Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:27 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
2012 is going to wipe the tea baggers out. It's a presidential year so more Democratic voters will show up and now everyoner sees their terrible agenda.
If you any foresight at all, you should immediately go to your nearest big box store and buy a case or two of Kleenex, cause, baby, you are going to need 'em on that historical day coming up in Nov. 2012.

Kleenex, lots of Kleenex. Visine too.

BTW, your post is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Indep. voters are a huge bloc, and disgusted with partisan politics. This will increase by 2012.
Yah, if by "partisan politics" you mean "Obama"!!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
I meant both Dem and Repugs. Congress in general.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know what compromise really is? I don't think you do. Compromise is not one side giving in to the other side to get something done. What did the Tea Party people want in order to go along? Why all they wanted was to have the law say that a balanced budget proposal be handed to the states. Do you really believe that would have been bad? I never did but I was always sure that the states would have approved that amendment in less than 2 years.

Damn did those people want a lot from the Dems in order to go along. Yes, I know that the Dems and the MSM never mentioned that part of the story since they were bent upon hurting the Tea Party people as bad as possible.

If I had been a part of the whole 1000 people who were polled I would have had to tell them that I will certainly vote for my Congressman next time around. He promised to do what he did on that vote. Only 19 others if the group held their ground. The other 59 of them voted with the establishment Dems and GOPs so the bill carried the House quite easily.

Was it really so much for those people to ask for that one tiny thing to get them to vote for the increase of Obama's credit card?
I know that you are aware that is not all they wanted. They wanted every thing their way.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I know that you are aware that is not all they wanted. They wanted every thing their way.
How about when the dems/obama had everything their way?

You remember - when they shoved obamacare down this country's throat, AGAINST the will of the people?

I guess that was ok, right?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about when the dems/obama had everything their way?

You remember - when they shoved obamacare down this country's throat, AGAINST the will of the people?

I guess that was ok, right?
People did want health care they just didn't like that republican plan that Obama got through.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
People did want health care they just didn't like that republican plan that Obama got through.
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Obamacare continues to be unpopular and cost the dems the House in 2010 and will likely cost the Senate and possibly the WH in 2012.

So let's not be talking about compromise and paying heed to the will of the people.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Obamacare continues to be unpopular and cost the dems the House in 2010 and will likely cost the Senate and possibly the WH in 2012.

So let's not be talking about compromise and paying heed to the will of the people.
Now if only we could keep the Supreme Court from ruling the law unconstitutional until October 2012. Would that not be a nice "surprise?"

Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl whit View Post
Lets dump the government totally...

We can all then sit around campfires singing Kimbra, our hearts full of love and peace embracing former illegal alien invaders knowing the only evil white empire on the face of the Earth is gone...

Does make you wonder where did our fight go.......seems people really don't believe America has enemies.

Maybe, we could change the song..............
THE YOUNGBLOODS- "GET TOGETHER" (W / LYRICS) - YouTube

Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Looks like the Tea Party has overreached, more than anything I ever imagined. Talk about a sobering reality. For the zealots who frequent this board, as well as their heroes, time to wake up and smell the coffee.

After the downgrade, a direct result of the tea party's manufactured crisis and absolute refusal to compromise, America holds them responsible for this mess. Furthermore, while the tea party screams about the "will of the people", the citizens of this country CLEARLY want something other than what they are selling, including raising taxes to deal with our fiscal issues.

More bad news for the GOP:

AP-GfK Poll: 87% in US disapprove of Congress - Yahoo! News
ROTFLMAO. Get real, man; there's so much inaccuracy in what you've posted here a rational poster wouldn't know where to begin. With the likes of Maxine Waters supporting your point of view, I can say only, that right there is living proof why voters should be passing literacy tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies