Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,862,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Was there ever any real doubt where Obama stood? Sadly, I'm not surprised. Obama has fulfilled every bad pre-election fear I ever had about him.

I will stand with Israel regardless of Obama showing his backside to them.
Like every real patriot American, I bet you would.

Finally we have a President who looks beyond appeasing evangelicals and focuses on people and how America's policies affect its standing globally. But hey, you would rather have one who continues bootlicking of Israeli authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 12:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,781,662 times
I have no idea how any Jew could vote for Obama....

Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,476,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Me neither and I know a few of them.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick99 View Post
The problem is when they gave these people that land in the first place. They multiply like jack rabbits and are bursting at the seams, even to outnumber Jews eventually in Israel itself!

The 'Palestinian' struggle is a fraud perpetrated on the useful idiots in the west. In reality, it's as SourD says, these people are just instruments of the Arab world at large to take over Jerusalem and the rest of the Holy Land.

All the lefties' criticism about the US's foreign policy hinges on her friendshop with Israel. I suppose these people prefer the US to get cozy with Iran and Syria and Libya and North Korean and Venezuela, instead?
There's nothing wrong with patching up with your enemies, though it's not gonna happen.

But the Palestinians deserve a country of their own and they will get it, thanks to the first American President who understands reality for what it is

Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,862,289 times
Quote:
Jews aren't idiots. Forget American Jews, who are clearly more patriotic than the real patriots around here who can't get enough of Israeli policies, even Jews, a lot of them, inside Israel detest what their government is about.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,683,131 times
Earlier today there was a thread that asked whether there were some telltale indications that would lead us to ignore a political post.

A thread like this, that starts out with a lie and goes downhill from there, is pretty high on my list.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,935,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There is NO starting point with Obama. He wants it back the way it was before 1967 and that's that. The fight is over Jerusalem, the Muslims want it to be the heart of their Caliphate and keep ALL non Muslims out of there. The Israelis don't want that, they want Jerusalem to still be accessible to EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to visit.
Are you out of your mind?

Obama is not dictating to Israel or Palestine. He's not in a position to do so. So any comments he makes, just like comments made by Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, are STARTING POINTS. The United States is not one of the negotiating parties. Many, many countries have already recognized Palestine as an independent nation, using the pre-1967 borders. This is not something new. This is a long-standing point of the negotiations. The pre-1967 borders are fundamental to the discussions at hand because they have been fundamental to the discussion since Carter was in office, even before Carter was in office. Your paranoia with regards to a Caliphate is noted and unfounded.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,761,957 times
Quote:
Maybe those who have realized that it's a better thing to do to get along with your neighbour

Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM

536 posts, read 1,431,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's nothing wrong with patching up with your enemies, though it's not gonna happen.

But the Palestinians deserve a country of their own and they will get it, thanks to the first American President who understands reality for what it is
Ask Neville Chamberlain how 'patching up' with his enemies worked out for him.

They'll get their country and in no time, the infighting will begin (it's happening already, these guys can't agree amongst themselves let alone get along with neighbours), and their country will tank, with Israel rolling in again to pick up the pieces and this time evict them for good.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,206,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Israel will be just fine, they are God's chosen people and that is his land.
No country should trifle with them....
Why doesn't god just strike all the Palestinians dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies