Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:13 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You're in Canada and you're making pronouncements to Americans' about constitutionally-protected free speech. I find that ironic. Or, if you prefer, hypocritical.
Explain how it's hypocritical or ironic. Do I support the Canadian system? When a thread opens up on abuses under the Canadian system, you can bet I'll be there.
Get a clue, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 10:15 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I cannot carry a firearm onto the Mall and not up the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. Is that unConstitutional?
Short answer is yes.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I've always had my suspicions about those bloodless Canadians.
Horrid, horrid people up there in Canadia. We ought to nuke them. It says so in the Bible.

I agree that the rules are flawed, and the people should not have been arrested. Those policemen could have handled the situation much more reasonably and less violently even with the rules standing.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Horrid, horrid people up there in Canadia. We ought to nuke them. It says so in the Bible.

I agree that the rules are flawed, and the people should not have been arrested. Those policemen could have handled the situation much more reasonably and less violently even with the rules standing.
Commies wear white socks.

YouTube - ‪Canada National Anthem Played When Carol Huynh Received Gold‬‏

Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Explain how it's hypocritical or ironic. Do I support the Canadian system?
Suppose you tell us. Then we'll know.

Quote:
When a thread opens up on abuses under the Canadian system, you can bet I'll be there.
You honesty don't think that your (potential; we don't know what you think) support for the absurdly broad Canadian "hate crimes" laws would tend to make your opinions on the US slightly suspect?

Quote:
Get a clue, please.
Likewise.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Love Canadians. Fear their courts.

Canada’s Star Chamber dismisses hate crime complaint against Mark Steyn « Hot Air

Catholicism – A Hate Crime in Canada? | Catholic Exchange

?HATE CRIMES? LAWS USED AGAINST CHRISTIANS IN CANADA | Persecution | Way of Life Literature (http://www.wayoflife.org/files/706fe196bc5dd6068bb1a96eefc8b4be-109.html - broken link)

Crimes Canada Loves to Hate

Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 PM

"Now We Are All Criminals"

"It is already said that there are so many laws, rules and regulations in the US that each person in the US breaks at least one law per day, if not much more - without even knowing it. But the US Government is becoming more obvious in how it will go about making everyone a criminal and fining them ridiculous amounts of money in doing so."

Before It's News

Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Short answer is yes.
The laws allowing firearms in National Parks only allow it in those states where the carrying of firearms is already allowed and disallowing it in all others.

It disallows in DC because DC does not allow the carrying of firearms in public, open or concealed, IIRC.

back on topic: if Congress must pass the laws and/or regulations for the Nat. Parks Dept.; and since they do not require a permit for free speech, then is it possible that these people were arrested for unruly conduct, disturbing the peace, and resisting arrest? Have actual charges been filed or where they simply detained, removed, and released? Do we know?

I'm still attempting to understand where Libertarians draw the line between their fist and the next person's nose. You have not given me that answer.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The laws allowing firearms in National Parks only allow it in those states where the carrying of firearms is already allowed and disallowing it in all others.

It disallows in DC because DC does not allow the carrying of firearms in public, open or concealed, IIRC.

back on topic: if Congress must pass the laws and/or regulations for the Nat. Parks Dept.; and since they do not require a permit for free speech, then is it possible that these people were arrested for unruly conduct, disturbing the peace, and resisting arrest? Have actual charges been filed or where they simply detained, removed, and released? Do we know?

I'm still attempting to understand where Libertarians draw the line between their fist and the next person's nose. You have not given me that answer.
Well, show some damages at the dance.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
I don't know if he did. Whether he did or didn't is of no concern to me. No permit is required under the Constitution. I have a suspicion that even if Beck did not obtain a permit and if his rally had been laid seige to by police, that you'd be up in arms over it, since you may (correct me if I'm wrong) support his views.
I suppose you also supported the protesters trashing the State Capital in Wisconsin. They didn't have a permit.
Glenn Beck did, he believes in the rule of law. Btw, Glenn's gathering was not a protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies