Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Regardless this is the reality. The tea party wants to keep the very policies that create this,those policies having been created by the GOP.
It is also the reality that the policies in place by the Dems are keeping people from hiring at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Okay, we get it. You want an easy job with high pay. Newsflash: We all would.
Its not my job. I just wish the attitude was more worker friendly. Not the someone will work our SH*&&%^ job because they have to or they will starve. The peasants had to do all kinds of awful things so they wouldnt be kicked off the land and made to starve. They had no chance of ever getting a better life. Is this what we want in this Country? That is what the tea party wants.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pragma View Post
Very comforting on your part.
It should be. There are way too many dumb assed people in this country that buy all the propaganda then spread it around like it is true.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
A family member of mine has been working a tea party job for about a month. 10.00 an hour no benefits and the other day he asked about the vacation policy. The sup laughed and said what vacation. Oh well I guess he should be glad. He doesn't vote and could care less about politics. Is this really they best we can do?
If your family member is only worth $10, then what's the problem? If he or she is worth more, they should look for a new job.

Maybe you don't understand market forces.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Its not my job. I just wish the attitude was more worker friendly. Not the someone will work our SH*&&%^ job because they have to or they will starve. The peasants had to do all kinds of awful things so they wouldnt be kicked off the land and made to starve. They had no chance of ever getting a better life. Is this what we want in this Country? That is what the tea party wants.
You just want a complete free ride stuffed with widescreen tv's and ipads.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
T....Do we want this to be the norm for the working class? I don't,but the tea party does. .......

And where did you get this nugget of wisdom?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You just want a complete free ride stuffed with widescreen tv's and ipads.
I already have all that but thanks anyway. No free ride just a better quality of life for all. But hey at least the tea party is happy.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Regardless this is the reality. The tea party wants to keep the very policies that create this,those policies having been created by the GOP.

For example ????

Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Do you have a link???

I would love to have this information FROM the Tea Party.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Why is it a tea party job? Because this is the vision that the tea party has for the workers of America. A Sukey job with no benefits and no chance to enjoy life. For the tea party this is great because at least the owner gets more and more and more money. Plus the owner and his family get vacation and time with each other.
I *AM* the owner of the business. I work 12-14 hours per day, Monday through Friday, and usually put in 4-8 hours on Saturday or Sunday. I get ZERO days off - even if I'm sick - and the only vacation time I get is the occasional national holiday. Even on those days, though, I still have to be available, and my customers are often still calling.

What's YOUR schedule like, ec? I'd bet anything that you've got it much better than I do when it comes to free time, sick days, vacation time, etc.

Why do I do this? Because I want to be in control of my own fate. I don't want to wonder what will happen if my employer decides that there's got to be a round of layoffs. Everybody else has the same option - but not many have the balls to take the necessary risks.

You have NO idea how difficult it is to run a business, how much time is put in to do it, or how much of a financial struggle it can be, especially in an economy such as the one we're currently in. You're talking out of your rear end, spouting the same class warfare garbage that we've been hearing from the President and the extremist left for years.

Here's a novel idea, ec. Before you go off on the next tirade scripted by the President's talking point writers, why don't you start a business of your own, and run it for a year or two? If you knew the level of dedication that it actually takes to run and grow a business, you might have a different take on the whole thing.

Or you could continue letting other people do your thinking for you. That's always an option, I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies