Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

I love seeing people count their eggs before they're hatched, it's humorous seeing the egg dripping down their face when reality intereferes with their delusions

Last edited by burdell; 11-15-2011 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
who's going to boot him out? mitt romney? perry? cain? they will be worse than obama. they will increase the size of govt under the ruse that they're shrinking it! when it fails, and it will fail, everyone will say how limited govt doesn't work.

when the govt fails it must be at the hands of someone who is explicit about his big govt ideals, not someone who speasks the limited govt lines
Newt Gingrich is certainly a better option than Obama. Newt had real government experience and I would hope he would put some form of government reforms into place and decrease the spending that Obama's administration has gone crazy with.

Wait, ANYONE would be a better option than Obama!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
I think the real question is, "How will the conservatives react when crbcrbrgv starts yet another "I told you so" thread next November.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Have at it. We'd love to hear your opinion. Not to get you banned, but so we have something to look back on in a year and ask you if you still feel the same way.
Well actually, now that I think about it, the real truth is that I doubt you really care what regrets Obama might have or that he might even have any. Win or Lose, America is going to be run at the behest of corporate interests and on the macro-economic level the idealogical differences between Dem, Rep. and Ind. will not really matter. Its very, very rich vs. everyone else. There isn't much left in the Planet for the wealthy to extract and hoard. I've not heard (not that I'd be privy) of anyone human having a way to leave Earth after it is no longer fit for human habitation. That day is fast approaching. Even if we stopped the pillage right now its likely far too late. Doom and gloom rantings from the far Left? Whatever you say. What I say is that it is ridiculous for 1,000 people more or less to control Trillions of dollars while the SuperCommittee wrangles over details of cutting a Trillion in future spending and we pulverize roads, close hospitals and water treatment facilities, mull the reduction of Postal Service, lay off law enforcement and fire and rescue personnell... basically roll back to 18th Century levels of civilization. There will be savings, you betcha. Cash savings. Who will pocket them?

H

Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Considering that the President is a Class AAA Blame Artist, I know that there will be all sorts of reasons that will be thrown around by the President, Democrats, and Liberals as to why he became the next One Term President.

But what sort of regrets will Obama himself have? What will he blame for his Magnificent Ouster? Will he blame himself, or others? Will he regret his policies?

Hindsight 20/20 is bound to be quite interesting coming from the First Black President, One Termer, and Worst President in post-War history.

He who believes they can predict the future is either a fool, a liar, or both.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:08 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tell me how a republican is going to win the presidency without the Latino, African-American and other minority votes. I just don't see Obama losing in 2012.

Then apparently you need glasses. Who will decide the 2012 election? Independents. Blacks and Latinos will vote predominantly for Obama, but the independents will be the deciding factor. They probably have had enough of record unemployment, soaring debts, no energy policy, and the corruption of Obama.

A sock puppet beats Obama in 2012. The republicans could put up Darth Vader and win.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:17 PM

212 posts, read 126,652 times
Quote:
Considering that the President is a Class AAA Blame Artist, I know that there will be all sorts of reasons that will be thrown around by the President, Democrats, and Liberals as to why he became the next One Term President.

But what sort of regrets will Obama himself have? What will he blame for his Magnificent Ouster? Will he blame himself, or others? Will he regret his policies?

Hindsight 20/20 is bound to be quite interesting coming from the First Black President, One Termer, and Worst President in post-War history.
That he didn't do more for his bosses at the Federal Reserve to redistribute wealth away from the middle class.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Put up a viable candidate first, then we shall see. So far you just have a bunch of loons as your frontrunners.
I don't think the OP is discussing the democrat party, just obama

Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Putting the cart before the horse yet again, these repubs are. You familiar with the term, "jinxing yourself?"

Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Then apparently you need glasses. Who will decide the 2012 election? Independents. Blacks and Latinos will vote predominantly for Obama, but the independents will be the deciding factor. They probably have had enough of record unemployment, soaring debts, no energy policy, and the corruption of Obama.
There was just a poll not too long ago showing that among independents, a significant majority believe Republicans are sabotaging economic progress. You think that will get them voting for the GOP?

Quote:
A sock puppet beats Obama in 2012. The republicans could put up Darth Vader and win.
Well then you better find one and run him, because head to head polls show Obama coming out on top of any of the current GOP candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies