Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times

Advertisements

Suicide is most often caused by depression from various reason. Often the depressed person is pushed off the edge by drugs or alcohol to actually do it.Always sad when a depressed person committs suicide but it happens all the time.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i'm sure you'd feel the same way if your kid was demonized for believing in god and offed himself
I am surprised at how many people jump to conclusions about people on this forum. I am far from a Bible thumper. I think people who kill themselves are selfish people who care nothing for the people they leave behind.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Just like the family of the woman who leaped from the 26th floor of the building I work in, her family was distraught.

It's still no reason to use this kid as an example to make a point about bullying gay teens.

Kids get bullied for all sorts of reasons and they felt the same sense of hopelessness the gay boy did.

That's life. Some can take the lumps and others look for an easy way out.
The children in this country have been made into complete and utter pansies anymore. Waaaa somebody called me a name. Waaaaa somebody didn't like my outfit. Waaaa somebody bullied me. Then they get sent of to shrinks who fill their heads full of complete and utter BS. They're kids they'll figure it out but no we got the "everybody must be equal" crowd pounding em all over the head. Leave em alone and they'll figure it out themselves. I used to be made fun of all the time for having red hair. Did I go kill myself? Cry to the teachers? Whine about being bullied? No I just handled it on my own accord. All whining and crying gets you is bullied more for being a whiner and crybaby. Thanks libs.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The children in this country have been made into complete and utter pansies anymore. Waaaa somebody called me a name. Waaaaa somebody didn't like my outfit. Waaaa somebody bullied me. Then they get sent of to shrinks who fill their heads full of complete and utter BS. They're kids they'll figure it out but no we got the "everybody must be equal" crowd pounding em all over the head. Leave em alone and they'll figure it out themselves. I used to be made fun of all the time for having red hair. Did I go kill myself? Cry to the teachers? Whine about being bullied? No I just handled it on my own accord. All whining and crying gets you is bullied more for being a whiner and crybaby. Thanks libs.
I was bullied from First thru Sixth grade, I missed over 40 days of school one year (stayed home with stomach aches because I was tormented so much) I turned out ok because I had a parent who actually gave a crap about my treatment and had parent, teacher, principal conferences and involved the parents of the bullies in those meetings.

The bullying eventually got less and less as time went by, by the sixth grade there were only one or two and they eventually went on with their lives and stopped the bullying completely.

Parents need to get involved and not IGNORE the bullying of their child if they truly care for their kids wellbeing.

I can empathize with what the kid endured, but his parents didn't do enough at the school level to intervene.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I was bullied at school. I had my head held under water at a school pool party when I was in the sixth grade. I was terrified at the time but I got over it. I never told any adult, including my parents, about the incident. I never had poor self esteem. I recognized these bullies for what they were...jerks. People really need to develop coping skills.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I was bullied from First thru Sixth grade, I missed over 40 days of school one year (stayed home with stomach aches because I was tormented so much) I turned out ok because I had a parent who actually gave a crap about my treatment and had parent, teacher, principal conferences and involved the parents of the bullies in those meetings.

The bullying eventually got less and less as time went by, by the sixth grade there were only one or two and they eventually went on with their lives and stopped the bullying completely.

Parents need to get involved and not IGNORE the bullying of their child if they truly care for their kids wellbeing.

I can empathize with what the kid endured, but his parents didn't do enough at the school level to intervene.
Bullied how? Beat up every day? That's bullying in my book. Taking your lunch money etc. Not this crap about being called names or whatever. Hell everything is considered bullying nowdays. Its ridiculous. Kids need to learn to stand up for themselves against other kids. Not have some adult step in for every little thing. If it needs to come to blows then so be it. I've had my butt whipped and been on the whippin side too. Part of growing up in my book.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Bullied how? Beat up every day? That's bullying in my book. Taking your lunch money etc. Not this crap about being called names or whatever. Hell everything is considered bullying nowdays. Its ridiculous. Kids need to learn to stand up for themselves against other kids. Not have some adult step in for every little thing. If it needs to come to blows then so be it. I've had my butt whipped and been on the whippin side too. Part of growing up in my book.
Beat up every day, verbally harassed name calling every day, chased home from school every day, socially isolated, had school supplies stolen, books destroyed, kicked punched hair cut spit on, not to mentioned poisoned (kid gave me a drink with a straw filled with gasoline).

Yeah it happened, that's hardcore bullying. I endured it like thousands of others do and it has nothing to do with sexual orientation all the time, sometimes you're the quiet kid they see as weaker, the brainy kid they're jealous of, the cute kid that's awkward, the red head etc.

It's nasty and it starts at home with the bullies. Parents should be more involved.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Guess you should have fought back

Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
She has no children.
The utter lack of empathy is astounding, but I really didnt expect anything more.
Please refrain from bashing me on a public forum. I have empathy where empathy is appropriate. I don't know you and you don't know me kshe95girl. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know personally. That is ignorant.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:10 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I get so sick of the victim mentality. People can be mean. Waaaaaaaaaah! The world cannot be blamed for people who have poor coping skills.
Kid, stop complaining and leave if you have a problem. No one is making you post or read this.

Quote:
Just like the family of the woman who leaped from the 26th floor of the building I work in, her family was distraught.

It's still no reason to use this kid as an example to make a point about bullying gay teens.

Kids get bullied for all sorts of reasons and they felt the same sense of hopelessness the gay boy did.

That's life. Some can take the lumps and others look for an easy way out.
People use situations to make a point all the time. It's very sad that this happened, but it brings up an important point.

Quote:
I'd just tell my kid not to hang around with lefties
The people who wouldn't make fun of them?

Quote:
Complaining about complaining about being an "utter pansy"

Irony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies