Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama won 98% of the black vote because he's black but more importantly he's a liberal who's determine to push progressive agendas which means more handouts for lazy people and more entitlements for people who aren't entitled to anything which many Democrats and many black people love. Michael Steele is black but didn't push an agenda that black people apparently love, that's a huge difference unless you believe that black people vote 100% based on skin color, you don't believe that do you?
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both ran for president...last I checked both black...last I checked didn't win the national black vote. But according to you blacks are programmed to vote for black democrats right?

So you mention blacks then mention lazy people looking for handouts and entitlements. Then say black people love handouts...this is where your Tea Party side starts to show.

Could you please call your republican representatives and tell them to be more vocal PUBLICLY about lazy blacks that love handouts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
AHAHAHAHAHA no
Herman Cain has a tremendous economic and business experience, given the economy Obama would be CRUSH
Obama could beat Palin/Bachmann easily, but certainly not the others.
I'm sure Herman Cain would take black voters from Obama, Obama would lose Florida, mostly if Marco Rubio is VP
Many Black and brown people, Hispanics would call Cain and Rubio Oreo and coconut. Cause those two would put Sharpton and Gutierrez in there place.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Herman Cain isn't a racist...he is more of an uncle tom if you ask me.
Uncle Tom?

Black and Hispanic people are just as smart as anglos and can think for themselfs.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both ran for president...last I checked both black...last I checked didn't win the national black vote. But according to you blacks are programmed to vote for black democrats right?

So you mention blacks then mention lazy people looking for handouts and entitlements. Then say black people love handouts...this is where your Tea Party side starts to show.

Could you please call your republican representatives and tell them to be more vocal PUBLICLY about lazy blacks that love handouts?
Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton never got anywhere close to winning the nomination for a Presidential election on the Democrat side, had either of them actually got into the race you can bet your life that they would have gathered the same high percentage of the black vote just like Obama did because they sell the same type of agenda.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Uncle Tom?

Black and Hispanic people are just as smart as anglos and can think for themselfs.
Apparently a lot of bigoted people around here believe that's true only for certain black people, the ones who vote for black candidates on the Democratic ticket.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Many Black and brown people, Hispanics would call Cain and Rubio Oreo and coconut. Cause those two would put Sharpton and Gutierrez in there place.
A lot like the black and brown people here who have the never to call Cain an uncle tom.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Black people were liberated by Republicans once from the plantation, slave lifestyle that Democrats were fighting to continue... I don't see why doing it again is hard to believe.
I would agree with you until they pushed the southern strategy to lose the black support they had.

The Republican Party of 2011 is a sham of what it used to be.

Many people dont realize that the first black elected to congress was republican.

Republicans also favored integration, affirmative action, and railed against the klan who terrorized the south. They also were for civil rights while democrats were against.

Its too bad all those republicans are dead.

The republicans we have now are the modern era(60's) southern strategists who use racial fear to gain a white voting block.

The republicans are finally waking up though and realizing the white vote alone won't get it done anymore.

This is why you see such initiatives as Hip Hop Republicans, black outreach and hispanic outreach by republicans, and is why you see the party pushing minorities like Allen West, Tim Scott, Niki Haley, out front.

I think you will continue to see more and more minority candidates which will attract more and more of the minority vote.

And the slave rhetoric is stupid. If you support a dem candidate, you are not on the plantation if you are black.

You could make the same statement about poor whites living in rural communities and religiously voting republican. They haven't been liberated. Shouldn't they go to the democratic party, wake up and be liberated since republicans are keeping them in a cycle of poverty?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:57 PM

589 posts, read 376,705 times
Quote:
One day Rubio will be President

Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,992 times
Quote:
Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton never got anywhere close to winning the nomination for a Presidential election on the Democrat side, had either of them actually got into the race you can bet your life that they would have gathered the same high percentage of the black vote just like Obama did because they sell the same type of agenda.

Clinton go the black vote when pitted against sharpton and jesse in most of the primaries.

So how does that compute that blacks only vote for blacks?

But then again I doubt your comment was intended to be factual...just racist.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Clinton go the black vote when pitted against sharpton and jesse in most of the primaries.

So how does that compute that blacks only vote for blacks?

But then again I doubt your comment was intended to be factual...just racist.
Who said blacks only vote for blacks? Are you reading the same thread the rest of us are?

If given a choice between a black conservative and a black Democrat black citizens will always favor the Democrat in heavy numbers because black people love the social programs that Democrats promise. I'm really not sure if black folks are more dedicated to their race or their politics, I'd love to see a black conservative run against a white liberal in a presidential election, that would be the battle of some very powerful forces but I'm fairly certain the Democrat would still get more of the black vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies