Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
So the cadaver dogs signaling to her car meant nothing then? Also the expert said that hair with banding has been CONSISTENTLY found on deceased bodies. The expert, well he’s been conducting an ongoing study on 600 antemortem hairs collected from live individuals that were stored in various conditions for different time periods. NO POSTMORTEM BANDING OCCURRED even though decomposition did. Is it reasonable then to infer that a hair with banding on it obviously came from the presence of a dead body in her damn trunk
stephm,

you are making really good points but it is useless. those people who don't want to analyze evidence or consider the TOTALITY of the evidence-including the fact that casey wouldn't even testify. the jury just wanted to go home and didn't even take a reasonable amount of time to consider the evidence-considering how much was actually presented and they banged out that quick verdict with acquittals on just about everything but the lying. (so she is lying but not about the murder i guess....)

casey did not want to testify and her weasel lawyer did not want her to testify because it is very likely that she would have been nailed on cross examination and they knew it.

if anything could come out of this fiasco, i wish that there was a law where all the people connected to a case should be COMPELLED to stand in front of the court and be examined and cross-examined.

you'd have a lot more of the truth in the courtroom. it is beyond ridiculous that anybody wouldn't be forced to testify in a murder trial, especially the mother of the murdered child!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wasn't manslaughter one of the lesser charges?
Yes. The judge's instructions clearly specified:

"Murder in the First Degree includes the lesser crimes of Murder in the Second Degree, Manslaughter and Third Degree Felony Murder, all of which are unlawful."

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-07/177483200-04090136.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
stephm,

you are making really good points but it is useless. those people who don't want to analyze evidence or consider the TOTALITY of the evidence-including the fact that casey wouldn't even testify. the jury just wanted to go home and didn't even take a reasonable amount of time to consider the evidence-considering how much was actually presented and they banged out that quick verdict with acquittals on just about everything but the lying. (so she is lying but not about the murder i guess....)

casey did not want to testify and her weasel lawyer did not want her to testify because it is very likely that she would have been decimated on cross examination and they knew it.

if anything could come out of this fiasco, i wish that there was a law where all people connected to a case should be COMPELLED to stand in front of the court and be examined and cross-examined.

you'd have a lot more of the truth in the courtroom.
From the judge's instructions:

"The defendant exercised a fundamental right by choosing not to be a witness in this case. You must not view this as an admission of guilt or be influenced in any way by her decision. No juror should ever be concerned that the defendant did or did not take the witness stand to give testimony in the case."

You are blaming the jury for following the law as explained in the instructions

Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
From the judge's instructions:

"The defendant exercised a fundamental right by choosing not to be a witness in this case. You must not view this as an admission of guilt or be influenced in any way by her decision. No juror should ever be concerned that the defendant did or did not take the witness stand to give testimony in the case."

You are blaming the jury for following the law as explained in the instructions
i am blaming the jury for their lack of consideration of all the facts (as pointed out in the totality of the evidence) - as well as blaming the law for allowing people NOT to testify in a murder trial.

the laws do need to be changed.

dead people should have rights too. after all, they CAN'T be witnesses.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
HORROR!!!!!!!!

"'I had a dream not too long ago that I was pregnant,' wrote Anthony in one of more than 50 letters sent to fellow inmate Robyn Adams, which have been released. 'It was like having Cays all over again,' she wrote, referring to daughter Caylee. 'I've thought about adopting, which even sounds weird to me saying it, but there are so many children that deserve to be loved.'"

Read more: Casey Anthony trial verdict: 'I want to have more children' reveals Anthony | Mail Online

Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM

288 posts, read 168,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascination View Post
Actually, in Florida we use only 6 jurors not counting any alternates.
BTW, I've never watched Nancy Grace. I thought Casey was guilty based on the abundance of circumstantial evidence. Scott Peterson was convicted on less circumstantial evidence than the state had on Casey Anthony.
I was once a juror on a DUI case that didn't involve a death or injury and we deliberated for longer than the Casey Anthony jury did. And this was a Capitol murder case! What a joke
d.p. cases use 12 jurors plus alternates.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM

717 posts, read 899,103 times
That's all y'all got? Where are the torches and pitchforks?

I clearly remember there being much more hate for Michael Vick.

America, you make me sick.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am blaming the jury for their lack of consideration of all the facts (as pointed out in the totality of the evidence) - as well as blaming the law for allowing people NOT to testify in a murder trial.

the laws do need to be changed.

dead people should have rights too. after all, they CAN'T be witnesses.
There is no way the jury gave careful consideration to six weeks of testimony and all the evidence within 10 hours! Disgrace of justice!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
This whole investigation and trial was just another shameful waypoint along the downward trajectory this country has taken. I concur with Mark Furman's comment that the members of this jury didn't show enough common sense to even qualify for a drivers license.

I can only take solace in the fact that this evil little monster isn't an OJ Simpson with tens of millions of dollars and a Brentwood mansion to hide out in. She's an internationally-recognized pariah, and will probably be viciously harassed anywhere and everywhere she goes...which won't include back home to her parents after the cr*p she pulled in the trial. She has to find a way to make a living and a place to live...that's going to be a lot harder than it sounds.

Her attorney tried to chastise the media for character assassination, as if to say that the crazy verdict in this trial somehow undoes what we all came to see of her vile character. They may have spared her from the executioner's needle, but they didn't prevent most of America from seeing what sort of evil lies between her ugly ears.

I don't think she has a long life in front of her. I would not be surprised at all if she makes headlines again someday when she turns up floating in a swamp herself. Nor would that really bother me.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is no way the jury gave careful consideration to six weeks of testimony and all the evidence within 10 hours! Disgrace of justice!
The ignorant fools just wanted to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies