U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,876 posts, read 13,834,770 times
Reputation: 5233

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Right wing thugs get all bent out of shape when a bus driver earns a salary that can support a family in the one of the USA's most expensive cities.

But watch them cry and moan if anybody dares suggest that the tax rates on the ultra rich get raised a few basis points to help pay down the deficit.

They worship corporations and the rich, and hate working class Americans. You see this over and over in their rhetoric.

oh please, if you want to pay down the deficit, then you need to make real cuts in the budget, like 2.9 trillion worth. a couple of billion extra coming from the rich is not going to pay down the deficit like cutting the budget would.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,029 posts, read 7,568,292 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
I just love it when a bunch of grown ups cry and moan about what a working person makes while thieves like the Koch Bros wallow in inherited un-WORKED for moolah and screw the very people that defend them!

Not only that, but when the government gives away corporate SUBSIDIES, these Joe-the-plumber-types think that kind of re-distribution of wealth is just okey dokey!

WoW! Who da thugs again????

Would you say that 49K is reasonable pay for a low skilled PART TIME job?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,029 posts, read 7,568,292 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Especially private insurance companies. If any of those disabled children requires an expensive operation his insurance companies will have lawyers pouring over his application looking for any reason, no matter how trivial, to deny the claim.

Most disabled children are on Medicaide. What else have you got?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,029 posts, read 7,568,292 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
You right wingers with your anti union rhetoric make me think about how one of the things Hitler did was ban all labor unions so he could control the labor force to his whims. Which is what the corporations and business industries would love to have-control over the labor force without having anyone to stand up for tem. All of you anti union spouters are in effect working for the corporations and business industries- you are paving the way for them to have the masses attack the unions for them so they can get rid of all of the benefits, pay scales and other working perks that cost them money. The industries would loveto go back to pre union conditions-we are already seeing so many of these conditions disappearing and all you right wingers just spout your anti union rhetoric. Just wait til your grandchildren are working 60 to 80 hour work weeks with no benefits, they can thank you guys for making the union busting corporations job that much easier.

Please tell us:

Which corporation are these bus drivers working for?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 07:51 AM
 
16,590 posts, read 10,211,556 times
Reputation: 15185
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
You right wingers with your anti union rhetoric make me think about how one of the things Hitler did was ban all labor unions so he could control the labor force to his whims. Which is what the corporations and business industries would love to have-control over the labor force without having anyone to stand up for tem. All of you anti union spouters are in effect working for the corporations and business industries- you are paving the way for them to have the masses attack the unions for them so they can get rid of all of the benefits, pay scales and other working perks that cost them money. The industries would loveto go back to pre union conditions-we are already seeing so many of these conditions disappearing and all you right wingers just spout your anti union rhetoric. Just wait til your grandchildren are working 60 to 80 hour work weeks with no benefits, they can thank you guys for making the union busting corporations job that much easier.
There you go - drag out the Hitler reference. Proof positive that you have no articulate argument.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 AM
 
16,590 posts, read 10,211,556 times
Reputation: 15185
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Without the union, How many would be willing to do the same job for $40,000 a year + the bennies? Or even $30,000, it is part time.

It would not be very hard to save some cities a hell of a lot on their budgets
Considering most of those jobs are low skill, paper pushing, take 8 hours to perform 4 hours of work, with set-in-stone breaks, benefits and 9-5 hours. Yup, I'd take it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 AM
 
4,711 posts, read 11,506,923 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please tell us:

Which corporation are these bus drivers working for?

First Student, part of the British transport firm First Group.

First Student School Bus Transportation Services - Pupil Transportation Company | First Student Inc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Vermont
10,935 posts, read 12,338,296 times
Reputation: 15873
A free person proposing to withhold his labor is a thug?

Interesting contortions these right-wingers get themselves into, aren't they?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Arizona
93 posts, read 66,546 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Would you say that 49K is reasonable pay for a low skilled PART TIME job?
Depends on where and what the job is. Do you know what rents are in California these days?

Do you think the CEO of Wells Fargo pulling down $17.6 million is justified?

How about Lloyd Blankfein overseer of Goldman Sachs, the banking giant with their Wall Street shenanigans, taking home $14.1 million?

Here's a little tidbit on Lloydie:

Blankfein testified before Congress in April 2010 at a hearing of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. He said that Goldman Sachs had no moral or legal obligation to inform its clients it was betting against the products which they were buying from Goldman Sachs because it was not acting in a fiduciary role. - wikipedia

49K? - sheesh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
 
9,734 posts, read 8,685,609 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
I just love it when a bunch of grown ups cry and moan about what a working person makes while thieves like the Koch Bros wallow in inherited un-WORKED for moolah and screw the very people that defend them!

Not only that, but when the government gives away corporate SUBSIDIES, these Joe-the-plumber-types think that kind of re-distribution of wealth is just okey dokey!

WoW! Who da thugs again????


Only a liberal thinks that any wealth created that does not come from a daily job is "unearned". If you discover oil or gold on your land you are not entitled to sell it for a profit I guess.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top