Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right, but the point my friends makes to me, is that the blacks who are out of work, will not care. They will vote for Obama based on his skin color, nothing else matters, is what my friend tells me, yes he is black and educated.

Also he was raised with two parents not one, another example my friend gave to me, so many of today's black families, are the Mother herself raising her children, on welfare, etc. Not all, i can give examples of the opposite, he is trying to get me to realize, that family life no matter who you are, is important and to have harmony and positive in your life, not negative, and good role models are something positive to look up to. What he hates is black Parents who project their hatred of white's and others, for no reason onto their children. And the children growing up, with the wrong ideals, and that mentality, of give me, i deserve. Same can be said though, for any family who projects hatred onto their children, not just black families. Let kids be kids, and have them grow up making their own minds up, do not brainwash them.
And who is your friend that he can speak for all black families? Does he personally know them all? All 40 million? This is just another example of biased based ignorance and stereotyping a whole demographic based on what he probably sees on television. Which is NOT real. Perception apparently is everything nowadays.

These women have it hard enough trying to raise children by themselves and here other people are bashing them. I have plenty of friends raised by single parent homes who graduated from college, are attending law schools/top tier schools, and receiving doctorates.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
A multitude of reasons, but you can be rest assured the black community is mostly gonna vote for a Democrat anyway. That's why Obama can ignore them all he wants, and he'll still have their support. Especially because many blacks that haven't voted before voted for Obama because he's black
not true just as many blk ppl voted for clinton in the 94 election.

and most blk ppl in virginia voted for kerry over al sharpton
in the 2004 virginia democratic primary.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:52 PM

why do ppl say blks voted for obama because he was blk.

88% of blk voted for kerry
and 90 % of blks voted for clinton.

hell 80% of blks voted for mondale and dukakais.

I hate when racist white ppl say blks voted for obama because he was blk.
They voted for him because he is a democrat.

Only 5% of blks voted for him because he was blk. its statistically a fact.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
why do ppl say blks voted for obama because he was blk.

88% of blk voted for kerry
and 90 % of blks voted for clinton.

hell 80% of blks voted for mondale and dukakais.

I hate when racist white ppl say blks voted for obama because he was blk.
They voted for him because he is a democrat.

Only 5% of blks voted for him because he was blk. its statistically a fact.
Perhaps when you can spell out words and use full sentences your posts might be worth responding to.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
A multitude of reasons, but you can be rest assured the black community is mostly gonna vote for a Democrat anyway. That's why Obama can ignore them all he wants, and he'll still have their support. Especially because many blacks that haven't voted before voted for Obama because he's black
Bi-racial

Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bi-racial
Yeah he often claims his white heritage.

By the way, when left wing "anti-raciss" on here claim anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist because he's black, do you go out of your way to correct them as well?

Old 09-03-2011, 07:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
And who is your friend that he can speak for all black families? Does he personally know them all? All 40 million? This is just another example of biased based ignorance and stereotyping a whole demographic based on what he probably sees on television. Which is NOT real. Perception apparently is everything nowadays.

These women have it hard enough trying to raise children by themselves and here other people are bashing them. I have plenty of friends raised by single parent homes who graduated from college, are attending law schools/top tier schools, and receiving doctorates.
One doesn't have know every single member of a population to speak in generalizations. That's why we have statistics. It is a fact that 70% of Black children are born out of wedlock. Black children are twice as likely not to live with their fathers as white children. In some inner city neighborhoods, you know the most crime ridden the out of wedlock rates are in excess of 90%.

Criminologist have found a correlation between absentee fathers and criminal behavior. Of course none of these factors mean a child is going to grow up to be a criminal. Just increases the odds.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One doesn't have know every single member of a population to speak in generalizations. That's why we have statistics. It is a fact that 70% of Black children are born out of wedlock. Black children are twice as likely not to live with their fathers as white children. In some inner city neighborhoods, you know the most crime ridden the out of wedlock rates are in excess of 90%.

Criminologist have found a correlation between absentee fathers and criminal behavior. Of course none of these factors mean a child is going to grow up to be a criminal. Just increases the odds.
And high male black unemployment is not helping that, a woman can live better without a husband or Uncle Sam as her husband supporting and raising the kids.

The only way out is through jobs.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bi-racial
In the US, that makes him black, just like the other 90% of black people who have white ancestry.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Perhaps when you can spell out words and use full sentences your posts might be worth responding to.
I was just simple stating that African Americans have voted over 90%
for democrats in the last six election. Republican claims that african americans voted for Obama because he was black, is statistically false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies