Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 07:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Perhaps that is the reason you and others want to make it legal,to get the insurance money????

Greedy leftards.
Except that in this long thread most repugs show no mercy or compassion and most of the lefties do....BIG difference when it comes to motive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So? He served his time, he got out....any other questions???
The poster I responded to didn't seem to grasp that Kervorkian committed a crime. Your post makes no sense to me.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
PS,you can google 'disparage' to get the definition.
I think most people know the word "disparage" without having to Google it... is that a big word to you?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So he liked other people's choice to kill themselves but when it came to himself he let nature take it's course. I get it now.
Yeah, it's called PERSONAL CHOICE - get it now??

Old 06-04-2011, 08:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The poster I responded to didn't seem to grasp that Kervorkian committed a crime. Your post makes no sense to me.
NO! Really!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Except that in this long thread most repugs show no mercy or compassion and most of the lefties do....BIG difference when it comes to motive....
You don't show compassion,you just want what you want.

I am all for anyone offing themselves anytime for any reason....as long as they do the deed themselves and don't puss out wanting someone else doing the dirty deed.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
You don't show compassion,you just want what you want.

I am all for anyone offing themselves anytime for any reason....as long as they do the deed themselves and don't puss out wanting someone else doing the dirty deed.
What if you were in an accident, and were paraplegic. You could talk, but nothing from the neck down moved. Does that sound like any quality of life to you? Is there a chance that you might consider ending your life? How would you go about it?
People that are terminally ill, suffering pain that the doctors cannot relieve, deserve to have options. I believe harm is watching someone suffer and not doing a damn thing to help them. That is cowardly.

YouTube - ‪Re: Physician Assisted Suicide part 1‬‏

Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What if you were in an accident, and were paraplegic. You could talk, but nothing from the neck down moved. Does that sound like any quality of life to you? Is there a chance that you might consider ending your life? How would you go about it?
People that are terminally ill, suffering pain that the doctors cannot relieve, deserve to have options. I believe harm is watching someone suffer and not doing a damn thing to help them. That is cowardly.

YouTube - ‪Re: Physician Assisted Suicide part 1‬‏
Until it is legal to perform euthansia for human beings it will be a crime to assist a suicide.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
[quote=claudhopper;19450107]What if you were in an accident, and were paraplegic. You could talk, but nothing from the neck down moved. Does that sound like any quality of life to you? Is there a chance that you might consider ending your life? How would you go about it?

================================================== ================================================== ==============
Sounds like Christopher Reeves. As far as I know he fought to have a good life until the last. He didn't use the death machine.

I agree harm is not doing anything to help a person who is in pain. There are many options besides convincing them to have the death machine visit them.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Why do you think Christians cannot face death or deal with it? I have had to sit at my mother's death bed and make end of life decisions for her.

We asked our mother years before what she wanted at the end of life. She did not want to end up on machines so I told the doctor to keep her comfortable as much as possible when he told us nothing else could be done. If she was on a machine we would have had to decide to turn it off when the doctor told us there was no brain activity. People have to make these decisions every day and they do.

Don't come to me and tell me the kind thing is to help her along to die. Don't expect me to live with that guilt. You can go home and not be bothered, she wasn't your mother. If my mother was in terrible pain I would do anything to help her with it, short of killing her.

If you think that is cowardly than you have your head up your butt. Cowardly is the death machine and going back to your own life not to be bothered again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies