Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I don't either.

As long as they do the deed and don't wimp out and get someone else to do the dirty work then knock yourself off...
Or what? What consequences will they suffer because they didn't do it YOUR way????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"funner"?

His reasons according to you

He liked it. What? That's not a reason....

You do NOT know whether he was suffering or what level his pain was on...

He did NOT know his illness would be terminal..he may have thought he would recover...why can't you understand your own language????

Even if he had a terminal illness and was in extreme pain HE may not have CHOSEN to end his own life...THAT is what he fought for ..being able to C H O O S E

Even if he had CHOSEN to use his machine I doubt he would've been able to in the hospital...:rolleyes :

"funner" ???
He's a pathologist and he thought he was going to recover from liver cancer and kidney failure??? He wasn't too bright then was he.

I wish I could have assisted in the euthanasia of Kevorkian. But no - he wanted a Natural Death - a death with dignity. Too bad he didn't want that for his victims.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's a pathologist and he thought he was going to recover from liver cancer and kidney failure??? He wasn't too bright then was he.

I wish I could have assisted in the euthanasia of Kevorkian. But no - he wanted a Natural Death - a death with dignity. Too bad he didn't want that for his victims.

From the poster above....

"""" I wish I could have assisted in the euthanasia of Kevorkian. """"

Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's the whole problem with you euthanasia types and why you shouldn't be allowed to go around killing people. You think you know what someone else might want but some people might want to live even if you think they shouldn't.
Would you say the same thing about the aborted? Maybe she should have to figure it out for herself, without a doctors help. At least then, you'd be consistent.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
From the poster above....

"""" I wish I could have assisted in the euthanasia of Kevorkian. """"
You have a problem with that? How inconsistent of you.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Assisted suicide should be the standard of care. And insurance should cover it.
I don't know about "the standard". I'd just be happy to have "the choice".

Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
News Flash......many people would rather have there loved ones given the choice to die on their own terms instead of keeping them alive for their own selfish reasons.

I don't think anyone can die on their own terms. Who chooses to die ever anyway, we just do.

And.....pets most assuredly do have families involved in their lives.....people who love them dearly.

Of course people love pets dearly but pets are not responseble to other people like needing to leave a will. Pets are not as complicated as humans.

And.....who are YOU to decide whether a paralized person has quality of life? The person who is paralized is the ONLY one who can make that decision.

Who are YOU to decide they do not?

And....not everyone has family to fall back on.

No, but people are ready to help so why throw away people without family but there are those out there who would gladly convince them they should kill themselves.

A person lying in a bed 24/7 is more "involved" in life than a pet? Really? You have also taken it upon yourself to decide that pets are not involved in life?
Where did I say pets are not involved in life? Just because someone is confined to a bed does not mean they are useless.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Janelle144:
Who are YOU to decide they do not?

I never said I should decide whether a paralized person should live or die......I said it should be their choice....not yours, not mine......THEIR Choice.

YOU are the one who want's to make the decision to live FOR them, not me.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
No, no stats, just common sense, experience.....you wouldn't understand...

But you could always show stats proving YOUR oft repeated claim that any and every terminally ill/long suffering person is physically able to kill themselves. Afterall , YOU made the claim...

But that still wouldn't explain WHY they should.....we all were helped into this world....we ALL get help while we're here ...no reason we shouldn't get help on the way out...
Pick a terminal illness and lets see how long it takes to reach the terminal point.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Or what? What consequences will they suffer because they didn't do it YOUR way????

My position is this:

There should be no laws stopping someone from suicide,it is their right to do whatever they want with their body(as long as it doesn't involve other people property or infringe upon others rights)

There should be no laws PERIOD regarding suicide.

Meaning if you blow Aunt Martha's diseased little head off because she asked you ,man up and accept the criminal charges.

Stop wanting someone else to do the dirty work.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-06-2011 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies