Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, he wanted to actually do the injection, filmed himself doing it, so he could be arrested and the issue would be litigated before the public. All against the advice of his outstanding attorney, a flaming liberal, Jeffrey Feiger.
Not what you would consider 'misfortune' is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
The bulldog "christian" right wing, which had control, was able to "get" him. The same people who believe if you can't pay your medical bills, you should die without complaint. Life outside the womb is your "responsibility" and not a right.

Assisted suicide allows the family and loved ones to prepare and discuss. Nobody's going to tell their loved ones "I'm going to blow my brains out, what do you think?".
Hold on there Nellie, I'm a right winger, just not a religious one. I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Sometimes life and happiness converge, to where happiness means an end to suffering.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Yes...they get to post on City-Data all day long...as long as they can move their heads! That, alone, is reason to push for assisted suicide.
So people who don't agree with you should commit suicide---I see where you are coming from now. Yikes.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
My position is this:

There should be no laws stopping someone from suicide,it is their right to do whatever they want with their body(as long as it doesn't involve other people property or infringe upon others rights)

There should be no laws PERIOD regarding suicide.

Meaning if you blow Aunt Martha's diseased little head off because she asked you ,man up and accept the criminal charges.

Stop wanting someone else to do the dirty work.
I think there should be laws against suicide and people are rescued if seen trying to murder themselves, but if you succeed then I think they shouldn't bother prosecuting you or doing anything about it.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think there should be laws against suicide and people are rescued if seen trying to murder themselves, but if you succeed then I think they shouldn't bother prosecuting you or doing anything about it.
And people who take their own lives shouldn't be tossed in jail.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 06-06-2011 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: language

Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
No,.they would start to smell up the place after a few days...

Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
The death penalty.
I'm only for a death penalty in cases with a much higher standard of proof where there will be no mess ups.

I'm against those liberals that are against the death penalty as murder even if it's impossible for the convicted person not to be guilty.
PS just for the record there is a much higher percentage of people wrongly euthanized then killed by the state.

Quote:
Far less mistakes or abuse than if it were not regulated. Like now.
not if we keep it Illegal and ban it on the left coast.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
What if someone stood there and watched? Should we institute good samaritan laws?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:50 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,284,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I'm only for a death penalty in cases with a much higher standard of proof where there will be no mess ups.
I'm not necessarily against the death penalty. But the burden of proof needs to be extraordinarily high. We had better be damn sure that we have the right person. It is better to let a guilty person go free than to punish or eliminate an innocent.

Quote:
I'm against those liberals that are against the death penalty as murder even if it's impossible for the convicted person not to be guilty.
PS just for the record there is a much higher percentage of people wrongly euthanized then killed by the state.
I'm curious about support for the claim you have made here. A higher percentage of people wrongly euthanized? Really?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
A higher percentage of people wrongly euthanized
25% in the article and there is no way that the death penalty is that high
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies