Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What???...who did you rep??
Don't play stupid, you know that was directed at you. A bigot race bater just like Waters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How are unemployed people being paid to stay unemployed? They're being given short-term benefits because there are no jobs!
Are you seriously asking these questions?

I'm sorry, short term is 26 weeks, as it was originally intended (a hand up), and has been pushed to 52 and then 99 weeks. That's almost two years (a hand out!) Has the meaning of short term somehow stretched with time? You can get an associate's degree in less than 99 weeks.

There are no jobs because they have been regulated and taxed to where moving off-shore makes better business sense. Water seeks the lowest level, so do well run businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
When contrasted with the long term (a lifetime of employment, a career), yes, it's short term.

Do you see an alternative?
Now that's a way to rationalize that two years is actually a short amount of time when compared to the 40+ years we typically work. In fact, using this way of thinking then it would be only fair if we received unemployment for twenty years since we had to work the other twenty, and then I want my SS and retirement. By all means, lets call this logical and write more checks we can't cover.

And to stay on topic, Waters proves the point by showing how much of a gutter shark she is.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-24-2011 at 02:00 AM..

Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I don't know anyone who like Ms Waters. Can't figure how she is where she is to be honest.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know anyone who like Ms Waters. Can't figure how she is where she is to be honest.
The people that voted her in the position that she presently holds, pretty much the same way that Perry, Bachmann, and some of the other nutcases got their positions. Being that she has been were she is for such a long time, basically means that her people likes what she is doing. She, like any other opinonated person in her position has the duty to voice what she sees in the realm that she is in.

I really like how some people are quick to call her a racist and other foul things because she vocalizes something that MOST rational people already know. Many of the uneducated population have no idea how our government works outside of what Faux News tells them. So their (Faux) enemy is the enemy of the ignorant masses.

You, like many others have never heard of Rep Waters until she said something negative about the Teabaggers and now all hell has broken loose. If she had said something discouraging about the President this forum would be full of praise instead of full of BS

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Maxine Waters can go to hell.
Excuse me, but I think it is "straight" to hell.

Last edited by LaTrang; 08-24-2011 at 08:07 AM..

Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The people that voted her in the position that she presently holds, pretty much the same way that Perry, Bachmann, and some of the other nutcases got their positions. Being that she has been were she is for such a long time, basically means that her people likes what she is doing. She, like any other opinonated person in her position has the duty to voice what she sees in the realm that she is in.

I really like how some people are quick to call her a racist and other foul things because she vocalizes something that MOST rational people already know. Many of the uneducated population have no idea how our government works outside of what Faux News tells them. So their (Faux) enemy is the enemy of the ignorant masses.

You, like many others have never heard of Rep Waters until she said something negative about the Teabaggers and now all hell has broken loose. If she had said something discouraging about the President this forum would be full of praise instead of full of BS

my old district was one district away from Maxine "No Justice, No Peace" the Riot Instigator Waters.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-25-2011 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Nice young gentleman not obsessed with race unlike Maxine "all your oil wells are belong to us" Waters.

Maxine Waters Grills Obama Aide: 'Let Me Hear You Say Black' - Maxine Waters - Fox Nation
Sometimes this forum feels like a cheap news ticker. Can't people write a reasonable op anymore where one doesn't have to read links or watch videos?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Are you seriously asking these questions?

I'm sorry, short term is 26 weeks, as it was originally intended (a hand up), and has been pushed to 52 and then 99 weeks. That's almost two years (a hand out!) Has the meaning of short term somehow stretched with time? You can get an associate's degree in less than 99 weeks.

There are no jobs because they have been regulated and taxed to where moving off-shore makes better business sense. Water seeks the lowest level, so do well run businesses.

Now that's a way to rationalize that two years is actually a short amount of time when compared to the 40+ years we typically work. In fact, using this way of thinking then it would be only fair if we received unemployment for twenty years since we had to work the other twenty, and then I want my SS and retirement. By all means, lets call this logical and write more checks we can't cover.

And to stay on topic, Waters proves the point by showing how much of a gutter shark she is.
Whatever the reason, fact is, there are not nearly enough jobs for everyone. So what are those people supposed to do? Start stealing food?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Whatever the reason, fact is, there are not nearly enough jobs for everyone. So what are those people supposed to do? Start stealing food?
Maybe the Progressives should have thought about the outcome before they gave all of our manufacturing jobs away and created a "service" economy. It was the stupidest thing to have ever done. Now we are suffering with the consequences of yet another not so well thought out Progressive plan. There simply IS NOT enough service jobs that you can live off of for the entire working population. That was a no brainer, but the Progressives had a massive brain fart and were actually happy about it as witnessed by the speech ole BJ Willy gave when he was leaving the WH and said that our economy has been successfully transformed from an industrialized economy to a service economy.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Speaking of Full of BS. I wonder after such a dump as your post, if you can possibly have any more left, but I suspect you do have some left, lots and lots, left. Now if only you could connect your BS, with the truth, or even a snippet of fact. Your Hatred of good and decency has clouded your judgement.

And my old district was one district away from Maxine "No Justice, No Peace" the Riot Instigator Waters.

"Your old district" first of all it is not your current one, and secondly obviously you have never voted in her district to begin with. My next question is have you even been in her district and talked to any of her people? Proably not, it is easier to ASS ume what and how the people who voted her in think. Maybe the teabaggers and faux may have told you what they think

Hmm, Did that "no justice no peace" have anything to do with the Rodney King Beating? If it did, and you were for the police beating the hell out of an unarmed motorist, I guess Now I know were you are coming from

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: response to deleted quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies