Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,566 times

Advertisements

here we go again...just. stop. it. another cheerleader thread about some yet-to-be-named republican candidate who will win it all and send obama home in shame....

clearly you guys WANT another term of obama--if you're banking on voter disappointment with obama as a reason to elect one of these republican "frontrunners" YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

if republicans had half a brain they'd put huntsman in and kill all talk about these supposed "frontrunners"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
ronald mcdonald is a more viable candidate than obungo obama is.
To bad none of the actual GOP candiates are, maybe you should give old McDonald a call, he would be a huge step up for the GOP, and he already has the clown suit so he will fit right in.
Casper

Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I thnik he will regret that he didn't listnen to Clinton in that he couldn't govern from the left of his party in a right of center country but then I think he is seeing the result.I thnik anyone reading his opposition speeches o raisng the debt ceiling when Bush was president gave cover to anyone opposed to it when he was president.But most of all he saw that you can spin all you want but filure to lead and policy failures have consequences like the mid term elctions. I would think since polltical trend start at local levels he would see the state house results of mid term has a disaster coming to national politics for his party.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I seriously doubt that.
So black people are united in supporting Obama? Last I checked, they were pretty angry with him about many things.

If we take the premise that black people as a whole consistently vote with significance, then... why were there republican presidents before?

If we take the premise that they only came out as a whole for Obama's election, then what makes you think they will do so again, especially when blacks are fractured in their opinions of him?

As for Latinos. There are a lot of conservative ones as well.

I think you are doing too much speculating and then buying into it as if you had any certainty.

One thing is certain, Obama has angered all factions equally and his run will be a difficult one.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
I think his biggest regret is that he didn't learn on the job like all of the Dems said he would. He was and always will be more interested in his celebrity status and I think he won't regret being able to sell books and be in front of his teleprompter full time.

I think pretty much any one could beat him right now as he lost the minority vote that he had in 2008, the young people's vote and the vote of independents. The Jewish support will be limited due to his stance on Israel. He has alienated too many and accomplished nothing. His legacy will be one of failure and by taking an already bad economy and making it worse.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
My racist brother-in-law, who went out and bought several hundred rounds of ammunition soon after President Obama's election (thinking that Obama was going to unilaterally outlaw all bullets and guns), popped up with an observation the other day:

"Well, at least the country can see that a "N" cannot run the country, and so we won't have to worry about another "N" being president again".

He still maintains that the president has turned us into a communist country, although I found it best to not press him for details, since he can be rather vague.
Your brother-in-law was half right.. Obama is leaning to communist tendencies.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So black people are united in supporting Obama? Last I checked, they were pretty angry with him about many things.

If we take the premise that black people as a whole consistently vote with significance, then... why were there republican presidents before?

If we take the premise that they only came out as a whole for Obama's election, then what makes you think they will do so again, especially when blacks are fractured in their opinions of him?

As for Latinos. There are a lot of conservative ones as well.

I think you are doing too much speculating and then buying into it as if you had any certainty.

One thing is certain, Obama has angered all factions equally and his run will be a difficult one.
Isn't this whole thread about speculating? Anyway, the last republican to win the white house did so by winning a good portion of the Latino vote. I am not sure if any of the republican candidates can appeal to Latino voters like Bush did.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:06 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To bad none of the actual GOP candiates are, maybe you should give old McDonald a call, he would be a huge step up for the GOP, and he already has the clown suit so he will fit right in.
Casper
Stock up on Kleenex and Visine. You are going to need it big-time come November, 2012 when President Perry mops the floor with Obama.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
here we go again...just. stop. it. another cheerleader thread about some yet-to-be-named republican candidate who will win it all and send obama home in shame....

clearly you guys WANT another term of obama--if you're banking on voter disappointment with obama as a reason to elect one of these republican "frontrunners" YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

if republicans had half a brain they'd put huntsman in and kill all talk about these supposed "frontrunners"
Yah, sure, we'll put Huntsman up. Right, just for you!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Stock up on Kleenex and Visine. You are going to need it big-time come November, 2012 when President Perry mops the floor with Obama.
In your dreams. No way that loon is elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies