Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So you know the family well then
Yes, Biaz made a point to show that this family keeps secrets and does not discuss anything that is uncomfortable such as Casey's pregnancy. Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Valerie....I agree with you more than disagree. I am merely stating that the jury did its job...they found her not guilty based on the evidence presented. The jury cannot take 2+2 and have it equal 5. Many people are outraged by this verdict BUT the judicial system worked in this case. The police and prosecutor did not have the evidence necessary to persuade 12 people of her guilt. I have said it twice before on this thread and I'll say it again....NOT GUILTY DOES NOT EQUAL INNOCENT. Do I think she did it....probably so! Did the state present enough evidence to convict...nope. I'm glad you carry a gun...in this scary world you would be crazy not too. I also have a carry permit and always have a weapon on my person or vehicle. My wife and daughter have both been taught how to aim and squeeze. I do sympathize with your anger, but it should be directed at the prosecution...not the jury verdict. Oh, BTW...I'm no Democrat
ONe more time, I will make the case this way. We have devolved as a society to the extent that common sense has been replaced are you 100 per cent positively postively positive that the moon is in th esecond quarter? Itr is hard to say, what say we bring in some professional astronomers, maybe some astrologers, maybe some high powered telescopes, some calendars. Well is it a quarter moon or is it one day into a half moon.

You know I don't really know if we can prove it conclusively because the clock is running and well it is just a really close call. Ove trhe centuries if we use the calendar one could say there is standard deviation every so many ears as to whether at this specific point in time, on this specific date whether it is still in quarter moon or has actually crossed over just a fraction into what we commonly refer to as half moon. Not quite quarter, certainly not half but can we still somehow call it quarter if it has move into half stage. This is a very perplexing riddle for the non scientist, non astrologer, non astronomer.

There is only one thing we know for sure. Can you guess what it is. We can be absolutely, positively sure, it is THE [MOD CUT] MOON!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: bypassing the filter

Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM

74 posts, read 78,758 times
Default Make Casey Anthony Pay Her Back Taxes

I just learned from watching Nancy Grace and others that Casey Anthony supposedly owes IRS $68,000.00 in back taxes. Outraged at this I sent the following e-mail to the IRS Commissioner, John Boehner and Eric Cantor demanding she be forced to pay up or face the consequences:

Mr. Douglas H. Shulman
Commissioner
Internal Revenue Service
Washington, D. C.

Re: Casey Anthony
Owing IRS Approximately $68,000.00 in Back Taxes

Dear Mr. Shulman:

I am writing you concerning the matter Casey Anthony allegedly owing IRS some $68,000.00 in back taxes. I am angered to learn that this individual who supposedly murdered her daughter got acquited and not only that but she supposedly owes IRS a huge sum of money. I trust you will vigorously pursue this matter and see to it she pays this sum or suffer the consequences including a huge fine and jail time.

At a time that the government needs to collect every penny it can collect in taxes to reduce the national debt no stone should be left unturned to make tax violaters pay up in full or face the consequences.

I am also writing John Boehner to ask him to have Congress pass a resolution to have you also look into this matter as well with a copy to my Congressman, Eric Cantor.

Sincerely,

My Name

CC: Mr. John Boehner
Mr. Eric Cantor

Maybe those who wish to see her get some sort of justice just might follow my lead.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
I just learned from watching Nancy Grace and others that Casey Anthony supposedly owes IRS $68,000.00 in back taxes. Outraged at this I sent the following e-mail to the IRS Commissioner, John Boehner and Eric Cantor demanding she be forced to pay up or face the consequences:

Mr. Douglas H. Shulman
Commissioner
Internal Revenue Service
Washington, D. C.

Dear Mr. Shulman:

I am writing you concerning the matter Casey Anthony allegedly owing IRS some $68,000.00 in back taxes. I am angered to learn that this individual who supposedly murdered her daughter got acquited and not only that but she supposedly owes IRS a huge sum of money. I trust you will vigorously pursue this matter and see to it she pays this sum or suffer the consequences including a huge fine and jail time.

At a time that the government needs to collect every penny it can collect in taxes to reduce the national debt no stone should be left unturned to make tax violaters pay up in full or face the consequences.

I am also writing John Boehner to ask him to have Congress pass a resolution to have you also look into this matter as well with a copy to my Congressman, Eric Cantor.

Sincerely,

My Name

Mr. Eric Cantor

Maybe those who wish to see her get some sort of justice just might follow my lead.
Find a hobby

Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
From the judge's instructions:

"The defendant exercised a fundamental right by choosing not to be a witness in this case. You must not view this as an admission of guilt or be influenced in any way by her decision. No juror should ever be concerned that the defendant did or did not take the witness stand to give testimony in the case."

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-07/177483200-04090136.pdf (broken link)

You are blaming the jury for following the law as explained in the instructions
Any mother unjustly accused of killing her baby is going to plead her case to the jury, that is a reasonable inference. Just as stricken testimony - it's out there for all to see, and you can't help but acknowledge it.
Anybody committing perjury should be severely punished, I don't give a damn who you are or your reasons for lieing to the court. That cannot be allowed to stand. I want to see charges brought on Cindy. (I know it won't happen, but it should)

Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Where is the outrage about the deaths of these children?

Stories of 98 child deaths in 2009 - latimes.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33405080...-abuse-deaths/

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...ince_2001.html

Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if anything could come out of this fiasco, i wish that there was a law where all the people connected to a case should be COMPELLED to stand in front of the court and be examined and cross-examined.
Did I just hear the Fifth Amendment being flushed?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post

Mr. Douglas H. Shulman
Commissioner
Internal Revenue Service
Washington, D. C.

Dear Mr. Shulman:

Sincerely,

My Name

Mr. Eric Cantor

That's Federal, I'd also like to see Florida be able to recoup some of the money spent on the false missing person investigation, as well as the trial.
I heard that EquiSearch may sue Casey to recoup the money they spent.
All this security for the Anthony's just ticks me off. I assume they gave George his gun back, let him protect his twisted family.
I also hear the neighbors want them gone. They've had enough.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Did I just hear the Fifth Amendment being flushed?
Isn't that what subpoena's are for?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's Federal, I'd also like to see Florida be able to recoup some of the money spent on the false missing person investigation, as well as the trial.
I heard that EquiSearch may sue Casey to recoup the money they spent.
All this security for the Anthony's just ticks me off. I assume they gave George his gun back, let him protect his twisted family.
I also hear the neighbors want them gone. They've had enough.
It won't surprise me to learn that Florida will pay Casey retribution for time spent in jail because she was falsely accused! I'm sure those stupid, ignorant jurors would approve if asked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies