Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And look at how the Hindus are with Muslims. Not everyone loves them and wants to be taken over by them. The Muslims are not coming over to other countries with any intention of assimilating. They do not like the way Europeans live, all those homosexual rights, all those "progressive" ways the Europeans have.
You're stereotyping again, it does not matter what the most radical Muslims want, they are only a tiny percentage of Muslims in Europe, the vast majority who want to live in peace with those different than them. It's like saying all Americans are in line with the Tea Party, and I can personally assure you that this is not true. I would rather have a devout Muslim as a neighbor than I would someone in the Tea Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 03:29 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem I see is that these Muslims moving in to take over other countries can cling to their culture and nationalism but the peoples' whose countries are being taken over aren't supposed to want to hold onto their cultures.

It kind of pushes them into a corner. They're being told to submit to Islam or else.
The Turks have been here (Germany) for the last 50 years and I don't wear a burka (as actually most turkish girls don't either).

Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM

20,839 posts, read 17,154,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't think this guy is crazy at all. His actions are in line with his writings.
A fixed false belief defines insanity. Even when the guy's writing is consistent. He is still insane.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Hasdrubal muslim Terrorism is more wide spread, it is constant in Pakistan.
in the west there was 1993 WTC bombing, ATL olympics bombing, 9-11, 7/7 london, Madrid Bombings, ect. While the only terror attacts by radicals were the OKC bombings and This attack, totaling about 220 people
Muslim terrorism totals about 3,225 in the west ( not counting russian attacks there are too many)
Never heard of ETA?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,231,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
A fixed false belief defines insanity. Even when the guy's writing is consistent. He is still insane.
He is more likely a sociopath, not psychotic.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 PM

96 posts, read 134,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Probably nothing could have "prevented" it and I didn't imply that it could have been prevented. However, a few security guards with two-way radios sounds reasonable to me? (From what I've read, the kids were pretty much on their own.) Was there a plan in place to deal with emergencies? If a kid falls from a tree and is gravely injured, would it have taken 3 hours to get him to an emergency care center? Contingency plans for unforeseen emergencies are not unreasonable.

How did he get on the island in the first place?
He took the ferry. Remember he was dressed as police. He gathered people , telling them he had information about the bombings in Oslo and that he was there for security reasons.

There was a security guard present. He was one of the first to be killed. There were also several adults present. The camp is for teenagers and young adults.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,231,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla View Post
He took the ferry. Remember he was dressed as police. He gathered people , telling them he had information about the bombings in Oslo and that he was there for security reasons.

There was a security guard present. He was one of the first to be killed. There were also several adults present. The camp is for teenagers and young adults.
Thanks. I knew he was dressed as a policeman but did not know what his opening statements to the children had been.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Which countries have Muslims moved into and taken over, in recent times, particularly any first-world countries?

In which of them have the inhabitants been told by Muslim immigrants to submit to Islam or else?
Pakistan which they then took from India. The Sudan, Nigeria, many parts of Africa, Indonesia. I really don't think you would need to research for very long the extremely rapid growth of Islam, in part because of their extremely high birth rates and need to expand out to other regions.

Europe has a problem because the Europeans tend to limit family size and so have good economies but that invites Islam which only promotes it's followers to have more kids than they can support to move in.

But it's not just Europe, I don't know why Europe matters more than the misery being caused in Africa.

Islam means Submission.

Sudan, Genocide and Slavery

Civilians, mostly women and children, with their husbands slain have little ability to resist and are being sold into slavery to the northern Sudan Muslims and the eastern emirates. Most civilized nations have turned a deaf ear to this great holocaust now going on.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,456,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijououx View Post
I think he is an extremist but honestly as much as I hate his actions and will never condonne them, something like what he did will happen in this country pretty soon and in part is due to the violence the muslims have been acting on for years. This country's inability to deal with that is a ticking bomb and will provoke people like that guy.

This country is doomed.
I think the level of anti-immigration fever is more pronounced and hidden in Europe than the USA. The USA is a settler nation unlike Europe so here it is hard for one group to claim legitimate dominion over the land. Maybe the Native Americans but they've been thinned out, bred out and pacified.

Also the big difference as I see is between the two is that anti-immigrant viewpoints are allowed and in fact have found success in America. In Europe, many countries the far-right is banned outright, Mein Kampf forbidden, and anytime they express an opinion in the mainstream against multiculturalism and immigration they are denounced as bigots. So they don't feel that their concerns are getting adequate vexing from the powers that be. They are pushed underground and seething.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first in a wave of attacks. Europe maybe facing a bloody mess in the coming years from two passionate forces.

Analysis: Norway massacre exposes incendiary immigration issue | Reuters

Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,456,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
He is more likely a sociopath, not psychotic.
Probably not. He wants an open hearing which according to Norway law he is entitled to have. All his actions have been gearing up for his big moment. Norway would be wise to close the hearing regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies