Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Your sauce is weak. You need to come with something better than that.
Try this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
"An online push is under way to pressure the producers of "Sesame Street" into having Bert and Ernie get married."
"More than 900 people have signed a petition about the pair of platonic puppets on Change.org as of early Wednesday."

Read more: Rainbow Connection? Online Push Under Way for Bert and Ernie to Get Married on 'Sesame Street' - FoxNews.com

And you think our children are not being targeted?
That is the most digusting thing I ever read. I knew it was only a matter of time before the homosexual community attacked children's tv shows and movies. I knew it! They want to indoctrinate our children into their lifestyle and make them think it's okay. It's not!! I had originally joined change.org because I wanted to support that Atlanta mom who was arrested and sentenced to 10 years. But now, I've had enough and I'm deleting my account. I'm not going to continue to sign my name to a leftist-run organization of very things I oppose.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
then let me give you a authentic Jewish teaching (which describes modern day Reform-Judaism in a nut shell)
he who's merciful to evil people (that is Judaism definition of of one who practices the said behavior) will eventuality be unmerciful to the righteous
Sweeeet... sounds like a party! The thing is, we have conflicting ideas of who is evil vs righteous - and that's where our faith apparently differs. I don't care who you sleep with (pedophiles aside), what color your skin is, what god (if any) you pray to, or even how you vote in elections. I only care about how you treat others, and would not be "unmerciful" to anyone without VERY good cause. Is that so bad?

Quote:
do you consider people who want to legalize Polygamy and Polyandry a minority?
should we make special laws for those that want practice these behaviors?
Why should I care if people want to marry multiple spouses? As long as all parties involved are consenting adults (i.e. not that Jeffs creep), it's no skin off my back... so if they want "special laws" to legalize their behavior, I'd have no problem with that. Live and let live.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-12-2011 at 04:30 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That is the most digusting thing I ever read. I knew it was only a matter of time before the homosexual community attacked children's tv shows and movies. I knew it! They want to indoctrinate our children into their lifestyle and make them think it's okay. It's not!! I had originally joined change.org because I wanted to support that Atlanta mom who was arrested and sentenced to 10 years. But now, I've had enough and I'm deleting my account. I'm not going to continue to sign my name to a leftist-run organization of very things I oppose.
I'm sure the homosexual atheist feminist liberals will mourn your departure... LOL. Your post totally reads like a parody, but sadly I think you're being serious. And who exactly DON'T you have a problem with? Oh, I know - White Christian conservative males. How incredibly dull.

Edit: I see you edited your post, so my response may be confusing now. What, you realized it was going a bit overboard? That's cool, I guess.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,668 times
Really?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,668 times
Bert and Ernie forever!

Hey, I'm all for it.
Which one will wear the dress? I'm guessing it'll be Ernie he's sort of "femme" and soft.
Can S/S give us a show where they talk all about the various types of same-sex sex?
I'd like to see B/E engage in BDSM, “light” thou...cuz some of the kiddies might not get it...but then again?...Honestly to be really fair we need to have all the different varieties of sex out there displayed in the fullest on Sesame Street. Imagine all the possibilities! When do we get anatomically correct Bert and Ernie dolls that we can "practice" with? Tha'd be kewl... Mustn’t forget the trans-genders! They need to be equally represented, perhaps with pre-post op dolls all the parts attached with Velcro! Just mix and match! Switch out what you don't like with what you do! And we can't forget bondage, strap-on’s and fisting. We really need to show that as well. Don’t forget the polygamists, and the pedophiles and those inclined to bestiality. Snuffleupagus does Grover with his trunk-junk in the trash-can! We can’t leave out the cross-dressers and the girls that take male-hormones so that they can try to grow beards. And the dudes who wear bra’s….NICE! SHOW IT! SHOW IT!
The world is not “truly” fair until all types of sex and all types of relationships are equally represented and respected.

No No No…I got it! That’s IT!

We need a “Caligula meets Bert and Ernie” episode….no even like a mini-series!

Awesome!

I can see it now…

“why Ernie…you really were a virgin…”

Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times
While I have been an outspoken proponent os same sex marriage, I also grew up watching Sesame Street. I really always thought of them as friends, not spouses. I worry that they would ruin their friendship by getting married.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 AM

915 posts, read 2,425,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So, is it appropriate for the "straight" puppets to have relationships on-screen? What about Miss Piggy and her insatiable lust for Kermit? I don't hear people crying over that, and it's probably more explicit than Bert & Ernie's wedding would have been... guess it's only "inappropriate" depending on the puppet's nonexistent genitals. Gawd, what a strange debate this is.
You're seriously comparing Sesame Street to The Muppet Show? Two different audiences. Hence the reason one show is on PBS at 7am, and the other was on CBS at 7:30pm.

Clearly you have no purpose in any form of debate.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Sweeeet... sounds like a party! The thing is, we have conflicting ideas of who is evil vs righteous - and that's where our faith apparently differs. I don't care who you sleep with (pedophiles aside), what color your skin is, what god (if any) you pray to, or even how you vote in elections. I only care about how you treat others, and would not be "unmerciful" to anyone without VERY good cause. Is that so bad?
how would reform Judaism explain this statement from Jewish tradition (with out erasing it)
god didn't decree the flood until man started writing marriage documents to other men.

and I'm glad to see you agree with the death penalty (this is talking about in principle not with how it's practiced when done wrong)

Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM

988 posts, read 1,204,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Maybe you should worry about what's happening in Katy. If you have to announce that you're not a troll, and even then it's up for debate, that's not a good thing.
Katy is doing just fine, thanks for asking. A little drought, but nothing we can't handle. No worrying involved though, as we are not unarmed peasant subjects of the central government here in Texas. How are things where YOU live?

I have to announce in my profile that I am not a troll, because my views are so refreshing and bluntly sensible, that the braindead leftist zombie robot drone parasites (coming to theaters this fall) here on C-D react with violent, sputtering impotent rage and hurl troll accusations if someone dares to upset their applecart of complete and utter utopian commie bullcrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies