Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
there isn't a pro choice woman who would vote for a anti choice politician.
Probably true, but how sad. There are issues more important than your demand for the right to erase your mistakes by killing your children. Such as the impending demise of this nation, the debt, illegal immigration, jobs, wars, foreign enemies, enemies within etc...you are one small minded bunch.

Quote:
many more on both sides of the issue wouldn't vote for a third party running as it equates to throwing your vote away.
I will vote for whomever I believe can best turn this country around. If that is not the populist vote, so be it.

now you're leading me off topic again, and poof go my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Probably true, but how sad. There are issues more important than your demand for the right to erase your mistakes by killing your children. Such as the impending demise of this nation, the debt, illegal immigration, jobs, wars, foreign enemies, enemies within etc...you are one small minded bunch.

I will vote for whomever I believe can best turn this country around. If that is not the populist vote, so be it.

women's heath is not a small issue at all. the right for a woman to be able to control her own reproduction without the interference of the government, religion or other people is extremely important. politicians that support the right to choice also happen to support my view on the rest of the issues at hand.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

So, are you saying you would vote for a pro-choice politician if you thought his other policies would turn this country around?

Perhaps we need to put this into an area that may actually impact YOU personally.....perhaps a politician that wants to take away your right to own a gun. Assuming you own a gun.

Would you vote for such a politician if you thought his economic policies would save the country?

Old 07-06-2011, 05:51 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,257 times
Tho I don't believe in abortions. I feel if a women has one it's her decision, right or wrong. SHE will have to answer for it at a later

Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Why is this anyone's business anyhow. What other women do about abortion or having a baby does not impact me in anyways, why should i care. I do not know what the circumstances would be to call for a young girl or women to have an abortion. Easy for most of us to sit in judgement, until you walk in a women's shoe who is contemplating having an abortion. I imagine it is not a easy decision to come to. Now these young teens having abortions left and right, that i do not agree with, they think nothing of having unprotected sex, and having abortion after abortion, that is not the way to solve the problem.

And no i know many older women in their early fifties, who have never had an abortion, and would never even consider having one. I do know younger women in their twenties, and thirties, who have had abortions. I think it has nothing to do with age, and everything with not being able to handle having a baby, no matter what the age. To bad they won't consider having the baby, and putting it up for adoption, to many really good people out there, who would like to have children but cannot, and many parents who are not parents at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why is this anyone's business anyhow. What other women do about abortion or having a baby does not impact me in anyways, why should i care. ..........
The value placed on innocent life, or lack of value, deeply affects our society. You don't think so?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The value placed on innocent life, or lack of value, deeply affects our society. You don't think so?
if you are talking about a fetus, is not a life, without another cooperation. the value of it is subjective to the woman who has to carry it.

as to valuing "life" outside the womb and once born, most people do value it other than hard core criminals.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:05 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Here's a question for Pro-Lifers (or anyone interested): If technology advantaged to the point that it was possible to take a 4 to 14 week old fetus out of a woman's body---say she doesn't want to or can't have a baby for whatever reason---and put that fetus in a futuristic, super-incubator bringing that fetus to a full term baby, would you be willing to have tax payer funds go to supporting baby super-incubation "farms?" Or should they be privately funded like you want all abortions to be? Today, the average preemie costs over $49,000 for health care costs in the first year. Of course, that cost would jump to $150,000 to $200,000 with the futuristic super-incubator. A good tax payer investment? Should insurance policies be required to over it?

If all the money the Pro-Life movement has spent fighting to overturn Roe vs Wade over the years had been spent on advantaging this kind of technology, this would be a real choice today in my opinion. What do you think?

Study: Average preemie costs $49,000 in first year - CNN

Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, are you saying you would vote for a pro-choice politician if you thought his other policies would turn this country around?

Perhaps we need to put this into an area that may actually impact YOU personally.....perhaps a politician that wants to take away your right to own a gun. Assuming you own a gun.

Would you vote for such a politician if you thought his economic policies would save the country?
I am willing to vote for a candidate that will get it out of the Feds domain, and hand it over to the states where it belongs. I would not pick a candidate that says hope and change without knowing exactly what they meant by that. I don't care how well groomed they are, how old, what gender, or what color, it's all about principled ideas and love of country.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:45 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Tho I don't believe in abortions. I feel if a women has one it's her decision, right or wrong. SHE will have to answer for it at a later
It depends if she regrets it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why is this anyone's business anyhow. What other women do about abortion or having a baby does not impact me in anyways, why should i care. I do not know what the circumstances would be to call for a young girl or women to have an abortion. Easy for most of us to sit in judgement, until you walk in a women's shoe who is contemplating having an abortion. I imagine it is not a easy decision to come to. Now these young teens having abortions left and right, that i do not agree with, they think nothing of having unprotected sex, and having abortion after abortion, that is not the way to solve the problem.

I do know younger women in their twenties, and thirties, who have had abortions. I think it has nothing to do with age, and everything with not being able to handle having a baby, no matter what the age. To bad they won't consider having the baby, and putting it up for adoption, to many really good people out there, who would like to have children but cannot, and many parents who are not parents at all.
I think a lot of people would rather have abortions than put it up for adoption because maybe the girl don't want to go through 9 months of pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies