Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:

This!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

the only thing that i would disagree with is that we do need some kind of safety net for the poor, but i would change the format. it would be barracks style housing (good enough for our soldiers) actual food, and donated clothing if needed. it would serve all those citizens who are truly needy and not gaming the system. NO CASH, NO FOOD STAMPS, NO CORRUPTION.
Why is this necessary at the federal level? Why is this not something the states can handle rather than sending the money for same programs off to the federal government to skim and play middleman with from the onset?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

Good afternoon,

We already attempted housing the poor, it's called public housing. There will still be a segment that will get accustomed to this way of life, and will prefer the predictable security of free food and housing over changing their lives. For many public housing residents, your barracks style housing would probably be a nicer unit that what they live in now.

The better option is to create a direct jobs program for the poor (preferably at the state level), and only give food and housing to people who aren't able-bodied enough to work even a desk job.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:00 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,203 times
I only have one thing I want to ban - and that is the GOP and its affiliates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies