Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times

Advertisements

Obama was all God this and that with his speech this morning. Blaming God for burning everything up, then saying God is our guiding force.

Guess that blows the Obama does not speak about religion argument.

BTW - Obama looked awkward without the prompter, having to look down the entire time to read each word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
believe me if the U.S. did not want us here we would not be here!!!
The citizens of the U.S. do not want illegal immigrants here. So, if you are illegal, believe me, the US does not want you here.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Obama was all God this and that with his speech this morning. Blaming God for burning everything up, then saying God is our guiding force.

Guess that blows the Obama does not speak about religion argument.

BTW - Obama looked awkward without the prompter, having to look down the entire time to read each word.
Fortunately, today's speech was an exception to the norm for Obama. I thought it was inappropriate.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Fortunately, today's speech was an exception to the norm for Obama. I thought it was inappropriate.
The so-called exceptions seem to be adding up. Maybe, just maybe Obama doesn't keep his religion and its effects on his decision making to himself after all.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
I read so many posts and see so many reports where liberals make fun of and have absolute hatred of religious politicians. I am not religious myself, but I find that attitude disgusting.

My question is, why don't liberals do the same thing to Obama? He is a very religious man.
Obamabots don't care what he does, or thinks. They just like the sing-sony preacher cadence, that he can read a teleprompter, and that he is of the new "preferred" liberal racial ideal. The liberals have more reason to despise Obama than the rest of us; he betrayed them utterly by following Bush's steps exactly (though at much greater magnitude).

I'm a fiscal conservative, and think Religious fanatics have no place in our government. There can be no religious freedom, or freedom of any kind, when religion and government are mixed. Sooner or later, preferential treatment for the most common/popular religion WILL result in oppression of ALL the others.

Theocracies are incredibly dangerous and destructive, whether muslim or Baptist or Roman Catholic. No good can come of them.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
The so-called exceptions seem to be adding up. Maybe, just maybe Obama doesn't keep his religion and its effects on his decision making to himself after all.
Really? This was an egregious exception - he was preaching while POTUS. I don't recall him ever doing this in the past. If you've got some links, please post them.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Really? This was an egregious exception - he was preaching while POTUS. I don't recall him ever doing this in the past. If you've got some links, please post them.
Already did. Please pay attention and turn on something other than PMSNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies