Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Go hire a lawyer to draw up a contract for those 1400 rights and stay the heck out of our marriages.

Honestly...leave our rights alone. Don't you get it? Keep your lack of morals out of our marriages.
Um, a lawyer cannot demand that the US government grant marriage benefits to same-sex couples.

Your rights are not violated if gay couples wed, nor are heterosexual marriages threatened as they still will occur regardless of what happens with gays. You're not making any sense at all.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
Originally Posted by allenk893
Pedophiles?! People who practice bestiality?!

I'm afraid NAMBLA would disagree with you. The only thing keeping them from acquiring the right to same-sex legal unions, are the age of consent laws, which they are steadily attempting to change, and in this highly sexualized society, where just about anything goes these days, they will more than likely succeed.

http://www.nambla.org/welcome.htm
NAMBLA, really?? This is the best you could come up with?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
NAMBLA, really?? This is the best you could come up with?
Are you kidding? They bring it up constantly. If you're talking to someone who is anti-gay, you're guaranteed to hear about NAMBLA. It's as ridiculous as someone judging all heterosexuals based on men who have sex with little girls.

Maybe Pennsylvania can tell us what NAMBLA has to do with same-sex marriage in New York. If he can't then his post should be reported as off-topic.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could calmly enlighten me on the differences, apart from that pesky consent law thing, which prevents NAMBLA from expressing their right to love.
The "pesky consent law thing" is the difference between a consensual sexual encounter and a very long prison sentence followed by a lifetime of registering as a sex offender. In short, it's a big deal. I'll note your approval of pedophelia, though.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM

204 posts, read 201,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Are you kidding? They bring it up constantly. If you're talking to someone who is anti-gay, you're guaranteed to hear about NAMBLA. It's as ridiculous as someone judging all heterosexuals based on men who have sex with little girls.

Maybe Pennsylvania can tell us what NAMBLA has to do with same-sex marriage in New York. If he can't then his post should be reported as off-topic.
lol, I can think of several reasons why you'd like my posts to be removed or prevented, and none of them have anything to do with being off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
DentalFloss[/b]
Nope. Such relationships do not include consent, which is extremely important.
My post, mentioning NAMBLA was in direct response to the above comment, which stated, (regarding Pedophilia), that such relationships do not include consent. In disagreement with that statement, I responded by saying that NAMBLA would disagree. How does this, in any way, suggest that homosexuals should be judged based on the actions of homosexual pedophiles, ?? I'm afraid I missed the post that attempted to make such a correlation.

I am well aware that not all homosexuals are pedophiles, nor have I, or anyone, implied such, in any post that I've seen in these threads.

I vaguely remember you from an unrelated discussion on providing scientific/psychiatric evidence of innate homosexuality. As I recall, you didn't do so well. Any time you'd like another chance, please let me know, but for now, I trust I've satisfactorily clarified my response.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 06-21-2011 at 08:31 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
lol, I can think of several reasons why you'd like my posts to be removed or prevented, and none of them have anything to do with being off topic.

My post, mentioning NAMBLA was in direct response to the above comment, which stated, (regarding Pedophilia), that such relationships do not include consent. In disagreement with that statement, I responded by saying that NAMBLA would disagree. How does this, in any way, suggest that homosexuals should be judged based on the actions of homosexual pedophiles, ?? I'm afraid I missed the post that attempted to make such a correlation.

I am well aware that not all homosexuals are pedophiles, nor have I, or anyone, implied such, in any post that I've seen in these threads.

I vaguely remember you from an unrelated discussion on providing scientific/psychiatric evidence of innate homosexuality. As I recall, you didn't do very well. Any time you'd like another chance, please let me know, but for now I trust I've satisfactorily clarified my response.
Can you provide any evidence that heterosexuality is innate? As far as I know, sexuality in general has no consensus origin, no matter the type. And I'm not sure how it would matter anyway. Equality protects choices just as much as it does immutable characteristics. Otherwise, religion would not be protected.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea3829 View Post
And JB, what's so bad about marrying goats? Why are you implying that a comparison between homosexuality and goat marrying is so horrible? You're just being close-minded to my desire to have hot hanky panky with a goat. You're a goat bigot. You must hate goats or something.

Seriously, what's wrong with it?
Ok, I will play along with this really silly premise. The goat would not be able to consent to marriage unless goats can now speak and enter into a binding contract. You REALLY want to compare gay marriage with marrying animals? MMMkkkay....

Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 PM

204 posts, read 201,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Can you provide any evidence that heterosexuality is innate? As far as I know, sexuality in general has no consensus origin, no matter the type. And I'm not sure how it would matter anyway. Equality protects choices just as much as it does immutable characteristics. Otherwise, religion would not be protected.
The simple fact that heterosexuals are anatomically designed to reproduce, and the only way to do so, is through male to female copulation, does provide us with what I would consider a pretty convincing clue.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
What is wrong with same sex marriage. I have been married for many years to the same woman. The sex is always the same.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What is wrong with same sex marriage. I have been married for many years to the same woman. The sex is always the same.
Sorry, but that was terrible. And yet I'm laughing. So bad it's good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies