Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm sorry you have to go through all that and have managed it.

I had a cancer diagosis about 15 years ago and I was glad for my health insurance at that time, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to pay my bills.
Sorry if i seem grumpy gout hurts like hell...my wife too ovarine cancer shes o.k. we did have great HC at one time...United HC company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
maybe my crap is choking the recovery? maybe we need bigger pipes?

installing bigger sewage pipes would also create jobs; i'm just a job creating machine.
Yeah try getting a grant like my hometown is trying to do to update and i thought that trillion dollar stimulus was going to do that very thing .....more jibberish lollollol. It would take a culvert for all the sewage you spew foo

Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyadra View Post
Excuse me. Did GE pay 0 Taxes last year? They have seen better than expected profits for 3 straight years. How many jobs did this company create?

The cut their workforce by 5.5%.

As a GE plant operator said, "Why should I hire anyone? I am getting triple the productivity out of half the workers. My average worker works a 70 hour work week."

Creating jobs isn't about taxes. Its about squeezing every once you can out of the workers you have, because companies know that with the death of unions they won't complain, they can't go out on strike and they simply can't quit.

Its the American Dream...
I do believe NOBODY can be forced to work overtime.

I'll bet if you ask the overtime workers if they would rather hire new people of work overtime, the vast majority would choose overtime.

It is more productive to have experience workers working overtime, then it is to hire and train new employees. And many employees like the overtime money.

I believe many of GE's workers are unionized;

"The IUE-CWA represents about 7,900 GE employees and its labor agreement covers numerous GE locations including Louisville, Ky. (GE Appliances); Lynn, Mass. (GE Aviation); and Schenectady, N.Y. (GE Energy). The UE represents about 3,100 employees and its labor agreement includes Erie, PA (GE Transportation) and Fort Edward, NY (GE Energy) and others."

GE Union Members Vote 'Yes' on New Four-Year Contracts - MarketWatch

Old 07-23-2011, 03:30 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
No i don't have HC i pay as i go out of pocket.I have alot of conditions and uninsurable can you imagine my premiums.I couldn't afford COBRA let alone be force to find a company that would cover me and my wife she too has conditions smokes snores and pleasantly plump.LUCK try a thorasic discoscomy with a spinal fusion plate and screws a pernament spinal injury bone and disc diease arthritis carpal tunnel diabetes lumbar stenosis.The government has turned me down for my pernament disability SS amendment because i'am not blind in one eye or do not walk with a cane it would easier for me to go buy a number 2 pencil and poke out an eye I BUSTED MY ASS REHABING LOST 40 POUNDS WALK 2 OR 3 MILES A DAY EXERCISE TO BEAT THE WHEEL CHAIR I WAS TO BE IN. LAWYERS ARRRGGG Oh i forgot suffering from a case of gout now in my left big toe all swollen and purple can't walk it hurts so bad i don't even feel my other aches and pain.
I thought you worked for the railroad? Why would you apply for SSI benefits when you are under the railroad retirement system? You said you receive a RR check.Is that a disability check?If so you should still be insured while being disabled.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I thought you worked for the railroad? Why would you apply for SSI benefits when you are under the railroad retirement system? You said you receive a RR check.Is that a disability check?If so you should still be insured while being disabled.
You said that your employed by the railroad too and when you retire its Medicare thru a Social Security Amendment.I said nothing about SSI i receive an annuity at a 85% rate because i was short my 30 years of service [30 years service 60 years of age requirement] its paid by the U.S Treasury but its the Railroad Retirement Board.I only paid into SS when i was younger at another job before i went to work for the NORFOLK AND WESTERN now NORFOLKSOUTHERN CORP as an extra laborer.A little advice if you get hurt and its career ending your disability insurance [ours was thru Provident Ins. Co] it will run out in a year it paid the bulk of my bills of course you know RR unemployment doesn't pay much $150.00 a week taxed.The railroad will try to starve you out to settle a injury claim apply for your retirement as soon as you can from your local RRB office it just took 4 months for me to be approved the claim agent too say the least wasn't happy.I used a FELA lawyer that was a big mistake hire a big firm that handles disability cases. I will have to get a lawyer again to get my Medicare its been close to 8 years now i know i should of appealed but the process with lawyers and all left a bad taste in my mouth.I did get a settlement which i invested thats what we live off of plus my annuity.

Last edited by Dumbdowndemocrats; 07-23-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies