Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,486,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep, Bush supported it and so does Israel. Some people sure need to do their homework before coming here to embarrass themselves.
Wait, let me get this straight. You say Israel even supports it? Huh? So then why hasn't it happened if Israel also supports this? I think you are making things up AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Thank you, President Obama

The man simply has reinforced my faith in him and he truly stands for justice and equality, and is not a sell-out to the Israeli lobby.

What the confused right fails to acknowledge is that even if Jesus whom they so love were to be asked, he would support the Palestinians to have a state of their own. But as usual, the right is unfortunately all about everything that is not right LMAO.

That's very christian of you, folks. Shame!
There never was a country named Palestine. Their original home is Jordan. Why won't the Jordanians let them back in? Have an answer?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,967,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you know what the word ENTIRELY means? So NO he didn't want the pre 1967 borders. It IS either that layout or it IS NOT. When something isn't ENTIRELY adopted it is now something different.
Bush wanted pre-1967 borders with some adjustments to reflect current realities. The STARTING POINT being the pre-1967 borders. Which, similarly, is the same STARTING POINT that Obama is suggesting. Oh, my!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There never was a country named Palestine. Their original home is Jordan. Why won't the Jordanians let them back in? Have an answer?
Yeah, right. May I request you to pick up a history book??

PS: History book, not the Torah

Old 05-19-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:

What? You are the one who needs the history book. There was NEVER a country called Palestine and their original home was Jordan. You can't argue that, if you try, you are either full of it or as ignorant as they come.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bush wanted pre-1967 borders with some adjustments to reflect current realities. The STARTING POINT being the pre-1967 borders. Which, similarly, is the same STARTING POINT that Obama is suggesting. Oh, my!
There is NO starting point with Obama. He wants it back the way it was before 1967 and that's that. The fight is over Jerusalem, the Muslims want it to be the heart of their Caliphate and keep ALL non Muslims out of there. The Israelis don't want that, they want Jerusalem to still be accessible to EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to visit.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 9,056,906 times

Just a nice map I found showing the issue. Of course, with the Camp David accords the Sinai was returned to Egyptian control.

536 posts, read 1,432,592 times
The problem is when they gave these people that land in the first place. They multiply like jack rabbits and are bursting at the seams, even to outnumber Jews eventually in Israel itself!

The 'Palestinian' struggle is a fraud perpetrated on the useful idiots in the west. In reality, it's as SourD says, these people are just instruments of the Arab world at large to take over Jerusalem and the rest of the Holy Land.

All the lefties' criticism about the US's foreign policy hinges on her friendship with Israel. I suppose these people prefer the US to get cozy with Iran and Syria and Libya and North Korean and Venezuela, instead?

Last edited by Nick99; 05-19-2011 at 12:52 PM..

14,361 posts, read 9,816,530 times
Quote:

May I request you to do the same. Why don't you look up the Peel Commision report 1937.

The Peel Commission recognised there was an insoluble conflict in Palestine between the Arabs and Jews necessitating the partition of Palestine into two independent sovereign states.

There was no mention of a third interested party – the “Palestinians” or “the Palestinian people” – who also deserved a separate state. This “people” was the subsequent creation of skilful Arab propaganda in the 50’s and 60’s in response to Israel’s creation in 1948.

SourD is correct

And BTW... 90% of the Arabs living in Israel want the Israelis to remain in control of the territories because they keep it safe to live in. Have you seen what the Palestinians do to the lands they settle in? Open package, mix with equal parts water and heat and in 24 months you have instant slums.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bush/Obama goal is the one and same goal, and 60% of Israelis support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies