Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,900,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
But a female can have sex and not need to worry about anything.

A male is taking a risk if he has sex (no matter how many precautions he takes)
A few points: Women worry about pregnancy more so than men do. Dealing with an unwanted pregnancy is not nothing to worry about. You have to make a very difficult desission: abortion, which is a hugh moral delima for many women, even pro-choice women. adoption, which is also difficult or keep the baby.

Women dont normally run out and get an abortion because they dont want to pay for a baby. Sure they are considering the expense to care for a child for 18 years, and not just writing a 350$ check, but providing housing, food, shelter, clothes, daycare, school, medical expenses. They are thinking how it will effect their life as far as education and job opportunities, how it will effect their social life, dating and ever getting married, how their family and community will see them, if they will have any non financial support, can they deal with a crying fussy baby, will they be a good mother, even how the pregnancy will affect their health and body, etc. etc.

All the man has to think about is writing a monthly check and life goes on as before.

As to why men are forced to pay for illigitimate children they never wanted: Bastards are an embarassment to society and a drain on government tax dollars. This goes way back to Victorian England when gentlemen went about dipping their wicks in random wells leaving women with bastards they could not feed. These children were farmed out for a small fee and it became a scandal when it was found the babies were most often murdered shortly thereafter. It was quite a good business in the day.

The government finds it best to protect these babies so it created laws to make parents responsible for their offspring. The mother must care for her child and the father help support it finanically or it can be adopted with great gov. regulation. May not seem quite fair to the father but as stated he has a choice not to dip his wick and its much better than allowing people to get rich starving babies to death.

Here is some reading for you city data.

Bastardy and Baby Farming in Victorian England
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:29 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,477,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
A few points: Women worry about pregnancy more so than men do. Dealing with an unwanted pregnancy is not nothing to worry about. You have to make a very difficult desission: abortion, which is a hugh moral delima for many women, even pro-choice women. adoption, which is also difficult or keep the baby.

Women dont normally run out and get an abortion because they dont want to pay for a baby. Sure they are considering the expense to care for a child for 18 years, and not just writing a 350$ check, but providing housing, food, shelter, clothes, daycare, school, medical expenses. They are thinking how it will effect their life as far as education and job opportunities, how it will effect their social life, dating and ever getting married, how their family and community will see them, if they will have any non financial support, can they deal with a crying fussy baby, will they be a good mother, even how the pregnancy will affect their health and body, etc. etc.

All the man has to think about is writing a monthly check and life goes on as before.

As to why men are forced to pay for illigitimate children they never wanted: Bastards are an embarassment to society and a drain on government tax dollars. This goes way back to Victorian England when gentlemen went about dipping their wicks in random wells leaving women with bastards they could not feed. These children were farmed out for a small fee and it became a scandal when it was found the babies were most often murdered shortly thereafter. It was quite a good business in the day.

The government finds it best to protect these babies so it created laws to make parents responsible for their offspring. The mother must care for her child and the father help support it finanically or it can be adopted with great gov. regulation. May not seem quite fair to the father but as stated he has a choice not to dip his wick and its much better than allowing people to get rich starving babies to death.

Women might worry about pregnancy, but the point is they have the power to do something about it.

And don't call me city data. City data is the name of this site, not my name. I'm city_data91

Old 06-10-2011, 09:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,736,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's called "A woman's right to choose murder."
And it's the woman's right to choose who pays to raise it....the sperm donor or the taxpayers.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:32 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,407 times
Very well put 2mares. A MAN takes care of his responsibility. Children, wanted or not, are a responsibility.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,477,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Very well put 2mares. A MAN takes care of his responsibility. Children, wanted or not, are a responsibility.
And I'm unwilling to accept that responsibility, so I stay celibate.

Are you saying I'm not a man?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Anyone?
Answers.com - Can a hermaphrodite self impregnate

You can search for a more valid answer if you want but that sounds about right.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Haha I don't believe it. I have heard many pro-choicers, refer the the baby growing inside of them as a virus, and just a lump of cells. Women who refer to the baby forming inside of them as that have no moral dilemmas, they couldn't care less about the virus called life.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,026,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Tired, hurt myself (accidentally), got kicked out. Would attempt to rejoin but since I got kicked out I have been diagnosed with a psychological "disorder" that prevents me from enlisting.
Somehow, it does not surprise me that the NPU issued a Section 8.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Women might worry about pregnancy, but the point is they have the power to do something about it.

And don't call me city data. City data is the name of this site, not my name. I'm city_data91
And men dont get pregnant so they dont have to worry about the pregnancy. If a man were pregnant, he would have the power to do something about it.

A big difference between a pregnancy and a baby. Once its a baby, both parents are then responsible. Unlike a man, a woman does have the power to put the child up for adoption, with the fathers consent. Your power is your choice to NOT have sex or to be diligent with YOUR birthcontrol. Until you complaining men lobby your representatives and get the law changed you will just have to exercise your choices.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Haha I don't believe it. I have heard many pro-choicers, refer the the baby growing inside of them as a virus, and just a lump of cells. Women who refer to the baby forming inside of them as that have no moral dilemmas, they couldn't care less about the virus called life.
How many?

I've heard this too. I also referred to mine as parasites at some point during my pregnancy and I have read several post on CD of pro-choicers stating they would never have an abortion. Pro-choice is about choice.

Please let me know how you have any idea what goes on in the minds and hearts of women contemplating an abortion or even adoption. Have you experienced it, do you have a loved one that confided in you, have you worked in a pregnancy crisis clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies