Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 AM

908 posts, read 1,662,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
The rules on this board do not allow me to call another poster stupid .
90 % of Americans still have jobs , do you think they come from the people in the housing projects ?!?
If your thinking that unemployment can't get any lower your wrong. The rich will work or invest even less if they are going to be penalized even more with more taxes .
The rich will close their business and live off of what they earned and saved in past years .
when profits are way up, it means they are NOT paying people to work, they have CUT jobs not HIRED people, but are still doing business. They have fired people, outsourced or robotized, and/or overpriced their services to a bunch of overpaying chumps. BTW, really rich people are already living off WHAT THEIR MONEY and their money managers earned them, and maybe what they stole or cheated people off of for generations, not necessarily anything much that they really worked for. Ever hear of the banking industry? just for starters.
I will make a few exceptions but maybe just a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
BTW, really rich people are already living off WHAT THEIR MONEY and their money managers earned them, and maybe what they stole or cheated people off of for generations, not necessarily anything much that they really worked for.
I wouldn't exactly call it stealing or cheating when inane people who really can't afford it willingly overpay for McMansions, iCrap, designer shoes/clothes/handbags, etc.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So....you feel everyone should stay in a hole with you......because YOU want to be there???

No, I think people need to have affordable home ownership options if they are going to get out of that hole by escaping the rent inflation that keeps low earners perpetually poor.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:57 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You do realize that given total national income and the total amount of federal income tax revenue, you'd have to pay a 12.5% effective federal income tax rate in order to pay your fair share.

From IRS data:

AGI in millions of $: 8,317,188

Federal Income Tax Revenue in millions of $: 1,042,571

Effective tax rate to pay one's fair share: 12.5%

You're only paying less then 1/4 of your fair share.

Sources:
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation
SOI Tax Stats - Individual Income Tax Rates and Tax Shares
I paid more than that for Federal Income Tax.

I am certainly not in the top 5% of income earners.

25 years old and single.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times
Quote:
I love that phase......I am going to steal it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A conservative is a liberal who has been robbed by government.
Why?

The government is everyone's favorite scape goat. The government causes you so many problems. It is so convenient.

Wife left you? Blame the government.

Got laid off? Blame the government regulations.

Broke until pay day? Government taxes me too much.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
No, I think people need to have affordable home ownership options if they are going to get out of that hole by escaping the rent inflation that keeps low earners perpetually poor.
Harry Reid thought so too.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Harry Reid thought so too.

But his idea was to impose more government and mine is to impose less government.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I paid more than that for Federal Income Tax.

I am certainly not in the top 5% of income earners.

25 years old and single.
You'd have to be earning at least $55,000 per year for that to be true. And if you're single, why can't you pay more than that?

Estimate 2014 Tax Refund with the 2013 Return Calculator

Isn't that the argument for making higher income individuals pay higher tax rates? They can "afford it?" Well... single with no dependents, so can you.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:44 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,877 times
I'm a middle class conservative and I don't help the wealthy. Why are you assuming I'm an idiotic Repub just because I'm conservative?

Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Are the tax cuts creating jobs for you?...
The core of conservatism is exclusion.

Since human beings created nations and tribes there has been a tendency to have Kings or Royal leaders by birth and the whole society revolved around benefitting that small elite often exploiting its citizens.

The creation of representative government flips that idea on its head. Representative government says that society should work to benefit everyone. That no one citizen is higher than another or more entitled to help from their government.

Liberals generally seek to expand who societies works for, while conservatives seek to exclude people from such help and always make the same argument that those people can't be helped because they suck, and besides helping them is really hurting the wealthy and powerful and thus destroying the very fabric of the nation.

To the extent that someone identifies with the elite or hates the disadvantaged is the extent the person sees common cause with conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies