Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:32 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Please review the map I have posted listing post viabilty abortion availability by state. You will see there are several states that have no restrictions most have paper thin restrictions. I have regard for all life, it is disconcerting that the militant pro abotionists have no regard for life after viability.

as annie pointed out women who undergo a late term abortion are women who want their babies but either the baby or the mother life is at risk. mental health? you want a woman to have mental problems because she can't "handle" her personal situation? should she be forced to give birth and raise a severely deformed child that will die shortly after birth?

caring about viability is one thing. I doubt you will find any pro choice person advocating terminating healthy babies at 7 or 8 months alone no matter what state they live in. nor will you find a doctor in the states without restrictions willing to do one on a healthy infant and baby. the states with no restrictions...if your 2007 list is still current have no restrictions so women won't have to travel out of state should the need arise. not because they "kill healthy babies"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:33 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,177 times
Default whaaat???

Quote:
See post 99.

Your position is confusing. If you believe that a baby has rights after viability how can you hold this position. Do you believe in infanticide?

I do believe you are thinking you are speaking with someone else. I didn't say anything ever about a baby having rights. I only have personal decisions about my own body. I don't believe in infanticide, which to me means a baby already outside the woman's body. Should there be a medical necessity to allow a late term abortion, and it was in my body, killing me, then I would abort. If it was a late term abortion in another womans body......I wouldn't even be aware of it.. nor would I interfere because its not my body, not my decision. You have to be a man, you are so easily confused on this whole thing.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I said, if you read me correctly is shrimp-like, and that is Exactly a perfect description of what a newly developing fetus looks like.....Are you sure you don't live in Texas....they don't allow biology book here, you know.

LOL, OK so now you believe when a fetus appears human it shouldn't be aborted. Check out a picture of a fetus at 9 weeks. Looks pretty human to me.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Default mental health

Quote:
The states in white have no restrictions. The tan for the "mental health" of the mother, that isn't much of a restriction.
Really, a crazy mother should be able to have children? Seriously, you must be a man!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I do believe you are thinking you are speaking with someone else. I didn't say anything ever about a baby having rights. I only have personal decisions about my own body. I don't believe in infanticide, which to me means a baby already outside the woman's body. Should there be a medical necessity to allow a late term abortion, and it was in my body, killing me, then I would abort. If it was a late term abortion in another womans body......I wouldn't even be aware of it.. nor would I interfere because its not my body, not my decision. You have to be a man, you are so easily confused on this whole thing.
an abortion at any stage is the woman's business, not some stranger that has nothing to do with her.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM

Default NO, yet again

Quote:
LOL, OK so now you believe when a fetus appears human it shouldn't be aborted. Check out a picture of a fetus at 9 weeks. Looks pretty human to me.

I don't think the PHOTO, of a fetus at any time is the decisioin maker.....by the way its only about 1.5-2 inches long and doesn't have a viable nervous system. I believe it is the womans right to decide. Not yours, not mine.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Yikes, is it too hard to look at post 99?!

I am not sexist so I wouldn't imply you have some inablity to remember what you wrote just a short time agobecause you are a woman. I would urge you to refrain from sexist comments. It only serves to make you look more foolish.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Please review the map I have posted listing post viabilty abortion availability by state. You will see there are several states that have no restrictions most have paper thin restrictions. I have regard for all life, it is disconcerting that the militant pro abotionists have no regard for life after viability.
Your little map is very vague on details to say the least. Roe v Wade itself, the law of the land, imposes restrictions on late term abortions. The states you speak of probably have not altered those restrictions.

And......you have repeatedly stated you are against late term abortions.....and that would include the examples I provided.

Late term abortions have severe restrictions.....which you choose to ignore. You just don't seem to want to look at real life situations and what is really at play when a late term abortion is preformed. The government cannot legislate every single circumstance......doctors that are right there at the scene often have a hard time deciding whether a woman may or may not die if they do not intervene. THAT is one very valid reason why the government has no business trying to make that decision.

One woman may want to risk her life to give birth.....another woman may not. Deciding whether or not you want to risk death is not any of the government's business. That can ONLY be the woman's decision.....and how dare anyone propose taking that right away.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Really, a crazy mother should be able to have children? Seriously, you must be a man!

Interesting proposition. So now you believe woman should have a mental health check up before they are allowed to deliver a baby?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is already legitimate! let me repeat what I have said again and again, women are not stupid. we know what abortion is. until a developing pregnancy can be viable outside the womb it really has no rights. a woman has the right to be in control of her own reproductive organs. simple as that.
Quote:
It is as simple as that!
shore I don't see any problems with this poster post #99 in reply to mine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies