Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 12:54 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,042,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Viability doesn't even need to be in quesiton. A woman can obtain a legal abortion based on her personal situation. One that would make her consider this as the best of the options. Is she a teenager, whose entire life will be altered should she choose finish "baking that bun"? Is she an abused woman with other abused children to worry about? Does she have any family to help her in bad situations? Is that baby going to be neglected due to her own drug addiction? or is it going to be drug addicted itself? Did the woman take medications that have been found to cause severe handicaps she is uable to deal with? A gazillion reasons why a woman would choose abortion. Don't you just hate it when its almost alway a man that decides those undeveloped cells are "life". A few more vasectomies would require a lot fewer abortions!
each woman has a unique set of circumstance the reasons are between her and her doctor no one else.

edited to add in the early stages she does not even have to discuss the reasons with her doctor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
every child deserves to be wanted, loved and cared for. many pregnancies are aborted for the very reason they won't be loved or cared for. to not care about the type of life a child might lead is not compassion
It's interesting, because people wanting to adopt healthy children in the US often have to wait for years. So much so, that many pay vast sums of money adopt children from other countries. So, tell me again: Why is killing children compassionate?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
It's interesting, because people wanting to adopt healthy children in the US often have to wait for years. So much so, that many pay vast sums of money adopt children from other countries. So, tell me again: Why is killing children compassionate?
we have a difference of opinion on the word "children" I do not consider a fetus a child. as to if it is compassionate to end a late term pregnancy because the baby will die within hours or days, due to severe illness after it is born? then yes that is compassion if the mother and the doctor think it is the best thing. again...not your business

Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,543 times
Default compassionate

Quote:
So, your argument is not only that killing the child is compassionate, but also that the parents of aborted children are likely criminals? Really?
I doubt the drug addled woman having the abortion would be necessarily compassionate. Just having a moment of clarity.

Not sure how you came up with the rest of your statement? Do I think every woman who chooses abortion to be of the criminal type. NOPE, there are actually women (young teensagers, single women etc) who are simply using the morning after pill or doing extremely early trimester abortions for nothing else other than convenience. Again disposing of unformed undeveloped cells...or the possiblity of those becoming a child.

I was simply pointing out the extreme circumstances that can happen to children that should not be born and an abortion if the correct choice.

Oops there's that word again .....choice.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,543 times
Default There you have it!

Quote:

Now we are getting to the real reason that some want to stop abortions. They want the availabillity of unwanted children. Of course those are white children with no health or physical disabilities.

Killing children isn't compassionate. Nor is it compassionate to bring unwanted children into the world when we can safely and reliably stop it from forming into a child while it is still a pile of cells. Heck we can even stop it from that one single cell from attaching to the uterine wall to begin with. What is wrong with that?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we have a difference of opinion on the word "children" I do not consider a fetus a child. as to if it is compassionate to end a late term pregnancy because the baby will die within hours or days, due to severe illness after it is born? then yes that is compassion if the mother and the doctor think it is the best thing. again...not your business
As I mentioned previously: If you dehumanize a child in a womb, then abortion becomes entirely legitimate. If you consider it to be a person, then it's hard to make the argument that you're not violating their rights by killing them.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
As I mentioned previously: If you dehumanize a child in a womb, then abortion becomes entirely legitimate. If you consider it to be a person, then it's hard to make the argument that you're not violating their rights by killing them.

abortion is already legitimate! let me repeat what I have said again and again, women are not stupid. we know what abortion is. until a developing pregnancy can be viable outside the womb it really has no rights. a woman has the right to be in control of her own reproductive organs. simple as that.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Now we are getting to the real reason that some want to stop abortions. They want the availability of unwanted children. Of course those are white children with no health or physical disabilities.

Killing children isn't compassionate. Nor is it compassionate to bring unwanted children into the world when we can safely and reliably stop it from forming into a child while it is still a pile of cells. Heck we can even stop it from that one single cell from attaching to the uterine wall to begin with. What is wrong with that?
Who brought race into this discussion? There was an argument that killing children before they are born is compassionate because they would likely grow up unloved, uncared for, and abused (someone also suggested raped). Firstly, I take issue with accusing poor expectant mothers of being drug addicts or criminals. Secondly, I mentioned adoptions because people having children who cannot afford to keep them are by no means obligated to do so.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
So.....we should force women to carry pregnancies and give birth in order to provide someone else with a child?

We need more "product" on the market.....so let's force women to provide infants against their will?

If this is your reasoning.....shouldn't women get PAID for providing this service?

Sounds pretty barbaric to me.

How many pro-lifers are against abortion simply because it would make it easier for THEM to obtain a child? More product on the market for them to choose from?

Disgusting.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So.....we should force women to carry pregnancies and give birth in order to provide someone else with a child?

We need more "product" on the market.....so let's force women to provide infants against their will?

If this is your reasoning.....shouldn't women get PAID for providing this service?

Sounds pretty barbaric to me.

How many pro-lifers are against abortion simply because it would make it easier for THEM to obtain a child? More product on the market for them to choose from?

Disgusting.
Who says I want a child? I just vote against dead babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies