Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times

Advertisements

Please don't fu&^ with Sesame Street..it's the only honest thing we have left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Campy joke taken too far for people to realize it's a campy joke.
Well, conservatives aren't exactly known for their sharp sense of humor. Must hurt to be so uptight, that a fake petition about two puppets marrying gets your panties in a wad - ouch!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, conservatives aren't exactly known for their sharp sense of humor. Must hurt to be so uptight, that a fake petition about two puppets marrying gets your panties in a wad - ouch!
do you have a link saying it's a fake petition ?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 PM

988 posts, read 1,204,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I know I'm getting old, but what the hell is a ZJ?
Watch the movie "Beer Fest".

Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's clearly a joke, and I don't care enough to go searching for links - especially when I'm posting from an iPhone on my lunch break. Tell ya what, if Sesame Street goes through with a gay puppet wedding, I'll send you a homemade cookie.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Simple solution to your problem. Don't let your kids watch it if you disagree with the message.

I don't. And for the same reasons she didn't watch "Dora", nor "Teletubbies". The TV is not a babysitter, nor should it be the place where our children learn what are acceptable values.

"Glee" is also off the list.

(Hmmm... I just can't imagine Bert buggering Ernie while Cookie Monster watches...) Sesame Street was always a little too 'urban' for my taste anyhow.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:34 PM

FYI: Petitions circulate (especially online) ALL the time, about all sorts of random topics... and 99% of the time they go nowhere. Remember that anti-circumcision petition you all were up in arms about earlier this year? I live in the Bay Area, and tried to tell you they try this almost annually - and as I predicted, it was promptly dropped once the petitions reached our courthouse. A bunch of hoopla about nothing, as I imagine Bert & Ernie's wedding will be too. But keep acting hysterical, if that helps you sleep better at night!

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-11-2011 at 03:43 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I don't. And for the same reaons she didn't watch "Dora", nor "Teletubbies". The TV is not a babysitter, nor should it be the place where our children learn what are acceptable values.

"Glee" is also off the list.

(Hmmm... I just can't imagine Bert buggering Ernie while Cookie Monster watches...) Sesame Street was always a little too 'urban' for my taste anyhow.
LOL... I guess this is how RWNJs are bred and raised, and that's your right as a parent. But man, it really makes me appreciate being raised by non-hysterical and open-minded parents! That's not to say they let us watch whatever we wanted, but at least they didn't shield us from the world - and we all turned out pretty darned well, if I must say so myself. Oh yeah, and all three of us are heterosexual (one married with kids). Huh.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here is a link to the petition itself, on change.org, an activist website.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sesa...nd-ernie-as-ga

Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I wonder how a violent so called homophobic parent might act if he finds out his kid saw the wedding on Sesame Street.

the truth is gays are willing to allow people to die to advance their evil agenda.
Did Warren Jeffs bring you up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Hey genius, this thread isn't about conservatives now is it? For some reason you can't stay on topic much, perhaps facebook is more your style.
Yet you people are making it about Conservatives.

Quote:
how come the there are more anti gay crimes now then there were 10 years ago?
look up the word backlash
So because more people are coming out you say it's acceptable to attack them. You sound like a drunk husband trying to justify beating your wife.

Quote:
even if you are right eventually their decedents will see you as backwards for nor understanding that this is a moral disaster.

homosexual relations were more excepted in the Roman Empire then they were 100 years ago and abortions (and infanticide) were seen as a birth control.

the point being even if almost the entire world (which will never happen no matter how much propaganda you use) excepts this evil, probability wise eventualy it will once again change back to what it was originally and you will be looked upon negatively by history.
So you don't think that minorities should have rights. Okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies