Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Oh my God. Children in the richest nation in the world will actually have the opportunity to not go hungry. The horror, the horror!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I have no problem with my taxes going to school lunches. It's much better then them going to the war on terrorism, or the war on drugs.
Exactly. I'd rather pay for kids getting meals in school than for prisons, idiotic wars, or corporate welfare.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:41 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The children aren't to blame. It is sad that so many are born into a life that is miserable because one or more parents is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. There needs to be a way to qualify children for free lunches vs a blanket free lunch program.
No, there needs to be a way to keep those who are incapable of providing for children from having them in such large quantities. I'm tired of paying for their mistakes!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I agree they are worthless too.
But why should I be forced to pay for other people's children? Why are people having kids they can't afford? Not my responsibility.
Also not the fault of the children.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I don't give a **** how much potential you have, or how much your family loves you, you are an economic drain on me. That's clearly more important
When I'm paying for my groceries at the checkout, or sitting down to write a check for mortgage or utilities, and watching the balance drop, I really don't give a s**t about the potential of some street urchin, or how his parents feel, if at all. They brought him/her into the world, not me. That's wasn't me in bed or in the backseat with his/her mama getting my jollies, so why should I be paying for it?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I agree! That's why Government should get out of healthcare with all of these regulations. This way, the free market, will provide for everyone. This way you don't have to pay for me

But this is about children of dead beat parents who refuse their precious food stamp money to pack lunches for the kids. And of course, have MILLIONS of excuses as to why they can't do this.
Yeah. That'll happen.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Great! Its a pilot program, so we can look forward to soon having it spread to schools all across the country once these kids complete the trial phase and fill out the form reporting that they no longer feel "stigmatized" for eating on our dime because even the kids who don't need the free breakfast, lunch & snacks get them! That's swell. Gotta spend all our country's excess money somewhere!
And your thought on the unreal amounts of "foreign aid" we are handing out to nonstarving countries, in relation to helping out our own kids who should starve just because their parents can't pay?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
There is the very real possibility that these children's parents are not drug addicts, alcoholics, lazy deadbeats, losers, and/or irresponsible sexually. They could easily have had honest, well paying jobs but due to job loss are now unemployed or under-employed and have fallen on hard times and become 'low income'. Hopefully it is not a permanent condition and the parents will get back on their feet.

[for this segment of individuals I will happily pay my share in taxes to feed their children]
But the entitlement program will be permanent! When have you ever heard of such give-aways being discontinued because economic conditions improve? Even if the individual recipients do change, the economic drain on taxpayers will continue as new generations line up for the handouts.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But the entitlement program will be permanent! When have you ever heard of such give-aways being discontinued because economic conditions improve? Even if the individual recipients do change, the economic drain on taxpayers will continue as new generations line up for the handouts.
Just wait til they expand it to all schools in the US.

All kids in all schools all over the US will get free breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:39 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
And your thought on the unreal amounts of "foreign aid" we are handing out to nonstarving countries, in relation to helping out our own kids who should starve just because their parents can't pay?
Ron Paul 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies