Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Reconmark, we'er morons now! LOL
Nah, not now. Always have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I will say, from my personal experience, living in a rural environment that there are *some* people out there who are well schooled in survival skills. They can hunt, they can build a impromptu shelter, they can forage for food, etc.

But the idea that every "country" person is somehow smarter in these skills than an urban dweller is a fallacy. Overwhelmingly, the low-class, "redneck" people I know, or know of could not find their butts with both hands and a road map.

I will grant you, however that in the event of SHTF scenario, the rural people will have an advantage with regard to resources and lack of criminal element that will be prevalent in urban environments. I think evidence of what humanity is capable of becoming was very obvious during the Katrina situation.

Population density is a real killer.

20yrsinBranson

Insightfully said.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Seen that show and the hippy has never made fire yet.....

You let me know when you need a fire I run the drill wicked good.

Most of that 120 seconds is resting. I get real intense in the labor and then rest after I have made my coal.

That's first fire, after that any fool can make a 2nd fire.

With the first fire I can make char if I run out of touch wood, and use my loaded flintlock, with out shooting it, for another fire. The loaded part is because the flinter is only a good lighter not loaded.

You any good at stone points?
Then you most be out in the outhouse using the bucket when the hippy does!!

I just saw it last week when they washed up on the beach and the "hippy" had to start the fire after the country bumpkin kept breaking sticks he was furiously rubbing together.

The "hippy" also had to make a distiller to make freash water from the salt water.

Call me, I'll save you for free the first time..

Old 07-16-2011, 02:44 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Reconmark, we'er morons now! LOL
Yep sure are!!!... "we're" being misspelled doesn't change the fact.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Yep sure are!!!... "we're" being misspelled doesn't change the fact.

Hey, cut the guy a break. He's too busy counting his guns to waste his time with "liberal" pursuits like education.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Then you most be out in the outhouse using the bucket when the hippy does!!

I just saw it last week when they washed up on the beach and the "hippy" had to start the fire after the country bumpkin kept breaking sticks he was furiously rubbing together.

The "hippy" also had to make a distiller to make freash water from the salt water.

Call me, I'll save you for free the first time..
That might be, or weeding winters foods, now growing in the garden. The most recent show I saw, was shot in Maine. They both were signaling a freighter off shore

Save your time for someone who needs it. Fire is 101 is a done deal. I don't need a thing store bought, or made by another man's hands to have fire. I am curious about your methods and tooling however.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Hey, cut the guy a break. He's too busy counting his guns to waste his time with "liberal" pursuits like education.
Did I do something to you along in the past? Why all the hate?
Do you really fear flintlock guns? To me a good flintlock is a swiss army knife of the gun tools.

Education is what you make of it. I avoid most of silly modern mans ways, and not afraid to say it.

Living off the land takes an education you won't get in books, and be able to use on the day you are hungery.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Did I do something to you along in the past? Why all the hate?
Do you really fear flintlock guns? To me a good flintlock is a swiss army knife of the gun tools.

Education is what you make of it. I avoid most of silly modern mans ways, and not afraid to say it.

Living off the land takes an education you won't get in books, and be able to use on the day you are hungery.
No, I have no fear of guns. I had my sharpshooter rating by the age of 10.

And I agree with all your other points.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
No, I have no fear of guns. I had my sharpshooter rating by the age of 10.

And I agree with all your other points.
You called me a moron twice, but now you agree with me?

Yeah I was a NRA Sharp Shooter by age 6, and still have the cards

My Father gave me a .22 bolt gun on my 6th birthday to do with as I pleased. That was back in 57.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
You called me a moron twice, but now you agree with me?

Yeah I was a NRA Sharp Shooter by age 6, and still have the cards

My Father gave me a .22 bolt gun on my 6th birthday to do with as I pleased. That was back in 57.
Oooh...your penis is bigger than mine....

Get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies