Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
You are quite right. Maybe now the Jewish people will finally take notice of who they voted for.
They won't vote for a Republican, if they want chopped liver they can get it at the deli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 06:26 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
And what does your tora tell you in regards to gentiles?
Not big into the Torah being a Roman Catholic and all.............

Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, we just shouldn't support Israel blindly, and as of late they've been doing some terrible things.

But the Presidents view is that there should be a separate Palestinian state. That has nothing to do with Israel personally, just a belief that Palestinians deserve a homeland.

I personally think that they should also, after all, Israel was stolen from the Palestinians to make up for not killing the Nazi's fast enough.
"and as of late they've been doing some terrible things"

Like what?
-You mean like being rocketed from Gaza? How many rockets should they ignore before getting pissed off? Last count it was up to 12,000 I beleive.
-You mean saying they want to destroy all Palestinians, who say they want to wipe out ALL JEWS
-Like defending their soveriegn borders that are constantly being hammered
-Like defending their waters and being called muderers by the likes of Code Pink and Hamas

I don't recall Israeli's chanting death to all Muslims as they march through their streets. Tell me please just what terrible things they've been doing.

But the Presidents view is that there should be a separate Palestinian state. That has nothing to do with Israel personally, just a belief that Palestinians deserve a homeland

That was an utter contradiction of logic. He is talking about the Golan Heights and West Bank. Also putting the wailing wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (among others) into the hands of the Palestinians. Do you really want to see the Palestinians get a state or do you just hate Jews and Christians? Why do the 90% of Muslims living in Israel hate the idea as well?

As far as I know, the Palestinians were given everything they demanded, except that Israel be stoned into oblivion, so they declined, many times. The only thing the Palestinians want is an end to Israel.

Put Israel on one square mile of dirt in the Sinai, and the Palestinians will want to destroy it. They HATE Jews period, and people want to corner the Jews into a spit of land where they become open targets? Why do you think the War of 1967 and the Yom Kippur War took place? Do you understand that Syria would be invited into the West Bank for the specific purpose of attacking Israel? Are you naive enough to think anything else?

Horrible mistake and I guarantee that if they bend to the US, and the US abandons Israel, there will be a world war because of it.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-19-2011 at 07:08 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I guess he wants to try to placate the moslem terrorists after giving the orders to knock off one of their masterminds. I'm waiting for Obama to ridicule Israel's security defenses by saying they should build a moat.
Sometimes Obama needs to be reminded he's an american and being president means putting Americas interests first.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM

760 posts, read 685,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
obama is a closet muslim
And Bush, Jr. was an actual rancher.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now you know something has to be up???

What would be the reason, any reason our President would stand and even make a speech as he did today?

Is he bringing on a firestorm in the middle east, with Israel in his sights?
I don't have a clue but I would bet money that you will enlighten us all with a later post. After all, you have your finger on the pulse of the nation (or somewhere else) and are privy to insider information within the confines of the White house.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
And Bush, Jr. was an actual rancher.
Who is Bush Jr.?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM

898 posts, read 828,180 times
obama is no closet muslim, he *is* a muslim and stands with them ahead of America. Hopefully, he will have a short life (as president for all the SS people monitoring C-D ).

Last edited by zoomba; 05-19-2011 at 07:41 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
You know I read a lot of anti-Israel replies on these threads and I have come to the conclusion that most of you don't have a clue to WTF you are even talking about.
I could go on and on about why Israel should keep its borders and tell everyone to go fk themselves but it would be pointless.
You people should first read a little history before you write.....do us all a favor.

And by the way to all you "hate Israel crowd"....did you know the only country to ever offer Palestinians citizenship.....ISRAEL!

Oh and to all the Jewish-Americans out there who vote democrat....
Next time vote republican...

Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
I refuse to criticize the President's attempt to curry favor with the Islamic world as anti-Israel or anti-Semitic, because nothing in his background would suggest that he is either.

Rather, Obama -- as a Democrat ward politician from Chicago -- perceives the world as a collocation of discrete groups, to be flattered, bribed, and played off against each other -- all with the goal of building a political coalition. Gutter politics on an international level, you might say.

The President errs in thinking of foreign policy as a sort of international election campaign, which is not surprising, since he has done little else in his life but play city politics. Unfortunately, his ignorance of history, and his lack of any basic ethical principles, makes his efforts transparently false and manipulative. That this is the case is obvious, given the lukewarm response from the Arabs, who smell blood in their five-decades-long war against the West, and the contemptuous response from the Israelis, who are engaged daily in fighting for their survival, rather than for votes.

I hasten to add that the disorganized and dysfunctional GOP is certainly no better, seeming more and more to be little more than a collection of small-town insurance men and real estate agents who only recently walked out of a Sinclair Lewis novel.

Ward heelers vs. Babbitts. That's the Dems and the GOP in a nutshell.

The American political scene remains utterly devoid of leaders with a principled approach to governance and leadership, let alone a comprehensive view of world affairs and America's strategic interests. Through our laziness and inattention, our country has created a federal political system which rewards men and women who are usurers, schemers, manipulators and liars. It is no wonder that none of them is a match for the leaders and forces at work in the wider world.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 05-19-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies