Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Wynn Resorts CEO Steve Wynn came out and called a spade a spade!

[LEFT]
Read more: Wynn CEO Goes On Epic Anti-Obama Rant On Company Conference Call
[/LEFT]

"I'm afraid to do anything in the current political environment...."

"....on this debt ceiling issue.And what I consider to be a total lack of leadership from the President and nothing's going to get fixed until the President himself steps up and wrangles both parties in Congress..."

"And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime
. And I can prove it...."

"....all of us in this market place that are frightened to death about all the new regulations, our healthcare costs escalate, regulations coming from left and right..."

".....my customers and the companies that provide the vitality for the hospitality and restaurant industry, in the United States of America, they are frightened of this administration..."

" ...it's Obama that's responsible for this fear in America."

"....Everybody's afraid of the government and there's no need soft peddling it, it's the truth. It is the truth...."[LEFT]
Read more: Wynn CEO Goes On Epic Anti-Obama Rant On Company Conference Call

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
So, some corporate tool shoots off at the mouth, and it is worthy of discussion?

I could go on a three hour rant about how Bush was terrible for the country too, but what would it prove? The guy is a partisan blowhard?

Would you want to have to sit through your boss doing that on a conference call? Sounds totally unprofessional to me. Why am I not surprised?

Next topic?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:38 AM

300 posts, read 250,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
So, some corporate tool shoots off at the mouth, and it is worthy of discussion?

I could go on a three hour rant about how Bush was terrible for the country too, but what would it prove? The guy is a partisan blowhard?

Would you want to have to sit through your boss doing that on a conference call? Sounds totally unprofessional to me. Why am I not surprised?

Next topic?
Wynn is hardly just some "corporate tool".

Las Vegas wouldn't exist as we know it today without Steve Wynn. The man has brought countless jobs and billions of dollars to the economy.

What have you done?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Wynn is hardly just some "corporate tool".

Las Vegas wouldn't exist as we know it today without Steve Wynn. The man has brought countless jobs and billions of dollars to the economy.

What have you done?
The fact he's been able to build the monuments to excess that he has would seem to indicate he hasn't exactly been struggling to pay exorbitant corporate taxes on his profits. Most of corporate America would cry "I'm hungry!" while holding a loaf of bread in each hand.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The fact he's been able to build the monuments to excess that he has would seem to indicate he hasn't exactly been struggling to pay exorbitant corporate taxes on his profits. Most of corporate America would cry "I'm hungry!" while holding a loaf of bread in each hand.
We keep getting told that businesses are not afraid of the left...and that obama is trying to encourage growth. Then when a CEO does confirm the idea that liberals are bad for business, you guys just shut him down and call him a partisan hack.

Is it any wonder they don't like libs?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM

300 posts, read 250,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Corporations exist for one sole purpose: Profit.

They have no obligation to pay unnecessary taxes, nor should they.

I applaud the efforts of every individual and every business for finding ways around this unconstitutional tax code that is in place today.

Money is better spent in the hands of the market, and not the government. Starving the beast is a great first step in getting rid of the criminal cartel that currently inhabits Washington DC.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Next topic?
It shows what EMPLOYERS think of the current administration! What CEOs think (and not all CEOS of all industries are on the receiving end of the largesse of the Federal Reserve) have a HUGE BEARING on the unemployment rate and jobs creation..but maybe that isn't important to you???????

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,918 times
I think these forums are starting to all look similar; we create topics attacking left or right and don't look at the big picture. All politicians - regardless of party affiliation - has misguided the American public. The political structure in America is antiquated. So, we - including Steve Wynn - can go on rants all day, but when the sun sets, Mr. Wynn is chilling; whereas, the people in the other bracket (my bracket) are the ones that have to worry about jobs, food, mortgages, savings, retirement money, etc.

Although Mr. Wynn may be "recession/depression proof", he may have a genuine care for others and want to see everyone employed and able to feed their families and that is great. But, I think we need to stop pointing fingers at this one or that one and lump all of these idiots in one basket for their lack of collaboration just because of their own, political agenda. We also need to focus on revamping this antiquated political structure. Let's call for a popular vote system as opposed to this electoral voting one so that it now forces politicians to worry about every state's concern and not just the "swing" states. Let's revisit how politicians are elected and how we can better terminate their services for incompetence. Let's refocus our energy on pointing the finger at all of them as opposed to taking a "crips and bloods" mentality and looking at it from a Republican versus Democrat perspective.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We keep getting told that businesses are not afraid of the left...and that obama is trying to encourage growth. Then when a CEO does confirm the idea that liberals are bad for business, you guys just shut him down and call him a partisan hack.

Is it any wonder they don't like libs?
No, the wonder is conservatives being so willing to kiss the collective A$$ of corporate America, wallowing in its profits while still not hiring in America, while the GOP continues to tell the average American to go pound salt.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Corporations exist for one sole purpose: Profit.

They have no obligation to pay unnecessary taxes, nor should they.

I applaud the efforts of every individual and every business for finding ways around this unconstitutional tax code that is in place today.

Money is better spent in the hands of the market, and not the government. Starving the beast is a great first step in getting rid of the criminal cartel that currently inhabits Washington DC.
I agree, which means the BS that lowering corporate taxes will create jobs for Americans is just that.................................BS! If the bottom line is better with off shored jobs, profit takes precedence.

Thank you for confirming my point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies