Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,054,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

i swear some people would have to see the actual video of the murder before they could commit to the fact that it was a murder-and,

Or, you know, the prosecution can actually be competent and produce evidence tying the defendant to the murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 06:02 PM

10,037 posts, read 9,525,570 times
Kim Kardashian tweeted she was speechless at the verdict...... So it does seem there is a bright spot in this tragedy.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:03 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,964,306 times
Quote:
the OJ trial, another miscarriage of justice.

i guess OJ is still out there trying to find the real killer. maybe casey can join him and look for her daughter's killer also.

oh, never mind, i forgot.

casey's case was an accidental drowing where they covered the child in duct tape from the home and threw her in the woods, which is what any normal person would do when a child drowns, right? (oh, and then lie about it....)
It's only a "miscarriage" because you don't personally agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

Who murdered the girl? Justice was not served.
Most likely Casey.

However, in the eyes of the law, it was never proven that she did.

9,408 posts, read 11,946,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I saw no difference between this and the O.J. trail. No matter what we believed or heard, we could only rely on the clean evidence provided and hold the burden of proof on the prosecutors.

If the prosecutors don't prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" then the jurors MUST return a not guilty verdict.
Exactly, case closed (pardon the pun). Prosecution must prove their case, and they did not.

Also, I agree with the OP.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:07 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Exactly, case closed (pardon the pun).
The case isn't closed.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:07 PM

628 posts, read 1,317,520 times
Quote:
why don't you try a little common sense in this situation?

the defense said that the baby drowned in the anthony pool. the baby was eventually found (no thanks to the family) covered in duct tape around her little mouth in the woods not far from the house. the body was NOT turned in by a family member.

WHO DOES THAT IN AN ACCIDENT? DUH!

and of course we know that none of this is true from the jailhouse conversations with the parents, so we are starting with a lie. the jury convicts her of lying, but not murder. how nutty is that? why would she lie if she didn't commit the murder-innocent people don't need to lie.

i swear some people would have to see the actual video of the murder before they could commit to the fact that it was a murder-and, even then, there would be someone arguing that the film was doctored.
The defense doesnt have to prove ANYTHING...they can throw out any scenario they desire...they dont have to show evidence of a counter theory. The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt...they didnt do that. Not one witness could be found to testify that Casey ever abused, yelled at, spanked, hit or treated Caylee badly...not one. So...the jury is supposed to make the leap of not a single instance of neglect or abuse to the fact that Casey chloroformed and killed her kid?? Too much reasonable doubt on that fact alone.
Now....she WAS found not guilty....no one implied that she is innocent.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The case isn't closed.
In Casey's case (lolpun) it is.

I'm hoping, albiet not holding my breath, that they find the person who actually did it.

Which, in my mind, is actually Casey.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,337,494 times
Quote:

casey's case was an accidental drowing where they covered the child in duct tape from the home and threw her in the woods, which is what any normal person would do when a child drowns, right? (oh, and then lie about it....)
You forgot the part about her driving around with her dead decomposing daughter in the trunk of her car for several days too. You know, something any normal person would do.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:12 PM

455 posts, read 633,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I largely avoided most of the trial frenzy but from what I saw, I would say it's very despicable. Casey Anthony was effectively being tried in the media as well and it seemed like the media wanted to issue a guilty verdict for her. And what of the people? The people had this very dangerous mindset of guilty before innocent. [MOD CUT]
I agree, with the media frenzy this was pretty close to a witchhunt.At the end of the day I would rather send 10 guilty people home then convict 1 that's innocent.Anyway, on a federal level defendants face a 99% conviction rate, thats the highest in the world and we have 2.5 in prison

YET PEOPLE INSIST WE ARE SOFT ON CRIME, THATS SCARY !!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2011 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies