Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Gee, I wonder why people are always spouting nonsense on message boards, and where they get their "information" from?

REPORT: Opponents Of EPA Climate Action Dominate TV News Airwaves | Media Matters for America
Media Matters found an issue with Fox's coverage? What a surprise that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
us yes the ol' selfish me me me philosophy of the right appears again.
I wonder if you realize how many jobs will be lost if the EPA enacts their gruesome regulatory regime?

Who's selfish again?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Gee, I wonder why people are always spouting nonsense on message boards, and where they get their "information" from?

REPORT: Opponents Of EPA Climate Action Dominate TV News Airwaves | Media Matters for America
Don't you pay any attention to the news? Aren't you concerned about what obama's rogue EPA is doing?

I guess you need MM, the propaganda arm of obama/dems to tell you what to say.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
EPA apologists must be fearful that environmental degradation will harm the money trees from which the filthy rich harvest all their wealth.

Otherwise they would be a lot more concerned about the impoverishment of the whole society, top to bottom, by the foolish quest to eliminate industrial pollution by eliminating industry.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
[quote=marcopolo;19975718]EPA apologists must be fearful that environmental degradation will harm the money trees from which the filthy rich harvest all their wealth.

Otherwise they would be a lot more concerned about the impoverishment of the whole society, top to bottom, by the foolish quest to eliminate industrial pollution by eliminating industry.[/quote]

Have all conservatives turned into 4 year olds? Keeping pollution under control is killing industry? Since when? Germany is much cleaner than the US, and their manufacturing sector is kicking our ass.

The hyperbole and whining. My god, it is endless. We are getting our arses kicked, because we whine when we should be creating real innovations. Pollution is a global problem and kids are being born with extra fingers all the time. Ever heard of Union Carbide, children of thalidimide? The Cuyahoga River burning? We have fought these battles before, and instead of reentering the 19th century, how about if we led the world in improving the environment. We have the brains to do it, but it would take courage and balzzz.

I have yet to see one new, positive idea on this stuff from the Tea Partiers, or Rush Limbaugh, or Glen Beck, or Palin, or Hannity, or Ryan. It all boils down the whining, usually with a bit of flag waving and saber rattling for theater.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
us yes the ol' selfish me me me philosophy of the right appears again.
The next time that you have nothing constructive say, then don't bother to post more nonsense

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
This thread was started with so much fail. I bet the OP missed this article.
The FCC? Really? FCC regulation reform is going to fix all our economic woes, and be a counter weight to 0bama's $1.6 trillion in deficit spending for 2011?

Such failures, 0bamaCare would be the first to go. Businesses are begging to get waivers from 0bama's destructive, tax ridden legislation, and yet here is 0bama, acting like a spectator in all this.

I just started a thread illustrating how new regulations by 0bama's administration will cause the nation's energy costs to "necessarily skyrocket" during this depression era economy, and you buy into these rhetorical statements by 0bama. Look at what 0bama is doing, and ignore what he is saying, because what he says is completely contrary to what he is doing.

0bama is that swindler, who lulls the elderly widow to trust him to safeguard her life savings, while he steals it all; and as the thief walks out the door, the poor widow says "what a nice man".

Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Have all conservatives turned into 4 year olds? Keeping pollution under control is killing industry? Since when?
The EPA is an unelected body, we don't allow other agencies to set policy, what makes them any different? Most of this debate is about them wanting to set CO2 regulations which is not a pollutant. There is no way for industry to address this other than simply not make stuff. Sound like some job killing regualtion now?

Now if you want an example of some of the ridiculousness coming out of that agency you can take what they did to Texas oil refineries. Texas had a flexible plan for the refiners in how they eliminated pollution, under Texas law they took a common sense approach and allowed them to concentrate on eliminating pollution from where it was most practical and economical. Emissions caps would be applied plant wide, if we have two processes that create a equal amount of pollution that needs to be reduced 20% they were allowed to reduce it 40% from just one process. That was not good enough for the EPA and they forced them to apply the caps to each and every process.

The bottom line is there is no more or less pollution either way you do it, the EPA's way is just far more expensive. This is the kind of BS that needs to stop.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I have yet to see one new, positive idea on this stuff from the Tea Partiers, or Rush Limbaugh, or Glen Beck, or Palin, or Hannity, or Ryan. It all boils down the whining, usually with a bit of flag waving and saber rattling for theater.
Ryan just came out with a very detailed plan to control the debt and reform Medicare. What is the democratic party's plan, but to do nothing. The democrats plan is to raise taxes, and raise taxes some more, then sit back and watch Medicare collapse, and watch our debt soar to $30 trillion and ride our economy over the cliff.

Weren't the democrats screaming that Bush was spending like a drunken sailor, when he ran a $300 billion deficit? Why can't they at least get back to those days? Now that 0bama is spending $1.6 trillion in deficits, the democrats can't bring themselves to cut it in half, much less cut 0bama's spending down to the drunken sailor level.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM

just saw this: Georgia Power says it will close 3 power-plant units *| ajc.com

Georgia Power wants to shut down three power plant units within the next two years, an official from its parent, Southern Co., said Monday.

The utility intends to close one unit at Plant Branch in Milledgeville by October 2013 and another one by December. Jeff Burleson, a vice president with Southern, told the AJC the company also wants to shutter an additional unit but would not specify what type of fuel. He also would not name the power plant that would be impacted.

The decision to shutter the coal-fired units is based on the pending Environmental Protection Agency rules that would require the utility to install equipment to meet stricter environmental controls, the company has said. It would be too costly to upgrade the Plant Branch units, which started operating in 1965 and 1967.

Everyone who works at these plants - out of work

Everyone whose business supports the operations of these plants - will suffer huge losses in profits, or go out of business.

Everyone who gets there electricity from these plants - will see their electric bills go up.

Wow, this guy 0bama is an economic wizard and one hell of a jobs creator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies