Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

Far Right wing and religious zealots in society and our government do NOT demonize redheads, heavy set folks, nerds, kids with glasses, etc.... but they DO DEMONIZE gay people and that's a FACT!.

I have news for you. There are people who do not approve of homosexuality that do not fall into your two categories. Why do you limit your hate to "Far right wing and religious zealots"?

Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Far Right wing and religious zealots in society and our government do NOT demonize redheads, heavy set folks, nerds, kids with glasses, etc.... but they DO DEMONIZE gay people and that's a FACT!.

I have news for you. There are people who do not approve of homosexuality that do not fall into your two categories. Why do you limit your hate to "Far right wing and religious zealots"?
Then they label anyone who doesn't agree with them as "homophobes, far right wing, RELIGIOUS".

Self defeating. Falls on deaf ears when they really need people to understand their position because they alienate those who may empathize.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Good for you, that's your right.

Excuse me, what did I post? Please tell me verbatim.
I read what you posted, but comprehended it to be "IF you are not gay and have not been bullied as a gay minority then you cannot understand and therefore are not qualified to speak on this."

If that was not your intent with what you said, then I apologize.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
To be clear.....I never targeted any poster individually as you have done. You have some gall to suggest that I not post. This is America. I will post as I please. You have the option of placing me on ignore if my posts annoy you. Peace be with you...and reason as well.
Its posts such as yours that help perpetuate bigotry and ignorance, its my right to call those that do things such as this out on it.
Cant take the heat?
Get out of the kitchen.
I can only hope you gain some compassion, because you will have to eventually, whether you like it or not.
I do hope you can do it without too much pain.
As we all know, there is no growth without pain.
Now, are you going to attempt to call me out again and run the risk of hijacking this thread, or will you just let things be?
The choice is yours, make the right one.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
NOONE said it's just a gay thing...HOWEVER that's what the thread is about.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

And yes I do agree kids are over protected and spoiled these days relative to my generation. But that hardly makes it right to further burden kids with anti-gay rhetoric. It is just a way for folks to clear their consciences but they will have to eventually answer for their actions.

What goes around comes around.
Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I read what you posted, but comprehended it to be "IF you are not gay and have not been bullied as a gay minority then you cannot understand and therefore are not qualified to speak on this."

If that was not your intent with what you said, then I apologize.
It's fine, thank you.

I was using that because everyone here assumed to know what it was like to be gay and be bullied. Other posters were comparing being bullied for being gay was the same as other types of bullying. I was hoping (but knew I probably wouldn't get) a minority gay poster who would be willing to share the differences of being bullied because of their sexuality, compared to other things. The honest truth is, unless you are gay, you don't know what it's like (same for everything else in life).

Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
NOONE said it's just a gay thing...HOWEVER that's what the thread is about.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

And yes I do agree kids are over protected and spoiled these days relative to my generation. But that hardly makes it right to further burden kids with anti-gay rhetoric. It is just a way for folks to clear their consciences but they will have to eventually answer for their actions.

What goes around comes around.
Yes you are right in the sense that SOME right wings, and SOME religious people do demonize homosexuals in ways that heavy set folk, nerds, kids with glasses are not.

However blacks are discriminated against, and were oppressed at one point in time. They did not kill themselves over it. I asked people to post evidence about that, and no one has. I do know that black people tend to have the lowest rates of suicide, and yet they were the most oppressed at one point in time.

I know this thread is about homosexuality and how the way homosexuals are treated can lead to this outcome. I think the reason why people have responded the way they have, is because this "outcome" (suicide) is not limited to just homosexuals that have been wronged. Of course I do believe that if homosexuals were not treated the way they are, that maybe this sort of incident could have been prevented(who really know's?). But on the other hand a part of me wonders if this teen and other teens that were homosexual that DID commit suicide, committed suicide not completely because of their sexuality but their mental state was not very well either. It is clear that anyone who commits such an act obviously is very troubled. Could it be that the homosexuals committing suicide are depressed and that is what led to the suicide, moreso than how society treated them? Or are you suggesting that society caused these few teens to be depressed which caused their suicides? If this is the case, then why aren't there other gay teenagers committing suicide? Or other individuals, like blacks for instance that are mistreated or discriminated against-- killing themselves?

Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its posts such as yours that help perpetuate bigotry and ignorance, its my right to call those that do things such as this out on it.
Cant take the heat?
Get out of the kitchen.
I can only hope you gain some compassion, because you will have to eventually, whether you like it or not.
I do hope you can do it without too much pain.
As we all know, there is no growth without pain.
Now, are you going to attempt to call me out again and run the risk of hijacking this thread, or will you just let things be?
The choice is yours, make the right one.
That is utter BS. I have much compassion. As I stated before you have no idea of my character, ethics, or morals. I respectfully request that you cease and desist from "calling me out" on this forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
This poor kid just lite himself on fire trying to reconcile his religious beliefs and his gay orientation.

YouTube - ‪Ex-Gay Therapy Doesn't Work, I Tried It‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM

What is your point? This man was suicidal. How is the world to blame? People have free will.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
That is utter BS. I have much compassion. As I stated before you have no idea of my character, ethics, or morals. I respectfully request that you cease and desist from "calling me out" on this forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sorry, honey, I have just as much right to say what I wish as you do.
Put me on ignore if you dont like it, and stop hijacking this thread, its making you look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies