Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't like asking personal questions, but you don't seem to mind.

Had you and the ex talked about the possibility of pregnancy, or did it never cross your minds ? Is she your 'ex' because of the pregnancy ?

btw, I think you made the right decision and wish you both well.
Thanks. It never crossed our minds because we have never thought this was going to happen to us. I always used protection and I was always careful when I used a condom. I never busted inside the condom until I pulled it out. This time, there was probably a slight tear that we didn't notice. I broke up with her before she told me that she was pregnant. I didn't want a gf anymore and she understands that. She told me a week after we broke up that she was pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Just because taxpayers won't pay for Planned Parenthood does not mean the end to that facility. It means people like you will have to donate to the cause, if you wish to support their work.
Perhaps her mother would take her to the Dr. for birth control, real doctors have access to those too. If not, then perhaps the daughter should wait until she is of age to make an apptmt. for herself.
If the boy raped her, call the cops.
What do you mean PP is the only safe place she could go? The only place that wouldn't tell her parents? They should know.
Planned Parenthood gets its operating funds from a variety of sources, including donations, patient charges (they aren't all on Medicaid) and Medicaid. Funny you should mention "real doctors" (as if those who work for PP are not). Many "real doctors" take Medicaid (just look at Michele Bachmann's husband), and many of these same doctors do abortions as well. If the RW is going to be consistent, it should lobby to get Medicaid disallowed for doctors who provide abortions as well, though frankly I think the proper approach is to let PP continue to be a Medicaid provider for non-abortion related services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Very rarely will a woman of reproductive age conceive when both parties participating in intercourse are using protection and the woman is not in her 72 hr. window of fertility.

It is the woman's responsibility to make certain she is protected because it is she who will be responsible for murdering her unwanted fetus through abortion of convenience if she doesn't. Get it yet or is the concept of personal responsibility as a means to live without murding innocents outside of the realm of possibility for you.

"Human nature" excuse to use abortion for post conception birth control is a cop-out phrase used by those unwilling to be responsible. Did the manufacturer of the contraception introduce sperm to the egg....NO! Two cop-outs in the same post by trying to blame the manufacture of a contraceptive product. Why am I not surprised. The left doesn't believe in the sanctity of value of human life. They don't believe in personal responsibility, only taxpayer funded abortions for behavior that happened in private.
OK, I don't like to get real personal here, but I'm going to tell of an experience of mine. I was breast-feeding a baby, and had intercourse well outside the midcycle 72 hour "window". I got pregnant. There were two strikes against me getting pregnant, plus my history of infertility (first pregnancy accomplished only with Clomid), but I got pregnant anyway. It happens.

There are no taxpayer funded abortions. Period.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
I would support the pro-choice movement if these people were serious about truly being pro-choice.

For example, as a male I cannot control a females body via laws against abortion, but it's perfectly acceptable for a female legislator to control what I put into my male body as food.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Katiana, why do you keep repeating the lie that taxpayers do not fund abortions - it is so easy to prove you wrong. I will grant you that it's not specifically targeted for abortions, but we know that is where a good portion of the money is going.

Quote:
Abortion providers such as Planned Parenthood continue to receive hundreds of millions of tax dollars every year under Title X, which subsidizes their overhead for promoting abortion as they divert more and more resources towards the killing of the unborn.

In 2010, Planned Parenthood revealed a total income of $1.1 billion. Taxpayers shelled out $363 million to pad the abortion provider's bottom line through federal and state grants and contracts (or 33% of its entire income).
Taxpayer Funding of Abortion (http://www.prolifealliance.com/taxpayer%20funding%20of%20abortion.htm - broken link)

Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Why are pro-lifers still trying to control other women's reproductive choices after it's been the law of the land for 35 years? Can anyone answer that?
Because we still believe in morality as a distinctly human trait. We were told that with the advent of contraception, abortions would be a thing of the past. Instead the numbers increased, and barnyard morality took hold, leading to disrespecting women and women disrespecting themselves. This "progress" has actually resulted in a step backward for men and women.
In reality, we should be working towards banning contraception, because it provides a false sense of security, promoting rampant promiscuity.
NFP (natural family planning) respects fertility and requires and fosters the virtue of self-control (accessible only to humans); contraception violates fertility and caters to the animal propensity for self-indulgence

Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
All of you who are appalled by the egregious, accelerating assault on a woman's reproductive rights: Put your money where your outrage is

EMILY's List: Join EMILY's List Today (http://emilyslist.org/splash/signup/splash01/ - broken link)

Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Because we still believe in morality as a distinctly human trait. We were told that with the advent of contraception, abortions would be a thing of the past. Instead the numbers increased, and barnyard morality took hold, leading to disrespecting women and women disrespecting themselves. This "progress" has actually resulted in a step backward for men and women.
In reality, we should be working towards banning contraception, because it provides a false sense of security, promoting rampant promiscuity.
NFP (natural family planning) respects fertility and requires and fosters the virtue of self-control (accessible only to humans); contraception violates fertility and caters to the animal propensity for self-indulgence
Great. Let's start handing out directions for making your own cycle beads to track a woman's safe times to have sex, like they use in 3rd world countries to teach about peak fertility days. Here you go with a link to get you started. Hand a copy out to everyone you know age 12 and above and check back with us in few years to let us know how that is working out.

How to Make Cylce Beads (Fertility Tracking Beads) | eHow.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
All of you who are appalled by the egregious, accelerating assault on a woman's reproductive rights: Put your money where your outrage is

EMILY's List: Join EMILY's List Today (http://emilyslist.org/splash/signup/splash01/ - broken link)
Thanks. Will do.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it. You are not entitled to force it upon everyone else.

In reality, you should be working towards taking care of your own morality and leaving everyone else alone.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Katiana, why do you keep repeating the lie that taxpayers do not fund abortions - it is so easy to prove you wrong. I will grant you that it's not specifically targeted for abortions, but we know that is where a good portion of the money is going.

Taxpayer Funding of Abortion (http://www.prolifealliance.com/taxpayer%20funding%20of%20abortion.htm - broken link)
Well, claudhopper, you are incorrect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/us...-letter20.html

Planned Parenthood is not all that big. It receives about $363 million in federal government grants, according to its 2008-9 report. Not a cent of federal aid can be legally used for abortions, which make up only 3 percent of the organization’s services — which also include prescribing contraceptives and offering birth control advice, cancer screenings like mammograms and tests for sexually transmitted diseases.

"We all" are wrong.

Quote:
Please explain that statement. "The advent of contraception?" Contraception is as old as time.

13_2 Birth Control in Antiquity

Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, claudhopper, you are incorrect.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/20/us...-letter20.html

Planned Parenthood is not all that big. It receives about $363 million in federal government grants, according to its 2008-9 report. Not a cent of federal aid can be legally used for abortions, which make up only 3 percent of the organization’s services — which also include prescribing contraceptives and offering birth control advice, cancer screenings like mammograms and tests for sexually transmitted diseases.

"We all" are wrong.

Please explain that statement. "The advent of contraception?" Contraception is as old as time.

13_2 Birth Control in Antiquity
I am saying, with the availability of numerous methods of averting pregnancy, , with more coming to market as we speak, abortions rose. How do you explain that. Particularly with an institution who's sole focus is supposedly "planned pregnancy's".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies