Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Holy hell you dont even live in any kind of a real world. Get a clue. I know of no places like that on the east coast. You must be in the lights out part of the us.

Night Satellite Photos | Earth, U.S., Europe, World | Geology.com
Did you by chance read the notes for the linked pic you provided?

Quote:
It is a better map for showing the geography of night time electricity consumption for outdoor lighting than it is for showing the geography of population. For example: the eastern United States is very bright but the more densely populated areas of China and India are not nearly as bright in this image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
A family member of mine has been working a tea party job for about a month. 10.00 an hour no benefits and the other day he asked about the vacation policy. The sup laughed and said what vacation. Oh well I guess he should be glad. He doesn't vote and could care less about politics. Is this really they best we can do?

Why is it a tea party job? Because this is the vision that the tea party has for the workers of America. A Sukey job with no benefits and no chance to enjoy life. For the tea party this is great because at least the owner gets more and more and more money. Plus the owner and his family get vacation and time with each other. The non voting working class and the workers who vote for republicans are fools. They are nothing but wage slaves for the tea party elite.
Okay, but there's nothing else you can plunder for your perceived deserved lifestyle.

And it's not like if there was you'd have the money to do it.

And your president is going to send someone to Mars.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Holy hell you dont even live in any kind of a real world. Get a clue. I know of no places like that on the east coast. You must be in the lights out part of the us.

You prove your ignorance in every post that you make. Your attitude has been noted, the response of a true elitist liberal. The sad part is, you will be one of the slaves when the government demands more and more taxes to fund more of it's ridiculous overseas expeditions for resources. Keep voting your straight Democrat ticket....or maybe you prefer something farther to the left. TRUE fiscal conservatives are the only hope this country has, and I'm not talking about the Hannity or Limbaugh style conservatives (what a joke). Whatever knowledge you think you have of how the world works should be discarded and replaced with the obvious facts built on a solid base of common sense.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:

I am 35 miles from the nearest town.

The area still looks bright at night.

Everyone has yard lights.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
A family member of mine has been working a tea party job for about a month. 10.00 an hour no benefits and the other day he asked about the vacation policy. The sup laughed and said what vacation. Oh well I guess he should be glad. He doesn't vote and could care less about politics. Is this really they best we can do?

Why is it a tea party job? Because this is the vision that the tea party has for the workers of America. A Sukey job with no benefits and no chance to enjoy life. For the tea party this is great because at least the owner gets more and more and more money. Plus the owner and his family get vacation and time with each other. The non voting working class and the workers who vote for republicans are fools. They are nothing but wage slaves for the tea party elite.
tissue, lots of tissue and more tissue, boxes and boxes of tissue. you will need next year when our tea party puts more people in congress to end the ridiculous amount of money been spent by the idiot in the White House

Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Do you have employees?
Yes.

Quote:
I think the small business back bone thing cant be true. I know of many big corporations that employ people but I cant think of one person who works for a small business owner.
Are you nuts? Do you ever leave your house? Are you trying to tell me that the ONLY businesses in your city are Wal*Mart & Home Depot?

Got a Starbucks? You know that's a franchise, right? (That means it's a small, privately owned business, in case you weren't aware). What about all the fast food places? The McDonald's corporation doesn't hire the employees that work in the restaurants, you know.

How about dry cleaners, nail salons, gas stations, convenience stores, auto shops, pet stores, flower shops, doctors, insurance companies, bars, restaurants, lawyers, thrift stores, construction contractors, shoe stores, tire shops, car washes, liquor stores, donut shops, newspapers, jewelry stores, hotels or clothing stores? Got any of those around? I didn't even get into the thousands of types of businesses that could exist in your area without a retail storefront...

Unless you have a VERY small circle of friends (like only one or two), I'm going to have to call BS on the statement of yours in bold above. It's either that or you just don't know what a small business actually is.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:

so let's see

your 'family member' ACCEPTS a job with no benefits..does not NEGOTIATE for what he BELIEVES his SERVICE IS WORTH..and you blame the teaparty

it was his OWN STUPIDITY

its just like pensions..liberals want to balme the corporations..tey it was the LIBERAL YUPPIES of the 80's that killed the pensions..why because they did not want to be HELD DOWN with a pension..they want to be upwardly MOBILE (hense the 401k in place of the pension)

the reason the middleclass is dying is because of GLOBALIST LIBERAL POLICIES

Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 AM

709 posts, read 656,397 times
Quote:

You want a better job? Acquire skills, education, or both to make you more valuable to your employer.

If you have a job that requires no specialized knowledge or skills, why do you expect to make a lot of money? Why would you expect that?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
You want a better job? Acquire skills, education, or both to make you more valuable to your employer.

If you have a job that requires no specialized knowledge or skills, why do you expect to make a lot of money? Why would you expect that?
The Left mentality. It's only fair....need all to be equal, regardless of skill, work ethic, education, choices.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Yeah, I have been watching this thread since the OP posted.

I can think of only two reasons the OP started it.

1. They were ignorant and attempted to espouse their belief based on their ignorance and eventually removed themselves from the thread because the evidence contrary to their position was substantial.

2. They are pushing propaganda and played along until the details of the discussion were too strong to fallaciously deviate and so moved on waiting for a period of time to start it again or pursue another propaganda topic.

enemy country, you have been noted and your future posts will be treated at least by me as nothing more than propaganda garbage. You either argue your case to the resolution, or you concede, or disagree, but this trolling behavior is what makes me suspect you are nothing more than attempting to incite chaos among people. That makes you an enemy of not only those you argue against, but those you argue for. Society has no need for your unproductive garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies